AAA Washington

AAA Washington Employee Reviews

Very solid place to have a career

AAA Washington is a pretty great place to work, overall. Very respectful of family/personal time with generous PTO. Very flexible about working from home since pandemic began, on my team at least. Other benefits seems pretty good as well. Great culture - almost everybody is nice/friendly. Lots and lots of very long-tenured folks, which shows you that they value their employees and people like working there. The company also actually cares about its mission to help members, which makes you feel good about the work. We just hired a new CEO, so can't really comment on that impact, yet. Only negative is that, on certain (mostly corporate) teams, opportunity for advancement can be limited/tricky compared to huge employers with multiples of each role. (Also, people tend to stick around, like I said.) They do seem to like to promote from within pretty often, when roles do open up, though.

Pros

Work/life balance, Pto, benefits package overall, corporate culture, corporate mission

Cons

Somewhat limited opportunity for promotion/advancement, depending on your team/role

September 15, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are very fortunate to see 1 in 4 of our open positions filled with internal candidates, but we also recognize that there are areas of opportunity for us to continue to support our hard-working team members such as yourself. AAA Washington is fortunate to have great employees that contribute to our positive company culture and mission.

There are not enough service providers to help members

Telling members they have to call back later or pay and apply is poor customer service. Also making customers wait 3 or more hours for a service provider is unacceptable.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Not enough Service Providers to help members

January 24, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We agree that 3 hour wait times are too long and not having tow trucks immediately available for members is not up to our standard. We have been actively working on getting as many new providers and our own internal fleet drivers as we can. There are many reasons why we have such challenges in this area and recognize it can be hard to share a negative message with members who we are here to serve. We appreciate all you did for our members during your time with us!

Best dead end job will ever have

Spent 5 years working as a Fleet Technician. Personally, I loved everything about the job. I came in with many years of management experience under my belt but little in the way of automotive experience. I was advised to apply for a job at AAA from a friend of an at-the-time subordinate.Interviewing is quick and painless and requires some very base level knowledge and common sense. The following interviews are fairly straight forward.Training is fantastic and very hands on. You will spend little time in a classroom and most on the road in real world scenarios you will encounter on the job. I won't use names, but the people who are responsible for training you are top tier individuals both in knowledge and personality.My day to day duties are what you would expect based on the many AAA commercials you have no doubt heard or seen. We receive a call from a member with a particular vehicle issue, we respond to said call, we complete the necessary service request. That is obviously over simplifying it, but that is more or less what you do for 10 hours a day. Our shifts are 4 days 10 hours with plenty of overtime opportunities.Management are by far the best bosses I have ever had and genuinely care about the team. They will work with you on more or less anything so long as you put in the effort on your end.My only gripe about the experience is that advancement is basically non-existent. If you go into this job with the expectation of moving up in the company, unless you plan to be there for literally decades, don't count on it. Seniority plays a major role in how and who -

September 15, 2021
Hello! Our Fleet drivers are the heart of our business - thank you for your feedback. We are committed to providing opportunities for our internal heroes and currently 1 in every 4 positions are filled with an internal applicant. We are always looking for ways to open up more opportunities for our team members and will continue to do so. Please keep your eyes on our career center and please don't hesistate to reach out to any business line leader with a role you are interested in to learn more.

Great benefits and you get to help people daily.

Choice of shifts between four tens or five eights. Set days off, don't have to worry about being on call. Various locations from Lake City to Renton. Outstanding benefits. Unfortunately since they are shorthanded, you're usually running your whole shift, staying late. If you need help with a call backup may take a little while to meet you.

Pros

Set hours, days off. Benefits / PTO

Cons

Long days, running behind on calls.

August 6, 2021
Our Fleet drivers are the heart of our business - thank you for your feedback. The role of a Fleet driver is so unique, as you are on the frontlines serving our members. Thank you for the time you spent being a roadside hero with us at AAA!

loved it all

i loved everything about it. I wish my position wasnt removed in a restructure but AAA still took care of me and we parted on great terms. The benefits and culture are amazing, the raises could use work but it could be argued the benefits outweigh the pay.

August 6, 2021
The team at AAA Washington works very hard to ensure we are leading the way with offering an excellent benefits package - including accrued PTO. We are so happy you enjoyed your time here at AAA Washington. Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review!

