AAK

AAK Reviews: Working at AAK

It a ok job

Good place to work... Great location if u live downtown Louisville... Good hours... Ok training... Good staff to work with... Lots of hard work and overtime

uma excelente empresa

Sem palavras para descrever a empresa uma empresa Boa

Pros

levavam marmita

Cons

Não

Inmates run the jail

Management handles issues very unprofessionally. They will run with what operator tell them without investigating or getting the shift leader's side of the story.

Pros

Cons

Name it.

Low morale and degrading environment

The employees are cool for the most part, the management team feels like they’re superior to the hourly employees, operators, maintenance and temp agency employees. I have never been anywhere where they refuse to provide proper training, mentoring and on the job training, you’re literally thrown to the wolves then micromanaged if you’re not drinking the companies koolaid and acting like it’s the best job and you should be grateful to work for them. The environment is one of a lot of smiling in the face and smooching to get noticed. Even when it is down time and slow management is walking around to make sure you’re doing something even if you’re acting like you’re doing something when there’s nothing to do just to go back to the office and tell higher ups you’ll are doing something. I met a lot of cool people there but there morale and mentality was one of defeat and low self-worth due to management making them feel inadequate.

Pros

Donuts and bagels on fridays, contract with Cintas kept uniforms fresh and clean.

Cons

Micromanaging, miserable culture, low morale, no training.

Horrible place to work ar no time off people play the blame game mangement doesnt care place is disgusting from top to bottom anf cant in any possible way follow even the basic gmp rules

Stay away from this place like the plage

Worst place I have ever worked. Was there for 4 months as a Maintenance Technician. Management has no clue on how to operate production equipment. What makes it worse when something goes down they will try to fix it themselves even though they don't have a clue. Then when they make it worse they call maintenance. I have literally seen managers go to a machine that is down with 25 buttons on it and just start pushing the buttons to see if they can get the unit running by some miricle.

Not Professional

This company have no care for safety, cleanliness, or basic engineering principles. Seasoned employees make culture... For the company to be located near downtown, but very 1950’s like atmosphere and feel... Not diverse friendly...

Lack of safety

While working for this company i heard their production manager call employees pregnant wives nasty names. I heard the safety coordinator laugh at serious safety concerns and workplace retaliation was common if HR was notified of an incident. They removed the labor law signs becuase it was "giving people a bad idea" a direct quote from their production manager. Several complaints were made to corporate without any improvement.

Pros

The lab people were kind professional and loyal.

Cons

management outside of the lab was poor and rude

Hardworking Environment

The work wasn't challenging just very tedious. It was a lot of team building, helping each other on different projects around the oil plant. Managers were very helpful

This is a very good company with great pay and benefits. The managers are nice and are open to suggestions on how to make the company better for the employees.

Horrible workplace

They lie and tell you 3rd shift works from Sun night until Fri morning. They actually work Mon night/Tuesday morning until Sat night/Sun morning so basically they work a 6 day work week but they mask the reasons why they work 6 days with lies such as, we need to build inventory, or customer priority or the most common one, we don't have any oil. They make palm oil flakes from palm oil. The other thing is they are very anti-American. When I was there all 3 production shifts have very few Americans and they had mostly Spanish speaking people, people from African countries and some Middle eastern people. Third shift for some odd reason had mostly African-Americans and I suspect that's because they shut down at the end of the week so they have the Black people doing the dirty jobs. Experience and knowledge means nothing to these people as they hire managers who are clueless as to how the basic process works in regards to the oil process. I do not recommend this place at all especially if you value family time, weekends off ect because they basically work every Saturday all year long.

Excellent place to work

The office was an exceptional place to work. The environment was extremely professional, however also able to relate to customers from all walks of life. The director is an outstanding lawyer with exemplary work ethic, knowledge and respect for all customers and all whom worked alongside her.

Pros

The entire work environment

I hated it.

The pay was GREAT. Other than that, I was miserable. They lied to you and told u if u work so many days you would het a holiday or weekend off and EVERY TIME it NEVER happened. Six days a week was pretty much the norm. Management was horrible. Not too mention there's not many jobs so your pretty much stuck where u are for awhile.

Uma empresa boa para trabalhar, com otimos beneficios

Boa empresa para trabalhar, porém precisa de melhores gestores. Uma empresa nova com muitas possiblidades de crescimento no mercado

Pros

Beneficios

Cons

Gestão em aprimoramento

Aceptable

Empresa Responsable, compremetida con su medio ambien de igual manera con sus trabajadores.

Pros

Empresa en crecimiento

Cons

Muy pocas oportunidades de crecimiento laboral

Face paced maintenance facility

Fast paced work environment. Maintenance mechanics here are constantly busy working on various different assignments, projects or inspections all day.

good and well run

AAK is good cos there make you feel good by complicating you if your doing a good job or not and there make you feel welcome on your first day and the food there is nice to

Save yourself

I have only been there 3 months and could see the back stabbing and manipulating from day 2. No communication, never a set schedule, and family is not a consideration in less you are office staff. Too many people thinking they should run the shift instead of doing their own jobs.

Cons

No family time, never know ot until last minute

great pay and easy jump start for eager people

AAK Louisville in currently in the middle of reorganizing the Louisville plant. Because it's a Union Shop, it's Great place for production employees to learn and grow in the Food Manufacturing.

Pros

Decent pay. OK Insurance benefits. Long training periods.

Cons

no set schedule. long hours. dangerous work.

Workload and Perks Not as Advertised

One of the best superiors that I have have in my professional life. The company could take care of employees better. Examples, they have advertised to all new employees that they will give you the tools and equipment to work successfully at home, but you are never afforded the opportunity, unless sick or injured. Does not empower employees in a manner by which it would be beneficial. Made changes to the insurance and health care plan that were not communicated to the employees (because they were reductions in benefits). Made it not possible for employees to get re-imbursed for personal losses encountered by a theft on a work trip. Seem to be more concerned with the bottom line, at the expense of the employees.

Ok

Ok People just have to not be erky when question are be asked. I love working with the Doctors. I have learn a lot while working their. It has its days. Some are better then other. It depends on what day the doctor is having.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAK