A.W. Chesterton Company

A.W. Chesterton Company Employee Reviews

No complaints

Management is better than other locations, pay is fair and sometimes better than other locations, work is not stressful and possible to accomplish. They definitely make sure you are prepared and equipped to do the job and not overwhelmed/trained properly and are willing to listen to you and work with you as a person. The atmosphere amongst employees/morale is low. One manager in particular is known for causing the employees a bit of grief and is more on workers than other managers and is therefore disliked. They have newer technology for picking product where much of the product is in a large machine so that you don't have to walk up and down the aisles to pick much of it which makes any pickers jobs much easier. They've come up with numerous ways to make many different positions more efficient.

Pros

Good amount of benefits, tuition reimbursement, 4 or 5 day week (temporarily), fair pay, reasonable workload, a good amount of time off.

Cons

other employee's negative attitudes, one boss can be particularly nitpicky, working around chemicals (in closed containers) that are harmful to aquatic life.

The company had a reputation as a very well run family oriented international company until the last family member was put in charge.

It appears that the company has failed to maintain their industry leading reputation since they've brought in outsiders to run the company.Management changes since 2012 seem to have hurt their business model.

Pros

Until Arthur Chesterton's death, the company had been very family oriented.

Cons

Left in 2012 more than doubled my pay rate in just under 9 years since.

Change is not always for the better

A.W.Chesterton used to be a family run, friendly place to work. Ownership used to take care of their workers. Now, sadly, they have hired VPs that are power hungry, creating a prison-like atmosphere. HR is also useless. They are run by another power hungry, and heartless individual. Pay rates are already lower than average (glassdoor.com) and has stayed unmoving for the last 5 years. The new atmosphere has become toxic and backstabbing.

Cons

Management is very detached from the workers

Gehalten eine absolute Katastrophe

Ich habe bei chesterton Ismaning als Zerspanungsmechaniker gearbeitet .Das Arbeitsklima ist eher familiär, es gibt kostenlose Getränke und man wird ab und zu auf was zum essen eingeladen. Die Arbeitszeiten sind schlecht, es ist ein zweischicht Betrieb, wobei die spätschicht sehr lange geht. Die Vergütung ist ein absoluter Scherz.Man bekommt ca 1400 netto mit Steuerklasse 1 , ansonsten kein Urlaubs oder weihnachtsgeld. Absolut trauriger Laden ...

Pros

Kostenlose getränke

Cons

Sehr schlechtes gehalt

A great Place to learn and start your career! Good personal Relationships with Management!

I love the Chesterton/Fluid Efficiency Shreveport Service Center! It has been an amazing place to work and Develop you in you career and as an individual!

Pros

Great company to be a part of and excellent employees!

Cons

Retirement and healthcare is average

They don’t like when you speak your mind. They want you to feel stupid. It was there way or no way. Even if you made suggestions they didn’t care. Rules only applies to certain people. S

Pros

Cons

Everything about this place

I enjoyed working at AW Chesterton

I was in the position to help many people at work on a daily basis. I enjoyed the fact that every day would be different as I always needed to take care of new problems or issues. I never went into work and had the same day as before. People at the company were very supportive and understood if I couldn't get to their issues the same day. I never had a serious interaction with anyone. The employees were always friendly and never acted negatively.

Pros

My new boss as of March 2020 was incredible at his job

Cons

My old boss before 2020 was unethical, conniving, lied, and degraded the department in front of management

productive

good place to work at. they provide all the tools needed. AW Chesterton celebrate most of the years holiday. they have parties for the employees and they are also recognize.

Pros

free lunches on Saturdays

Cons

no communication

Didn't care about the little guys, They didn't wanna hear suggestions.

Management was a "boys club". Not treating everyone same, fair. Management all hung out together. Cared about how they did and looked. No problems with production workers, willing to help each other.

Great place to work with great benefits and great salary. I had been with company starting in 1989 and after 5 years in inside sales I left the company. After 3 years working in Maintenance and Engineering I came back to Chesterton in the role of outside sales.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.W. Chesterton Company?

Good company

Great company. Management can use some help though.

Opportunity to work on various departments of the business

Opportunity to learn the business and grow in US Manufacturing. Training and time to learn. Work can be long hours but teams are fun and people are real.

Worst experience of my life

This is where loser go after they haven't been able to make it anywhere else. The company is poorly managed and full of people that would find it very difficult to get a job at another company. There solution to correcting issues is to blame somebody. Endless finger pointing, poorly managed, business is in decline..... AW Chester isn't long for this world. Avoid at all costs. Their IT department is ruled by a total loser. He has a huge ego grounded in failure after failure. The BAs on his team are glorified secretaries. Just a miserable place to work.

fun

i like it because is fun to work there and you learned, the bad thing is sometimes if too much over time, and if you have a child is no any good to you.

Chesterton Review

Good company to work for. Many employees with 20+ years experience. Plenty of opportunity for advancement if you initiate the want for advancement. Good working environment.

The culture is cold

They do not know how to run the business. Rather than fix flaws they will fire the next in line. They promote people who half finish projects. When they try and upgrade they spend too much time rushing and not enough time planning. For the three divisions they have the seals one will be the end of them.

Pros

Good people who care

Cons

Management sucks they killed Osram and will kill Chesterton

Poor Upper Management

Answered phones and responded to emails. placed orders. outside procurement. Handled customers difficult orders. supported outside sales team. Worked on special orders that required certification for parts going to nuclear power plants.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Poor Executive Management

agradable y acogedor

me toco participar en la creación de protocolos para equipos que pasaban por mantencion con la idea de crearles una hoja de vida

Pros

todo

Cons

Broken culture with weak executive

Used to be a good company. Grandson has taken over the company and is totally useless. Upper executive is confrontational with each other and solely focused on their own personal agendas. A bizarre madmen culture, where upper management is sleeping with employees and the "do what I say, not what I do" mantra is alive and well. Culture of covering each others backsides and paying off executive assistants with Chesterton incentive bucks. Need to point out that a certain female executive assistant is one of the biggest bullies in the company. If you're not her good side, you are screwed. Distributors have the owners ear and wag this company. Products are out dated and we are trying to play catch up with the competition ( which is too late in the game). Have lost some very good management and engineers in the last few years - people who actually cared about the company and spoke up. COO and VP of Global sales are a train wreck. The tension actually has resulted in good people around them leaving or being walked out the door. HR and Finance are bloated cost centres. More resources need to be funnelled to engineering, production and sales. As Kramer would say, "The share holders should sell while there is still some value in the company".

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Executive management and elitist culture is killing this company.

Good place to work.

Many opportunities to learn outside of your specific job title, great LEAN program, and the time is used wisely so everyone can contribute. The organizations does a lot for the community at the holidays and other times of the year like earth day cleanups.

Good work/life balance

The work/life balance is great. Having said that they have had layoffs a few times that I have been there. Really nice people who work there. Their sales need to increase in order to flourish.

Pros

Worldwide business.

Cons

Business needs to pick up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.W. Chesterton Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.W. Chesterton Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?