AAFEES

AAFEES Employee Reviews

Productive work day

This was my first job and it was a really good one. We stayed busy most days and I could always find something to do and I also felt comfortable working here. I left because customers and management but hey it’s bad customers and management everywhere.

Pros

Employee discount, Holiday pay

Cons

Rude military customers

Productive and fun

Loved working here, meeting new people. It was fun job. Small family style store where everyone was close and had each others back, team effort. I would go back if given the chance. Miss the laughs, the people, friends.

Pros

Pay and the people

Cons

Forced out

Good place to work. Sometimes bad hours.

Good place to work. One downfall is hours can be cut. They are flexible with scheduling and life events which is nice. Half the management seems to care and the other half doesn’t.

Pros

Half off lunches

Good management

Not much pay but benefits were outstanding.In order to be promoted you had to go tdy. Back in the 90's it was either 6 months in Bosina or 18 months in Greenland. If you had small kids it was almost impossible to be promoted.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Could not advance

Decent , Stable company

Decent stable company. Not too stressful but low pay. Good team. The company is stable and the benefits are good. Retirement plans are one of the biggest reasons people tend to stay for the long term.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Low pay.

Benefits

Good Job! Teamwork really stood out and got us through the day. It's a great place to work where everyone gets along with everyone. Diverse cultures were hired and that made work interesting getting to know other coworkers of diverse cultures.

Pros

Teamwork

Simple

Very simple & fun job to learn. Loved the people I worked with. It did get busy during pay day on the military base but other than that, the pay is pretty good and always kept money in my pockets

God awful

This job was horrible. They had benefits but no pto or any time that you could use for appointments and stuff like that. The management was awful, will write you up in the first month if you don’t learn quickly. Coworkers were nice to an extent but that’s all I can really say that is nice.

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Ok place to work

This place has no growth. Was told we get a raise st 6 months then on your anniversary. It didnt happen. I was to get one in August and had to email and tell HR almost every month with no response and they finally gave it to me in January when I cc the GM. They didn't gave me any of my back pay for it. Applied for multiple PT postions and was basically told by HR they normally don't give PT positions to military spouses because we don't need the benefits.

Pros

Cons

Dont give you your breaks

It’s a job

When working for AAFES you have a job and paycheck. It’s not much more then that. The people you work with are what make this job. If you are good co-workers it’s not bad.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAFEES?

Can be fun and very productive and educational.

Aafes is a company that is all about who you know. They'll give any one a management position and won't do anything about problems others are having with that manager. This company responded horribly to both covid and the snow storm and overall do not care about the workers safety. There are only a small group of good managers that care about the associates in that company, but the person above them is always horrible. The customers are rude, and try to fight high school workers because the line to order is long, the managers expect their supervisors to know everything about the store when they know nothing themselves, overall its a lazy, under paying job. And expect to either work for free or get worked out of category.

Pros

The health care is excellent.

Cons

short breaks, no overtime, often worked off the clock, bad management, rude customers, break food is half off.

It was ok

It is a good stepping stone, but I'm not sure if this can be a good future career. Training was alright. They make sure you are updated with companies new polices and stuff but it is physically demanding and you have to meet certain point with sales what the company want to reach.

Pros

Good training and somewhat flexible schedule

Cons

Pay and benefits could be better

Easy job. Not much pay or benefits

The job itself is good, had great co workers. Management lacked. They didn't care who did most the work just asking as it was don't. There was a lot of unfairness

Pros

Easy

Cons

Poor pay. No advancement

Interesting

You see I didn’t have the best experience but I didn’t have my worst let me explain so job it self was kinda boring to me and they don’t treat like family

Blah

Pure misery, the employees as well as management show NO RESPECT. I was a supervisor and didn’t receive the respect that I deserved. AAFES isn’t the company for me. Wouldn’t recommend.

Pros

Money

Cons

You have to switch your brain off to complete the job.

Very bad environment. Filled with judgements, drama and hatred. They work you to death and never say thanks or even smile at you. No place for diversity or creativity. You’re just a robot.

Pros

Cons

Hateful people

Cool place to work but hot in the summer

Easy jobs. Common sense. Good co workers. The pay is okay. Better that the main store. You also have to help out on the registers. Make packages for the quantine soilders.

Pros

The pay

Good Intentions Poor Execution

AAFEES overall has good intentions and helps work with and take of employees. However the overall staff management is a mess (at least in Fort Bragg Branch) so expect to have manpower issues.

Pros

Tries its best to take care of employees

Cons

Poor managment will result in low hours and understaffed stores

Waste of time

Worked there for over a year as a INT. First job I had. DO NOT WORK AS AN INT. No Benefits. LITTLE PAY FOR THE SAME WORK. Applied for a RPT position and got declined for someone with “more experience”. Who ended up having none. They choose people to work there based on THEIR opinion of you. (BASIS) It’s a joke. They use you as a puppet as a INT. If you want a good first job this is a good one but as a regular part time NOT INT. But if you have bills to pay or college etc, you’re gonna struggle with this job. Please I’m telling you do not work as an INT. If you have a life and stuff to pay for, DO NOT DO IT.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

No promotions. Little pay for the same work as everyone.

Poor

GM had poor skills to manage employees and never had the schedule right . Management had favorited certain employees and gave them more hours then others .

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

Poor management

Not a smart move if you are the only income for your family

If you want to get ahead in life this job not the one. Been with the company for almost ten years and still stuck at part time. They only like to hire intermittent or part time hours. And as a part time employee they only have to give you 20 a week.

Cons

20 hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAFEES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAFEES
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?