AACRES

Working at AACRES: 9 AACRES Reviews

Literally the WORST company I've ever worked for

I'll never go back and work for a place that pratically neglects their clients. You're not actually hired to help your clients. You're hired to babysit

No respect for employees, little care for clients

Full time, and at times FORCED overtime if your replacement did not come. For those that wanted overtime, they were often limited in how much extra they could take---even when extremely understaffed. Long (paid) training period and promise of extra training for 'tough' clients, but additional training never happened. Often led to improper care for those clients. Many were allowed to fall back into bad habits because of this and made the care situation more stressful for everyone.Would shift employees around without notice, contributing to the situation above and also forcing clients away from caretakers they had become comfortable with.Managers completely ignored the availability and general area I personally said I could work with, then would be belligerent when problems arose because of this. Were very disrespectful to me and my time, but still attempted to guilt-trip me out of quitting.I can only attest to my personal treatment being poor, but many of my coworkers related similar disrespect from the managers.

Pros

Good coworkers, "Easy" work depending on the client, Good trainers

Cons

Insufficient training, Extremely poor management

Exhausting

This place will work you to the bone if you allow them to. Under staffed but plenty of opportunity for OT.

Way below average

This company is the laughing stock of assisted living programs for clients with disabilities. The management constantly finds a way to make clients and DSP’s feel consistently unappreciated. Their procedures for a Covid-19 were non existent until clients started to literally die. And the compensation for staff is deplorable. If you’re thinking of working here there are many on other companies that are far superior. Avoid this place.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, bullying, unethical practices

Poor management!

Aacres wasn’t a pleasant experience for me. Didn’t have a stable position and was moved around constantly. They weren’t trying to work with any of my simple request. Also the Management was rude to me and many other associates. Do not recommend!

Not a good company, limitation is a key factor as well as short staffing

Hard to deal with the work, limitation is a key factor. It’s ran very poorly and is often time difficult to deal with as well as difficult to get ahold of supervisors

Pros

Social skills

Cons

Overworked

don't do it.

The company hasn't been shut down by the state yet, I have no idea how or why. The clients are treated like animals, the DSP's range from barely human to amazing, with no consistency. They hire people for jobs but train them for other jobs and there is literally no balance.

Pros

great pay

Cons

watching human beings be treated like animals

take the good with the bad

It is what it is. Very thankful for the opportunity. But over the last 5 years there has been way too much turnover. Corporate doesn't listen. People seem to be set up for failure. Staff in homes and in the local offices are wonderful hard workers!! The people served are the BEST!

Pros

amazing people!!

Cons

horrible benefits, disconnect between corporate and site locations

Decent place to work

Decent place to work but lacks opportunities for development as well as the support and technology one needs to do their job well. The agency is expanding although no one really understands where we are going, what the expectations are, or what the next steps will be. Management seems to use a style that emphasizees control and punishment more than building teams and motivation to succeed; but then again, without the support and technology these would be hard to use anyway. The work is challenging due to the clients we work with and is made even that much more challenging by the culture. Current mangement is unlikely to have the skills to bring the company to using more efficient practices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AACRES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AACRES