AAA Northeast

AAA Northeast Employee Reviews

Great company on paper, lacks leadership

Overall the company itself is great, the benefits are hard to match. But from the inside I can see why there is a struggle to retain service reps. Supervisors can be slow to answer when help is needed or when a customer is requesting them. Quality control can be tedious with reviewing calls, resulting in low performance marks that some feel do not accurately reflect their performance. Needless to say, I have not been here very long and had planned to stay for a while and move up through the companies own training software, but after seeing some of the inner workings I have begun to search elsewhere for a better fit.

Great company to work for

The downside is they need to consolidate programs used to locate needed resources to perform the job! Multi tasking will be needed for this job as you will handle looking at more than 30 programs a day

Cons: the phone priority queue

It’s perplexing that some individual receive a lions share of the phone and internet leads while others are left to generate their own leads. Management is by transparent about the existence of the phone priority queue

Just Something To Pay The Bills

Everything comes with a "Catch or Condition" Hourly pay is real and thats it. Do not believe the extra incentives. You cannot depend on commissions or incentives because upper management has made anything extra vertually unattainable. Too many unreasonable hurdles and conditions to get past to in order to earn the extras. Ask any AAA Fleet Employee about monthly incentives. They will tell you how unfair the system works. Its set up to make you fail so the company doesnt have to pay out any incentives that they advertise. Can be a very dangerous job exposed to battery acid and other hazmats. And trying to change tires on the side of a busy highway with traffic and tractor trailers wizzing by you at 80mph. The only good part is when and if you get used to things you can work independently without a supervisor looking over your shoulder. Not much down time except for a couple of months when it slows down. Most of the year its slamming busy, one call after another. No breaks, and only a half hour lunch for a 10 hour shift. Constant turn around of employees. Very few stay. New employees only seem to stay long enough to collect their sign-on bonus then see you later.

Very busy and unnecessary

AAA Northeast used to be a great place to go to work. Coworkers were very helpful and friendly. There weren't many slackers. People worked hard. We just verified name address and phone numbers, then upsold services. Training was great. Had a great support system. However, management changed, supervisors were leaving, and all of a sudden, we were then required to ask for an unnecessary amount of 'verification questions' during membership calls. If someone was calling in to simply pay their membership renewal bill, we are required to verify two phone numbers, date of birth, on top of name, address, email, and upselling services. They said it's for verification and data collection. However, if a member declined, then we would move on with the call. So we aren't required to verify it to help a member, but are required to obtain it at the same time. It adds to call handle time, which management cared about, but we still had to do it. It turns members off, and it was just burning me out.Slackers weren't being held accountable and were making the same amount of money as seasoned counselors. The best agents were leaving and dropping like flies. New people were being hired but they were questioning too able character's who could not be trusted. People will be sneaky. Try not to share too much or make friends here. EACH AND EVERY winter at 9am, I would walk in and see 300+ road service calls in queue at a time. AAA never did anything about this. If it snowed an inch, I knew hundreds of calls would be waiting when I logged in. We took the calls but it didn't matter. Members had to -

Travel Agent

The Travel Agent job can be very challenging and will test your limits for sure. AAA will put a emphasis on Sales. Management favors those that have top sales. I did 100k a month but was not a top performer. AAA will introduce new systems and you will be the one to test them while working with members. Management will just look at your Metrics, Graph charts and numbers and listen to your phone calls.I learned alot at AAA and for the most part I loved booking people's vacations but as a travel agent your are in a entry level position. You are more of a salesperson, must be able to pay attention to detail and follow up follow up follow up. Travel at this time is 2022 is still very confusing with covid protocols and many airline cancelations. Every mbr you interact with will get a survey on your performance if they are not totally satisfied it will stop you feom getting raises , bonuses and can negatively affect your review. For example if a mbrs flight was delayed or canceled they will not be totally satisfied. This job can be very stressful. Long hold times for airlines and vendors. Like hours of hold times. Pay is or was not competive and the commissions go to AAA. So make sure your happy with hourly rate.

Pros

Benefits 401k

Cons

Qualtrics

A lot of favoritism, high turnover, but there is some room for advancement if you can stick it out. Pay could definitely be better. The metrics used to measure performance for payouts shouldn’t be so ridiculous.

Decent place to work. Flimsy HR.

