A4e

A4e Employee Reviews

The only thing that gave job satisfaction were the front line staff

The company was constantly in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons which made the job very difficult to do and sometimes almost impossible. I really can't say anymore about this position.

Felt supported all the way through, it was a really nice place to work and staff were made to feel valued. Would often have pizzas for lunch paid for by the company and team motivating days. Very much a work hard, play hard environment.

Awful place

Awful poorly trained managers who treat their staff appallingly. Staff, in turn, treat members of the public like the dirt on the bottom of their shoes.

Pros

Cons

As above

Very uninspiring

This job is completely a numbers game so if you are not someone who wants to ring people all day long, looking for vacancies, it's not for you. You also do not have the time to develop relationships with clients or potential clients. It's 'do the numbers' - doesn't even matter if anyone picks up the phone, just get on to the next call. That's not how I work and I would not have gone there if I had known it was like that.

Pros

Was close to home

Cons

No job satisfaction at all!

A4e

Moving customers on from benefits through work related training courses. Enjoyable working environment within the team- hardest part of the role was working with some challenging customers

Very Welcoming Staff

Two work placements saw me work at A4e for a number of weeks. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Duties included; - Creating a new company database that was easier to navigate - Data entry - Filing, Scanning, Photocopying etc.

Not good place to work

Initial assessments, followed by inductions. Mountains of paperwork in triplicate. the hardest part of the job was meeting targets as the targets were unrealistic.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Managment did not want staff to improve themselves.

Meh

Ok to work for, sometimes challenging customers and employees seemed frustrated? Didnt work there long as i was on a temp basis. I did apply for a permanent job there but didnt get it over someone more experienced.

Office no longer open

I enjoyed working here, it was an interesting place to work and we met lots of interesting people. The office in Hull is now closed. I believe A4e as a whole no longer exists.

loved working there

I enjoyed working here it had gave me more experience @ i loved working with my colleagues @ meeting new people. At the time i had a young family @ the hours fitted in around my family which was of grate help.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A4e?

Apprectiship - Property & Facilities

My typical day in the office involves been the first point of contact for all property related incidents. I deal with all emails that are directed to facilities and ensure all issues are reported within the given time frame.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

N/a

A useless company.

A4e was a waste of my time the staff were friendly but didn't know what they were doing. The equipment kept breaking and the computers were always down plus the manager expected to much from her staff.

Ok

The company itself was not bad to work for however I did not enjoy the work I did and decided to leave. I enjoyed being part of a large company however.

Office Staff Vastly Unappreciated

No administration personnel are appreciated by the office managers. Managers don't appear to realise that without the administration, they and their targets WOULDN'T be effectively managed, nor would the customers have any up to date information.

Pros

the people who work there

Cons

the people who work there

Good experience

Provided good experience for working on DWP contracts. Every day was different working with the public. Team leaders and managers worked to tight deadlines. Performance and targeted work, Small teams to specific contracts Getting people into work and this was also the most rewarding

Fast paced and usually very challenging

The office is always very busy and run very well. The day can change in a very short time. Im used to dashing off on unexpected appointments but equally used to being let down by learners. The role has taught me excellent time management and organisational skills.

A Scam of a Company

The salary is actually quite good considering the easy life that most A4e staff seem to enjoy at work. It actually seemed to be the low paid administrative staff who did most of the work, while the advisors sat back and relaxed. As many people probably already know, this company makes money off the backs of people who have experienced misfortune in life. The so-called support provided for unemployed people mandated to attend the Work Programme with A4e largely consists of having them sitting there searching for jobs online- although occasionally an individual welcomed the opportunity to do this because they didn't have their own facilities, the vast majority of people did this at home anyway. There seemed to be a big drive to push customers into any low paid job regardless of skills and qualifications, just so A4e could claim the job outcome fee. I came across many customers who were frustrated that they could not gain qualifications such as a driving licence because A4e said there was no funding for them. I thought this was a real shame as it would have made a big difference to some people's chances.

Pros

Easy life

Cons

Frustrating to see unemployed people being exploited

Run the other way

Run like the wind and avoid this company at all costs, If you want to be treated well go and work at Macdonalds. Targets unrealistic Higher management - Exeptionally poor Staff Benefits - none Colleagues - Fantastic and a credit to this poor company

Pros

None you will try and get out very quickly

Cons

The day you start work you realise you made the biggest mistake of your life

Demanding.

Work under your own initiative. Target and quality driven. Job satisfaction high -working with people. However, hours to complete 'paperwork' etc.. makes this job not family friendly if you wish to meet the demands of the job/work.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Unrealistic hours and expectations.

Stressful and badly organised environment

Long days without regular toilet/refreshment breaks due to the environment worked in. Management do not have very good organisational skills, which impact on the staff causing stress. All members of the education team feel stressed. The early start to the day and the long teaching sessions are the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the learners and seeing them make progress even with some of the difficulties they have.

Pros

Nice boss, Christmas party

Cons

Long teaching sessions with no breaks, bad organisation within education department

rewarding work, can be frustrating

Working with the public can be very rewarding, having them realise that some of the ideas being put forward may actually help. The company can be frustrating in how the managerial structure operates, operational decisions seem to be made without considering the impact on staff or customers, but nothing new in that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A4e. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A4e