A New Leaf

A New Leaf Employee Reviews

Poor and untrustworthy management

Clients are the best part of the job. Very high turnout rate among everyone except leadership. Most employees that are not leadership are either talking about or looking for other jobs.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Toxic work environment

Very productive and great help for families.

Great place to work the training is very good, the case load was medium. Management was supportive. Hardest part of job is a lot of driving. Co-workers helped each other out.

Great management and team to work with

Great team of people to work with, wonderful owner/manager, with a small town charm and friendly environment. You learn a lot about plants working there.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Outdoors

Professional, very helpful, and so easy to deal with.

I love working here. I couldn’t have asked for better bosses and coworkers. If you need anything someone will find a way to help. From the top to the bottom someone will have an answer.

Good people horrible pay

The job itself was great, the pay was a step up from minimum wage. Management sometimes talked down on employees after stating numerous times that they were here for you.

Has gone downhill. Could improve to be great again

The management team doesn't to needs of RBT's as a collective turn over in so high that people who have not been there a year are considered more senior staff. They feel like they care more about money than employees super sad to see. They claim there is cleaning being done but the floor and carpets say differently. There is so much potential.

Pros

Lots of ways they try build moral

Cons

Currently no moral.

One of the Best.

A new Leaf is one of the highest paying direct care companies in the area. You will not be treated like just another employee. Supervisors and management actually care about staff. They aim for quality over quantity, and try their best to pair each new staff with participants they think will be the most suitable. You're rarely expected to work alone. There are day and night shifts available.

Pros

You won't be pressured to work more hours unless you want to.

Cons

Short staffed due to Covid.

Poor leadership

Most of my coworkers and I are overwhelmed and felt unappreciated. Upper management doesn’t get what happens on a daily basis with case managers. Major disconnect

Pros

Clients are great

Cons

Poor leadership

A New Leaf as a whole company

A New Leaf is one of multiple facilities that care for and house people with disabilities both in a Single home setting in a Group home setting. They are able to help the disabled community thru donations and other community support. They hire without experience even with preference

Pros

$0.44 pm Mileage reimbursement, unlimited cap on PTO, medical, dental, vision, Life insurance

Cons

As with any job, Cons are expected

Great purpose, poor management

I loved the experiences , working with clients, and the overall knowledge I gained working here. However, there is very little room for creativity. You are given trainings including CPR/AED/First Aid, self-defense, and in-services to attend. I feel I had all the information I needed, but was not allowed to be innovative. When I find a way to connect to a client in a positive, productive way to be told its not "by the book". A lot of favoritism among staff. No clear, communicated, consistent rules and expectations on a job site. No relief when out working alone with clients needing constant supervision. Too much to juggle throughout the day for the pay given.

The Greenhouse Has Some Problems

Before I get too far into this review, I just want to state that my review is more for the greenhouse at A New Leaf. About a year ago I would have told you the working in the greenhouse here is one of the best career choices you could ever make. The job was fun to go to and it felt rewarding to work with the plants and the clients. Over the course of this past year, however, I would say the overall quality of work and work environment have gone downhill compared to what it used to be. The most common task you’ll work on is watering. Depending on how hot it gets in the greenhouse, this can take anywhere from 2-4 hours and can even be expected to be done 2-3 times a day. This isn’t as bad as it may sound, but it’s all the other tasks that will be required to do alongside watering that make it a bit hard. Alongside watering you’ll have to take care of unloading inventory from trucks, taking care of/harvesting from blooming acres (essentially just a plot of farmland), run deliveries, and a wide range of other tasks. These tasks aren’t necessarily hard, but the amount of tasks to be done within one day makes it very difficult to complete everything that needs to be completed.Be prepared to take the fall for the higher-ups/management. There will be plenty of things that they will say that they do, but after they don’t get done it will more than likely fall back on you as something they had told you to do even though they never did. I’m not going to pretend that management of the greenhouse is easy because it’s oftentimes a very stressful and time consuming job, but I will admit -

Pros

Paid Time Off

Cons

Terrible communication, Poor treatment by management, Pay

The Worst Part

You get free donuts for horrible Situations. Not only are not taken care of in general but the quality of a job is not worth it. You’ll be paid or given donuts to “get over it”. There’s a lot of smack talk in between patients. The employees give an attitude for trying to help one another. People trying to act like a Manager when they are within your same job title.

Pros

Free Donuts During panic attacks.

Cons

Horrible Staff, atmosphere, management sucks, & structure needs to be fixed.

Always caring

This company is better than amazing to work for. Everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. Truly kind family here. Everyone is committed whole heartedly to their jobs and are also always willing to cover a session when in need.

Good at first then horrible

Hours are not what they say they work you to death until I was so sick I could not work any longer and instead of working with my illness they just let me go. I will never work for them again.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, Hours and staff treatment

Very epic

and for the win. I do think that because it is for the win it is also epic as well. Yeah, i do think it is epic and for the win. But it isn't just epic -- it's for the win.

Hard job, but great experience

Worked here many, many years ago, and it was a great few years. Was privileged to have a trial-by-fire working at the North Michigan Avenue location, which exposed me to everything from general public to high-end clients.

Pros

Variety and potential for learning new skills every day; flexibility and gratitude from the owner.

Cons

Dealing with the general public face to face was sometimes difficult

Very high past and very demanding office

Very high past and very demanding office. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to help the clients and staff. It was hard at times to do my job due to not having the information needed to complete it.

Pros

Working with the clients

Cons

Not a good place to work.

No support. In my experience the most important thing to management is how many clients can be seen. Focus is on money and not the clients needs. No administrative time to finish charting. Work after hours to finish the days work without being compensated for those hours worked. It was a very good place to worked at first but has become a bad place to work the last two to three years. No team work. Lack of work life balance.

Pros

Best part was working with the clients.

Cons

Lack of support from management

Stressing and risky workplace

Management has not been able to appropriately deal with all the issues and concerns this pandemic has brought. They continue putting employees and clients at risk due to their inability to prepare and deal with this pandemic. Employes are currently required to work mandatory over time as staff keeps quitting. This place has the worst management from any place I have worked at. Staff keep testing positive for covid left and right as you are exposed EVERY DAY. The future of the ORR program is unknown! Management and the CEO have failed the client's and staff.

Pros

Working with clients

Cons

Management, Pay, Covid

Positive work environment

They really cared about employees and made sure to have plenty of team building activities to really make employees feel like a Family. Clear communication, cared about the mission.

Fun workplace with a family feel

I truly loved working with New Leaf. They were especially amazing with my schedule when I enrolled in college. I was able to work full time while attending classes 4 days a week. They have a way to make every employee feel like family. They go above and beyond to care for each of their participants. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a job in home health care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A New Leaf. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A New Leaf