AAA Northeast is an okay place to work. My experience with management was overall positive, with a few characters that exist in every work environment. The workplace culture for our department is good and there is general support from those you work with. The HR department is questionable and missed the company culture training.

Pros

Supportive management and teamwork.

Cons

A lackluster HR department that does not care about the rest of the employees.

The company has a good environmental workplace. But, to there is some not friendly employees as well

AAA Northeast is a good company to work for. But, I have to look for another job because I'm moved ng to Texas. I'm a proactive person with a team player actitute.

Very happy

I honestly feel very fortunate to work for this company. I feel like I am a respected member of the team and all the upper management including the CEO are very approachable.

Pros

Salary, benefits, bonus structure all well above average

Cons

Perhaps a little behind on technological advances

Always something to do, if you get down time you can stay in your truck watch a movie or listen to music

Awesome Staff, reliable work, room to grow, and earn more pay. Lots of overtime if you like.Respond to Clients who joined AAA, serve their vehicles by Spare tire repair, Battery Jump, or to Tow with flatbed. Winter time you do extrications of vehicles only when it is safe.

Pros

Learn new things, Room to grow, and earn more pay

Cons

Nothing bad to say.

Job posting and duties were totally different

I worked at AAA for about 6 months . I honestly can say that the people I worked with were fantastic . My trainers were really good and prepared me for the job . It was a clown show on the floor . Endless call offs of other people leaving the staff continually understaffed and taking back to back calls of roadside that are difficult under best of circumstances. Management was aloof , very fake.

Pros

Good training and time off policy

Cons

Management very standoffish

Good Company and good culture

My experience with Triple AAA has been nothing but positive and my coworkers are some of the best I've ever worked with at a company.From the Hiring process to Training I've been supported and empowered to succeed.I enjoy my job and the customers are alright and the programs are easy to operate.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits and good culture.

Cons

No ready time between calls and the hourly rate could be higher.

Watch your back

They used me for what they needed me for, then cut my hours and my benefits to part time. You are micro managed from Rhode Island, the managers are too busy trying to look good to care about you. Especially S.R. he's out for advancement

Pros

Cons

Management doesn't care

Treat this job as a transitionary job.

Make this job a transitionary, in between job, and not your career. There is nothing good about working here except the jokes along the way. No one is above being talked about in a negative way and the pay isn't enough motivation either.There's a reason why 7 people left within 6 months of hire in this year alone at this location, most of the quietly, some not so much.

Pros

Jokes and that's it.

Cons

High stress, short breaks, mediocre pay, two-faced coworkers, phones are a source of high stress..

Very Stingy

Too much of the nonprofit mindset, which translates to smaller raises than at other companies. No wonder there is a good amount of employee turnover.

Pros

There are much worse places to work

Cons

Very little room for career growth

nice coworkers

Very stressful at times.Lousy work schedule.Too much micro managing. Long hours and having to work Sundays. AAA main objective is to increase membership. They do not know how to run a automotive service center.

Pros

Most coworkers are great. Free food in the lunch room at times.

Cons

Under staffed most days.

Once enjoyable, now I dread going to work.

Policies change week by week . New managers with the lack of knowledge about our abilities and job tasks in the real world. Unrealistic goals are set so that bonuses are unable to be obtained.

Pros

Weekly pay, benefits, 401k

Cons

Moral is low, constant policy changes, no justification of implemented change to supervisors actions .

Official response from AAA Northeast

October 12, 2021
While we’re disappointed to hear about your experience, we appreciate your constructive feedback. In the meantime, if you’d like to share more with us please email humanresources@aaanortheast.com. Thank you again!

Run

Training didn't teach half of what was expected at the job. Be prepared to have customers call in angry, screaming, cursing all hours of the day. It never gets better. The managers are no where to be found. If you have an issue locating someone you can't get any help.

Very nice people

The people that I worked with were very nice. I worked in other stores and they also were very nice. The company itself is a great place to work. The incentives and the benefits are just spectacular. You feel very welcomed.

Pros

Feel very welcomed

Cons

Covid I lost my job

Great company

Amazing company to work for. The membership department is the best. Everyone is so supportive and they are all so helpful and understanding. Absolutely love working for AAA!!!!!!

Pros

Great management

Cons

None!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northeast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Northeast