A. F. Ferguson & Co., Chartered Accountants

A. F. Ferguson & Co., Chartered Accountants Employee Reviews

A.F Ferguson & Co. is a place that will make you excel in your career

A.F Ferguson & Co. is a place that will make you excel in your career. It will make you prepare for the industry. I have been lucky to be part of AFF.

Productive and an excellent learning place.

My experience during articleship at A.F.Ferguson has provided me with a lot of exposure and learning experience. Working at different clients provided experience of working in different industries including banking, FMCF, pharmaceutical, manufacturing etc. which helped in professional development.

Great workplace with conducive environment and learned staff.

During my articles and extra period in the firm I have experienced a diversity in terms of nature of projects I did, teams(people) with whom I worked and upper management to whom I reported my tasks. In a nutshell A.F.Ferguson & Co. is an organisation that know how to well nourish new trainees and staff, making them capable with all necessary skills to accomplish their tasks and discharge their responsibilities with high quality and productive output.

Professional Firm

A. F. Ferguson & Co. ['AFF'] is the best firm in Pakistan out of all Big 4 firms here and I am grateful that I got a chance to learn from great minds.

Pros

Conveyance plus conveyance allowance

Learning

It was a good experience. The environment is really helpful. I got to have my professional experience. Working with dufferent clients gave me good insight and help me to apply my techinal learning.

A very good place to work as a beginner in AFF. I learnt a lot through this Organization.

A very good place for beginner to start his career from AFF. The tools, experience staff and a professional culture improves and polish our skills which are highly valued in the society.

Cons

Work life balance

Learning enivornment

- Typical routine of late sitting and disturbed personal life - Learning environment, with supervision of learned seniors, partners and managers - Work life balance needs a lot of improvement

Learnt alot while working in A.F.Fergusons

Presently, I am working as an audit senior in the Assurance and Business Advisory Services (ABAS) and have also worked in the Tax department. Working with an audit firm since April 2013, I have had an opportunity of being involved in various statutory and non-statutory audit and reviews. This exposure to a wide spectrum of clients with a variety of work experience has provided me with an in-depth view of the key business processes, accounting and internal control systems, corporate governance and regulatory as well as accounting framework for a range of industries. Moreover, it has enriched me professionally and equipped me with the traits needed to deal with a variety of situations in an innovative, effective and efficient manner.

Excellent working environment

I am having great experience working in this organization. I am having rapid growth and it has been a great learning experience working here.I enjoy working here.

It is a productive workplace and good rand name.

Her work pressure is a alot. High focus on quality of work because of which a lot time is spent on working papers and documentation. Moreover one of the best thing is large teams to be managed giving us a good experience of managemnt skills.

Pros

Allowances and foods reimbursements.

Cons

Work life balance is disturbed.

Professional Firm

A typical day at work : Late sitting is usual due to tough deadlines of audit. What I learned : I have learned technical as well as managerial skills. I have performed audit of number of clients and was also involved in business advisory and tax advisory tasks. Further, I have built an ability to deal with tough deadline and meet the requirement of our clients Management: The management is supportive, and keep there employees to learn and to find out new ways to solve issues arise at different clients Workplace culture: Professional and friendly environment The hardest part of the job: To avoid late sittings The most enjoyable part of the job: Team work, appreciation

I am writing in response to the job vacancy for an opportunity in your esteemed organization. I am a highly organized and self-driven individual, passionate about developing my career in the subject field. Possessing more than 5 years of experience of working in A.F. Ferguson & Co. Chartered Accountants( a member firm of PwC Network). As a Chartered Accountant Finalist one paper to qualify, I am an accomplished communicator, with excellent organizational, decision making, and time management skills and have a proven track record of consistently meeting and regularly surpassing demanding performance goals. Proactive, innovative and highly influential, I am seeking a challenging but rewarding position, which is why I was naturally drawn to this exciting opportunity.

One of the great place to start your careers

My tenure at A.F.Fergusons and Co. was amazingly great. I had the opportunity to work the seasoned professional of the Industry. Whether it be Assurance, Tax or Business Advisory. A.F.Fergusons has offered great exposure in terms of clients and services.

Competent and highly professional wokplace

The day starts with auditing different clients, verifying data, client communication and documenting every work that we do. Everything that we learnt was how to audit, how to maintain integrity and how to keep confidentiality, moreover PWCs audit software Aura was also part of learning along with expertise in excel. We work like a family. hardest part of the job used to be to manage pressure of meeting deadlines, which we learnt with time and in the end became indifferent to pressure and learnt to meet strict deadlines. Most enjoyable part was when despite of severe pressure we used to enjoy every moment spent with colleagues.

Pros

teamwork

Cons

work life balance is difficult to manage

Productive and Learing

Learning environment with benefits of working professional accountants.the firm enjoys respect globally

Pros

experience with MNCx

Cons

Late working hours

Productive and creative place to work in

At AFFerguson & Co. a member firm of PwC network, a typical day would include dealing with clients, coordination with client regarding issues in the audit of Financial Statements, coordination between audit team and audit documentation. Additionally advisory assignments would involve a similar routine with the exception of making documents for the client and advising clients regarding best practices.

Good

Experience to work in PwC Pakistan is great. Learn alot of things and still in the learning phase as there is no boundary of learning.

Pros

Leaning and Learning

Cons

Too much pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A. F. Ferguson & Co., Chartered Accountants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A. F. Ferguson & Co., Chartered Accountants