A LA MODE

A LA MODE Employee Reviews

This is a very fast paced evnvrionment with very little room for mistake.

In my department, which they have now done away with, that was Customer Support, we were the first line of contact for the customer. We had 7 minutes to handle the call where we were either supposed to fix the issue, send a doc to basically tell the customer to fix it themselves, or transfer them to tech. When I would have my one-on-one's with my Team Lead he would always tell me that my calls were over 7 minutes. He was ignoring the other metrics of my close rates being high, and my customer satisfaction was always at 100%. When I asked him for help on how to get my calls under 7 minutes he could never give me a direct answer or help, or set up a plan to follow. My calls were going over by just a few seconds to up to a minute, but I was still solving the customer's issue. They still did not take that into account when they asked me to step down. I learned a lot about their products and became very savvy in working with them considering they don't have a formal training program. You have a few days in a classroom to learn company history, then, you're paired up with someone on the floor to listen to them and to watch how they handle the calls. But, you're only as good as who you're paired up with because not everyone does everything the same way. The hardest part of the job was keeping those calls under 7 minutes, because I could have an issue almost resolved, and then at 6:30 they would want me to transfer them to the Tech Queue where it would be a 20 minute wait to speak to someone. So, why give the customer a bad experience and not just solve it myself? The most enjoyable -

Pros

There were refridgerators full of free food, a soda machine at our disposal, snacks, and an awesome coffee machine.

Cons

The stress of the department that I worked in, and the very little feedback and help that I got from my Team Lead.

You are expendable

They wont treat you like it, cause they dont want you to quit. But dont think they wont fire you at the drop of a hat. They are seeking middle of the road candidates. High performers (and therefore earners) get the boot

Ice cream shop

Poor management. Don’t treat their workers well. Always running out of stuff that places like that shouldn’t run out of. Not a professional environment. Mostly for high school kids.

Good

A la Mode Salon is a great work place the owner is super nice usually will only work 2-3 days a week nice customers pretty simple job to do once you figure out the computer stuff

A welcoming place to work

A relaxed work environment with high end collections sourced from around the world. Typical day included opening the store, dressing the windows, checking in arrivals, merchandising, selling, and paperwork.

lack of growth

I gave my life to this salon. Unfortunately they didn't feel like it was important enough to take care of there employees. I learned a lot of responsibility from working here and knew what kind of employee I wanted to be for a company I believed in, they did not meet my expectations of helping me grow, benefits, flexible schedule, they did not listen to the employees, they took advantage in every area possible. Great concept and beautiful place to work but that is the only benefit.

Productive, fast paced enviroment

Leading company in Realty software. Does not train well but pays well and has great hours and incentives. Not too much room for advancement but pays for insurance and has a free café that is kept stocked at all times

Not worth your time.

The turnover is extremely high, the team leads are very unprofessional, and the environment is very toxic. Management is never around and couldn't point them out after working their for a long time. The environment is extremely unprofessional and its not worth the free awful meals and great benefits.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Team Leads, Managment, and working environment.

3/5 Stars

The company is an amazing company to work for. The free food, the rest areas, friendly and knowledgeable Team Leads and developers make ALM a wonderful company. My only personal problem was the lack of managerial help from Team Leads, as they weren't on the floor much of the time, and nowhere to be found, and my pay wasn't calculated correctly on a few of my checks, as the system didn't seem to be correctly logging my clock ins, and many times management didn't fix it in time and I had to eat the cost. There is NO MONETARY ADVANCEMENT in this company after you reach the Tech floor. 11.50 an hour, and more, they claim if you can somehow manage to squeeze in your belt training (keyword is IF) between the back to back calls in the Queue. I spoke with many people there, and only about 6 people enjoyed only making 11.50 after 5+ years of work and loyalty. Overall, 3 out of 5 stars.

Pros

Free Lunch, Strong P2P connection, knowledgeable staff

Cons

Never knowing when your lunch will be, missing management from the floor, poor training

This is a productive project

Challenging work and very creative. My colleagues are very helpful

Pros

Creating great shows and getting fashion tips from first hand professionals

Cons

N/a

Fantastic Workplace, Great Managers, Great Benefits

I loved working here, my only regret was not staying longer, but I needed to move out of town because of family obligations. The workplace was great, a friendly atmosphere, fantastic team leads and co-workers, and they really believed in their products. I learned a lot about customer service, the real estate industry, and working in a professional environment. They really take care of their employees, and give out bonuses and incentives if you work hard and you show initiative. Most of their higher level employees were hired in-house, so there were plenty of opportunities to move up within the company. Probably my favorite place I've ever worked, I definitely miss it.

Pros

free lunches, free insurance, great team leads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A LA MODE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A LA MODE