A company that stands behind their employees and the benefits are a+ management is caring and understanding with whatever you have going on in your life

August 6, 2021
The team here at AAA Washington prides themselves on hiring the best people - we are happy to hear you loved working with us! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Great company, great guiding principles and mission, great people

I really enjoy working at AAA. More slower paced so if you are looking for a faster pace, this may not be the place for you. Lots of learning opportunities offered by corporate via training initiatives but not so much from leadership or direct departments. Pay is fair but not great. Good benefits. Great people.

Pros

People, benefits

Cons

Pay, slow pace

August 6, 2021
Greetings! We have made a significant investment in our Learning and Development over the last few years and are glad to know that you have found the different training opportunities valuable. We really appreciate your candidness and take all feedback we receive seriously. Thank you for being a part of our AAA Washington family!

Great place to work!

AAA Washington's leadership team showed us what it means to work for this organization when the pandemic hit. It put the health and safety of its employees first, did everything it could to keep employees working, kept benefits whole for those who had decreased schedules, and quickly and efficiently got people working from home or, for those who had to remain in the field, implemented policies to keep them healthy. AAA has a very strong culture around its guiding principles: members lead the way, provide value for our members, be a great place to work, act today to serve members tomorrow and WE CARE! I also love how active AAA is in the community and how much it gives back.

Pros

Benefits are superb! Very generous PTO! Great people! Remote work options.

Cons

Fairly small organization, so not a ton of advancement opportunity, but AAA finds other ways to invest in your professional development and give you opportunities.

May 26, 2021
Thank you for your review. Our organization, just like others, faced some unique challenges this past year navigating through the pandemic but everyone stepped up to the plate and made the necessary changes and transitions with ease and grace. Our employees did an amazing job navigating new norms and many did so while also adjusting to new norms at home. Our people are truly what makes AAA Washington a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to lead following our Guiding Principles.

Slow, painful death by dysfunctional culture

A low-risk mentality and culture where employees are focused on protecting turf and not on the overall growth or success of the company. Low risk means low change which means job security unless you are innovative and growth-minded then you will threaten leadership and employees. A severe lack of innovation will eventually result in the demise of AAA.

Pros

Life work balance, fair to good pay

Cons

Culture, silos, politics

April 27, 2021
I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience during your time with us. We are always looking for ways to ensure we are thinking with an innovative mindset, and we regret that we missed the mark during your time here. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

No growth and not friendly

Not a good place to work they tell you they will help you and theres change of growth but theres not they hire outside people for jobs people that already work there could be moved up in to. There medical leave sucks and the leadership is non existent for the most part.

Pros

Free aaa service

Cons

Everything else about the job

April 27, 2021
We appreciate your willingness to provide feedback on your experience with us. We are very fortunate to see 1 in 4 of our open positions filled with internal candidates, but we also recognize that there are areas of opportunity for us to continue to support our hard-working team members. We work hard to ensure every employee's leave needs are being met within all legal parameters , we are sorry to hear we missed the mark on this while you were part of our team. We will continue to engage in open communications with our leave management vendors to ensure our employees are being given the best service.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAA Washington?

a good company to work for

AAA is a well-established organization with a solid reputation. The company provides paid training for new employees and follow-up training, as needed. It offers competitive pay and benefits, job security. and opportunities to learn and grow,

April 27, 2021
Thank you for your glowing review. We are excited to be able to offer so many outstanding benefits including paid training to our employees. It is always exciting to see internal growth and internal promotion opportunities - we are happy that you are able to grow with us! Thank you for being a part of the AAA Washington team!

Not good

They seem nice and understanding at the beginning. But once you are out of training the real company shows. They also punish you for taking sick days even if you are sick. You cannot advance or get raises if you have taken more than 1 sick day in 6 months.

