Maintenance Mechanic jobs in Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Marriott International, IncJaipur, RajasthanPostedToday·
- Assists with managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Job Post Details
Full job description
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Jaipur Marriott Hotel, Ashram Marg Near Jawahar Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Assists in the management of all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assists with managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists with leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; no experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting with the Management of Engineering Operations and Budgets
- Assists with managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems.
- Assists with ensuring regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Assists with managing and controlling heat, light and power and recommends current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
- Assists with the development of specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such contracts to support building needs.
- Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
- Assists with the oversight of the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
- Assists with the development of a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and overseeing execution of plan.
- Assists with the development of project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs.
- Coordinates with contractors for bids and construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
- Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and orders or purchases new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
- Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Shares plans with property leadership and ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels. In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.