A1 Solar

Working at A1 Solar: 22 A1 Solar Reviews

Good working environment, occasional bonus payments

A1 Solar is a small but proficient Renewables arm of A1 Roofing Ltd which in the main provide the work flow to A1S , A1 Solar has the potential to expand and stand alone especially in the commercial rooftop market. They provide a good environment to work in and fully support its workforce.

Pros

Team support, occasionally bonus payments

Cons

Lack of Business expansion

Not really interested in writinf a review. The pay rate was basic and the working conditions were fair. Managment was also fair. Needed more hours and more shifts

Productive and Intuitive Company

This company provided great products and helped families, and business's all around California. I would highly recommend not only the products but the company as a whole to be employed at.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long Travel

It was fun for a while

Each day began with just punching in and having your box. Don't you dare move around while in those robo calls. Each day would be an outbound call to schedule those lovely enough with homes to have their homes modified with solar. They had the possibility of lower costs. The task was to get an opening in the schedule of the customer to have a tech come and evaluate the structure and if it could be modified. The hard days would and could be, when you haven't gotten a single person open enough to have your tech come out. It could be very discouraging.

Pros

Plenty of hours having engaging conversations. LONG

Cons

Hearing the ramblings of a mad person who wastes time

Small but Dedicated Solar PV Company

A very competent Solar PV contractor backed by a leading Roofing Company, with so much potential to expand their share of the evolving Solar Market outside of Roof Top Installations.

A good workplace with great flexibility

A good work environment and great workplace culture, I definately learned a lot about solar equipment and support for the equipment. The flexibility is great at the company.

High pace, fun, competitive

A1 was a very well maintained business that gives all its employees the opportunity to grow within the company. It is a great place to work and grow yourself in sales and customer service

Money was not the problem it was poor management

Typical day at work as stressful for each department. I liked most of my coworkers but management wasn't properly trained. Management acted off of personal emotions oppose to work ethics.

It's a cloak and dagger

All appointments and schedules were to get those without solar panels to have them. They will hire anyone off the streets, sometimes good, sometimes bad. They change their name to something new to reach and touch homeowners without solar

Pros

It was great to speak to folks

Cons

No real commitment to customer service

Ok company

Ok company to work for. Their lack of customer appreciation is alarming. Money over everything seemed to drive the company. Cant trust a company like this.

Went out of business

Terrible Customer Service. Terrible commission for Sales. They went out of business because they didnt handle customer complaints very well. Like the people and the training.

Pros

Good Training

Cons

Terrible Construction Management

fun atmosphere but stressful

loved my manager and the vibe but it can be stressful the started to cut hours and from there went strictly commission and were not being fair on the sales

Ok job for entry level I suppose

I really don’t know what to say here I think this whole process is utterly ridiculous and very tedious. I am trying to find new employment not relive my past seriously

Pros

Early hours

Cons

Pays bi weekly

love to talk on the phone??? this ones for you!!!

you sit all day at a computer taking cold calls over and over. If you can handle being hung up on and at times being cussed at and called every name in the book then you will do just fine here.

Pros

easy job

Cons

on the phone all day

It was desk work.

A typical work day here means answering phones. It was busy as ever on the weekends to make the deadlines of meeting the schedules that are to be conducted. Management did their part in assisting with customers that have questions or inquires. Everyone would work as a team and work diligently to meet schedule in customers. You know you are helping customers with scheduling them in to receive information on solar energy

Pros

Excellent breakroom

Cons

so many calls and so much stress to meet goals

worked till they subbed out all jobs

growing company at the time, really hectic in the mornings to receive materials .quickly became team member leader and direct crew on istalls and trouble shooting inverters

Pros

a lot of work

Cons

newbie team members

Good company back in 2014 not sure about current

A1 Solar was actually a good company to work for. I worked there for 1 year. I left on good terms and if they offer me another opportunity with the company for more money maybe I would go back.

Pros

HPC Bonus, Cash Bonus, Commission Bonus

Cons

They hire anybody which can be a bad thing sometimes

Work Work

Great company to work for if you work for the rite person. I would not go back to work with them. Although I did learn a lot. I also schooled a lot of people to be better.

Pros

IT On Demand

Cons

No Akknowdgement

Very Scammy Company

I worked here for six months and at the beginning it sounded great and I was making pretty good money but soon found out I was completely overcharging my clients!

Pros

Pay, good cause

Cons

Overcharging clients, dishonesty in sales process

Independent Contractor

Presentation of photovoltaic (PV) solar systems to homeowners. One call sales closer. Follow through with customer; from permitting, financing, to complete instillation.

Pros

Independent

Cons

Not enough work to live on.

The atmosphere was passive, everyone got along.

This job gave you a chance to have a flexible schedule. Everyone got along just fine. My manager was understanding and open minded. I enjoyed the coworkers and how everyone got along just fine. However, I feel as though the type of work I was providing deserved a higher pay.

Pros

environment

Cons

low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A1 Solar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A1 Solar