Pros

Good PTO and Paid Holidays

Cons

Expensive healthcare plans, not allowed to take sick time, not supportive

May 26, 2021
Being that our Customer Service Unit is a call center, unplanned absences do put a burden on colleagues during high-call volumes. This is why we do have attendance guidelines that we adhere to. These guidelines are usually shared with you during the beginning of your employment. Per our handbook, employees are eligible to apply for posted positions after they’ve been in their current position for a minimum of six months and in good standing with AAA. Good standing is defined as not being on a Final Warning. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Don't work under Mark

He will lie to your face and single you out even if you have done nothing. He is rascist and does not care what happens to you. He made me feel afraid to come to work I dreaded it every time until finally I stopped coming. He always had something to say whether you did wrong or not. If you reported it to HR it didn't matter he would go above and beyond to make sure you lose.

Pros

gym, snack shop, lunch room, pay

Cons

unethical, unfriendly, threatening

April 27, 2021
I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience during your time with us. The concerns you have brought up are disturbing and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss them more in depth to ensure they are addressed appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to our HR department at HRDept@aaawa.com. If you would feel more comfortable reaching out to our Ethics Hotline, we would be happy to provide that information to you. We appreciate your candor, and will continue to offer training opportunities to our teams to make sure we correct these mistakes.

90% es buena la empresa de A.A.A

El trabajo es fácil pero aveses los despachadores te lo asen difícil porque no te coordinan las llamadas y te asen manejar demasiado diciéndote eres el único que ay no tengo a nadie más y si no hases la llamada no tedan llamadas asta por más de una hora

April 27, 2021
Our Fleet drivers are the heart of our business - thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The role of a Fleet driver is so unique, as you are on the frontlines serving our members. Open communication and setting proper expectations is important to our leadership team, and we will continue to encourage our leadership team, for all departments, to ensure our employees are respectful and professional with one another across business lines. "We Care" isn't just one of our Guiding Principles, it's who we are as an organization.

Negative corporate culture

Staff is mean. Staff members steal from coworkers and management does nothing. Some Supervisors are micromanagers. No opportunity to advance or get promoted. Work is BORING!

May 26, 2021
I am really sorry that we missed the mark during your time with us. Ensuring a Respectful Workplace is one of our top priorities. AAA Washington prides itself on providing growth opportunities to our employees. In fact, 1 in every 4 filled positions are internal employees that are promoted. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Easy going environment and friendly co-workers

A typical day was fairly relaxed where I was located at. I'd help the customers who came into the office and give them trip advice or help map out their road itinerary. I also did training's in the office when we were slow. These training's helped further my education on the travel industry and in return use it to help my customers.

This company really helps employees

They really care for us. They give us many benefits. They put us up in a hotel for snow days. They provide food. The insurance is superb. I am overall happy at this job.

April 27, 2021
Greetings! Thank you for your wonderful review. I am excited to know that you value our amazing benefits and the care we provide for our employees. After all, We Care is one of our guiding principles! Thank you for being a part of the AAA Washington family!

Solid office work environment

The office environment is very relaxed, but professional. Staff is all very friendly and there is a lack of drama in the atmosphere. Everyone sticks to their own tasks, but is always willing to help out if needed.

April 27, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We are so happy that you found AAA Washington a great place to work. We appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to serving you and your family in the future!

fun and productive

Excellent management and team work, I enjoy working with people and challenge and assist members on the road failure enjoy dispatching and use of computer technology

April 27, 2021
Hello! Thank you for your review. The team here at AAA Washington prides themselves on hiring the best people - from frontline employees to our CEO! We are happy to hear you love working with us! Did you know we just launched a new version of AAAWA.com? We have recently added information about THRIVE to enhance your employee experience. We hope you share your experience with your friends and family!

Not as Advertised

They draw you in and make you think your important and everyone is welcome and included. As the layers begin to peel you will see it is not what it seems. Trainer is manipulative and power hungry also she can’t take being wrong. Company will go with seniority no matter if the senior person is wrong and all they will still chose them.

May 26, 2021
We are sorry to hear we missed the mark with ensuring you had a good experience during your tenure with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

They need to work on work life balance.

There is no work life balance with AAA. They also need to focus on better training so new employees don't get frustrated. Most of the people are friendly.

May 26, 2021
We agree – AAA Washingtons greatest asset is the people we work with! During the last few years, we have really focused on providing learning & development opportunities to all employees, including leadership, throughout the organization and have also recently implemented a new learning & development tool. Our goal is to aid our organization in continuing to be innovative problem-solvers for the future. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Washington. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Washington