A Wiser Mind

A Wiser Mind Reviews with Jobs

Solid Company

Passable initial training, inconsistency in support supervision loved work with clients, some therapists have worked there for years, good reputation.

Good ethical private company who cares about their clients and employees. Flexible work schedule and great pay. Clients really benefit from this service which is noticeable during their first quarterly assessment as scores will go up on the SLUMS exam and depression and anxiety goes down.

Contract work problems

Company contracts with professionals to provide services. They offer nothing to the professional other than providing a client base - no insurance, training, etc. An enterprising person can provide their own clients through advertising/word of mouth and do better. Management is sketchy, in some instances taking more than a week to get back to you. It involves lots of driving to homes without compensation from the company for mileage.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Inconsistency from management, poor communication

Job satisfaction diminished due to lack of mileage reimbursement or other benefits.

While employed at A Wise Mind, I have been assigned as many as 30 clients who struggle with cognitive deficits and/or emotional disorders. These clients are seen at their place of residence. I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with these clientele, and have become proficient at understanding issues related to geriatrics. I have enjoyed my clients, as well as the opportunity to learn skills related to cognitive assessment and therapy. The most difficult aspect of the job has been the lack of financial benefits.. Due to the distance between client's homes, it is typical to drive 200 miles weekly. Mileage reimbursement has not been provided. Additionally, the position has not been supplemented with health insurance. Due to these issues, it has been difficult to maintain financial stability. Since client's are seen in their places of residence, there is minimal co-worker interaction. When meetings are conducted, I have found my co-workers to be professional and competent in their roles as therapists. The most enjoyable part of the job has been meeting and getting to know my clients. Since the majority of my clients are elderly, the most difficult part of the job has been experiencing the demise of individuals who I have come to enjoy and respect.

Pros

Meeting and working with a variety of people during their aging process.

Cons

Lack of benefits.

Excellent work for an independent psychologist

Great support from the supervisor and administrative staff. They are always readily available. Flexibility to choose assignments. Thorough curriculum provided for dementia clients.

Cons

no benefits for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Wiser Mind. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A Wiser Mind