A.M.W. Transport

A.M.W. Transport: 7 Employee Reviews

Great Bosses - Bad Hours

The management for AMW is awesome. Make you feel valued. The issue arises from Amazon as they don’t care at all. Hours have been changed from 6-4 to 10-8. 2nd shift isn’t for me but if it is for you - you will love it. Easy and active job.

Pros

Management - Easy Work

Cons

Hours

Don’t work here unless you are desperate.

Too much workload and not enough pay. Training is pretty much non existent you have to figure it out on your own and there’s isn’t someone that communicates the things you have to know as a driver to do your job. There’s contradictory information almost of the time. The tools you need to do your job are not always working how they are supposed to, you get 10 hours to do your route but by the time you pick up your packages and get to your first stop it’s more like 9 but they still expect you to finish as if you had 10 hours. They don’t like if you get OT they try to keep you at 40. There’s just a lot of disorganization and plenty of turnover.

Pros

None; it’s a job

Cons

A lot

Official response from A.M.W. Transport

April 11, 2021
Hello - Thank you so much for the constructive feedback. I would like this opportunity to address each item mentioned above. 1 - Workload/Pay: We start pay for employees at $16 an hour. I believe that this is $1 over any of our competitors. We also offer incentives and bonuses during the holiday seasons. Regarding workload: We are an essential employer and proud of it. We help people during this tough time and support our community when they order through Amazon to stay safe. Regarding Training: We have 2 days of in class training and 2 weeks of on the road training. We also continue to train employees none stop and provide feedback daily and weekly. Your statement is false in this matter. Regarding the tool and contradicting information - AMZL was formed only a few years ago and AMW Transport came to existence late 2019. We are constantly changing for the better. Regarding the Route Sizes - I mentioned that above. This is a trying time in the world and we are an essential employer and support our communities during Covid. Regarding Finishing the Route on Time - This is driver behavior based. If you could not finish the job, this means, that you needed additional training and should be speaking up. Im certain that you probably have 1 of the 3 owners numbers. All our employees have our personal numbers. I just wish you talked to us. Regarding OT - This is false. We offer OT during the holidays and during Amazon Prime weeks. You are probably working 4 days a week and each is 10 hour shift. However, during holiday season, we always offer OT to anyone interested. Thanks

Fun workplace and great team of managers

I loved and enjoy working with this company i had car issues which caused me to miss work but if I could go back I would. I loved my managers and co workers they made coming to work fun and I always looked forward to coming to work.

Pros

friendly team and managers

Cons

transportation

Overall it’s a great place to work, have had things come up while at work and they were very helpful and understanding. Highly recommend them as an employer

Home away from home

I seriously love this company! They always care for us as people not as a number. Always willing to help in any way they can. Feels like home away from home.

Treated like family

I am happy to be working with this company. It is a family run company and they treat you like family too. They always worked with me when I needed time off and were very understanding. It says something when you are confident enough to invite your friends and family to come work with you too!

Disrespectful management

Long story short there are much better dps what work out of the amazon center. I found the management at amw to be rather rude and disrespectful. As many dps as there are out there on the floor id avoid amw like the plague.

Official response from A.M.W. Transport

February 24, 2020
Hello - At AMW we treat every employee with respect and dignity and strongly challenge you to prove us wrong. While we dont agree, I sincerely appreciate you for submitting a review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.M.W. Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

A.M.W. Transport Reviews by Job Title