The Indeed Editorial Team comprises a diverse and talented team of writers, researchers and subject matter experts equipped with Indeed's data and insights to deliver useful tips to help guide your career journey.
Origin of Java
Sun Microsystems released Java as a class-based programming language in 1995. Some programming languages cannot run independently and may need support from other programs or hardware. Sun Microsystems developed Java as a standalone programme as it could run without help or interference from any other software or hardware component.
The company originally developed Java as an efficient general-purpose language, though today, it is mostly used to create web-based applications and games. Since Java requires a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) for execution, it can run independently on any device that has a JVM. Since its release in 1995, the company has released many versions.
Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
Front-end application development
Back-end application development
Java is a class-based programme that can work independently on many devices. It has been a popular language among developers and they use it for a variety of purposes. Some applications of Java include:
Android app development
Big data analytics
Compilation and execution
Many professionals widely use Java in enterprise development and hence many developer communities and businesses have created extensive documentation for Java programs, frameworks and architecture. This enables Java to become a language with established coding standards and libraries. It also has helped Java develop as a highly standardised programming language with reliable solutions for businesses.
Levels of complexity
Since Java is an OOP language, it has a wider range of concepts and features and is more comprehensive. A new programmer may find it challenging to master Java because it is often vast and complex. Entry-level professionals typically focus on learning concepts and features like objects, classes, relationships, data abstraction, inheritance, encapsulation and polymorphism. Additionally, they may require practice in Java programming and relevant work experience to gain expertise. To be an expert-level programmer you may require several years of hands-on programming experience and knowledge.
Please note that none of the companies mentioned in this article are affiliated with Indeed.
Explore more articles
- What Is Brand Identity? With Elements And How To Develop It
- What Is Aperture In Photography? A Comprehensive Guide
- How To Calculate The Employee Turnover Rate (With Example)
- Cyber Security Skills (With Examples And Tips to Improve)
- Job Skills At Work (Plus How To Improve Them)
- How To Do Web Development With Python: A Complete Guide
- What Is The Pomodoro Technique? (With Benefits And Tips)
- Types Of Big Data (With Importance And Career Options)
- Different High Income Skills
- What Is Social Media Analytics? (Definition And Importance)
- What Are Profitability Ratios? (With Types And Examples)
- Reward And Recognition Framework (Definition And Benefits)