A24 Group

A24 Group Employee Reviews

Agency nurse

When there is work it’s fine but once there’s no work you hear nothing. I rang the agency everyday and they gave me nothing. Also, it isn’t mentioned that you join multiple agencies not just one, so therefore they’re a little misleading. Pay could be improved but that’s the same in nursing.

Friendly staff

I feel very disappointed that A24Group group don't think about their workers in times of price increase in daily commodities they reduced pay instead.

Workplace - payroll

Payroll was a fun place to be, the team are friendly and supportive. There are some days where working late is asked of you. The pay is fair. If you work hard you get rewarded.

Environment one can really grow in

The A24 Group is a fast paced environment where the staff have great opportunites to grow and learn the medical staffing sector in SA and UK. The Business is built on relationship building with candidates and clients and they really pride themselves on the ongoing relationships. The salary is competitive and your work is acknowledged!

Pros

Great Salary, Alot of Growth, Praise, Commission driven

Excellent Service

The A24 Group has been a dream to work with, they have provided me with great opportunities when looking for General Nurse shifts. Finding shifts has never been so easy, they contacted me directly when they had shifts and they knew that I was available.I have been working with them since 2017 and they have been nothing short of amazing.

Pros

Great Communication, Excellent Support

Productive and fun workplace

The A24 Group has a fun and productive working environment with a great working culture. They provide a fast pace of work and great training when starting out with the company. They are always eager to help you grow in any aspect that you need help with.

Not paid on time

I signed up with the a24 group after being recommended by another one of their staff. After a long 5months process I received my first assignment. I covered a shift with one of the agencies of the a24 group (grosvenor nursing). This was a self booked shift to which I informed the agency about. After not paying me for the hours I work, I informed them.. but each time received the same answer that I should have informed them sooner (which I did on the day I covered the shift) it has now taken 4 weeks and I am still now paid. I called in only to have the manager say that it’s my fault and that he is contacting the hospital. After calling the hospital myself, I was informed that they had sent out the shift to the agency for them to book me in order to complete my pay. However the shift hasn’t been booked from the agency’s end which has delayed my pay. This shows that (grosvenor nursing) did not follow up on my shift which has delayed my pay. I would not recommend this agency to anyone as the don’t follow up on their employees and will find ways to put blame for something they should have done themselves. A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT.

Pros

Cons

Rude staff, Delayed pay

Good work place , growth , friendly people, fast paced

It's a good company to work for, you learn a lot and management is engaging. There is room to grow and the training process is quick and fast no time wasting.

Pros

Good salary and comm

Cons

No benefit

Avoid!!

Errors from start to finish in onboarding process. Kept asking for documentation which had already been sent to them but a distinct lack of organisation evident. Baz who did my interview online was brilliant. In the end, got fed up with being messed around and stopped process as do not feel confident with the overall service and how I was dealt with.

Pros

Interviewer great, BNA branch manager great too

Cons

Too many to mention

fast paced

fast paced would recommend the culture is okay too and the area where you work is not safe but if u driving u good. Salary can do with an increase cause work load is so much.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A24 Group?

Flexible working with good rates of pay

Worked for them for the last 2 years happily. Lately recruitment consultants behaving unfairly with shifts and my complaint was not addressed by the manager as promised.

Always lots of work available

A temporary work assignment agency in healthcare - I've had a good experience with A24. Always plenty of work opportunities, if you ask for a different time they give you different options of shifts at short notice. Paid weekly without fail, 24/7 telephone support and helpful on the phone.

Flexibility

A24 group is a well coordinated agency, and pay is relative due to your position and sites you are required. Total flexibility according to one availability.

Review

I needed to work and being able to choose my shifts was helpful. I’ve worked for this agency for 3 years. They stopped having shifts in my area so I barely have shifts with them.

fast paced

Your are expected to meet your kpi and put in the effort, people aer freindly however busy not much time to get to know staff etc. Focused on work and very regimented

Very rude don't have your interest it's about them and choose who they want to give shift to after working all over Birmingham covering shift never complaining I just got shove aside no explanation

Pros

Cons

Expect to cover shift anytime

April 16, 2020
Hi. We are sorry to hear that you have had this experience. Please send your contact details so that I can rectify the situation immediately.

waste of time

I have registered with A24 agency 9 months ago. Since then I have never worked for them. They would keep calling me to update my availability. They called me with available shift once to which I would have to go immediately so I couldn't go. Other offers of jobs were something like text this number if you are interestead doing thee month contract in nursing home on the other side of the country. So avoid! complete waste of your time ( and mine it surely was).

April 17, 2020
Hi. Sorry to hear that you had this experience. We try to allocate the best suitable shifts for our staff at all times. Please forward us your contact details so that we can rectify this matter.

Awful

Worst company I’ve ever worked for in my 25yrs nursing. They seriously care about nothing but how much they can earn from you. Reports of care concerns, patient safety and my professional safety went completely unheard repeatedly. No support with revalidation or CPD, even had to pay them to have my revalidation statements and certificates.

April 17, 2020
Hi. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please forward us your contact details so that we can look into the matter immediately.

Work Available

Enjoyed the flexibility of the job. Work the hours you want. Book the shifts and times you are available. No pressure to go to work. Agency calls you as well when they have extra work.

Good

Decent pay, learned a lot working for this agency, shifts can vary, sometimes there are multiple shifts sometimes there's barely any work available, all in all a decent experience.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Frequency

Unpredictable work pattern

I have recently returned to Ambition following a two year break, having originally worked with them for some eleven years. I returned as they needed staff for ED at Rotherham Hospital; however unfortunately the hours have recently dropped off. I have been a full time agency nurse for approximately fifteen years. Having had pretty much unlimited work throughout my first stint with Ambition, I am now struggling to get even 20 hours most weeks. This is not a reflection on the agency however; since the pay capping 'crisis' I believe most of the higher paying agencies have struggled to some extent. Certainly Ambition was a victim, which was the reason I had to leave. I feel also that being in the North of England hinders opportunities somewhat - up until my return six weeks ago I was based in the South East of England where I had plenty of work. However I do believe they work very hard to obtain as much work as possible. My booking consultants from both past and present have been absolutely fantastic - they genuinely seem to care and both did / do their upmost to look after their staff. The agency have also been known to reduce their rates but without reducing ours, in order to secure work which is an absolute anomaly with agencies. It would be so beneficial if they considered doing it more often however, at least up North, to attract more clients.

Pros

Excellent, caring booking consultants, excellent pay rates which unlike the majority of other agencies do not include annual leave pay, this is instead accumulated through the number of hours worked.

Cons

Based in Cape Town, South Africa, despite speaking English there is often a misinterpretation of conversations, which can be incredibly frustrating, registration process ardorous, in that they will often ask for additional information which was not originally requested.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A24 Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A24 Group