AAMCI

Working at AAMCI: Latest AAMCI Reviews

Productive and enjoyable

Great teammates always willing to help each other. Upper management willing to listen and assist with any obstacles in your path. Overall a great company to work for.

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

Cons

The commute

Racism and sexism abound.

Low pay for long days working in an unhappy environment. Dealing with the angry tenants because things don't get fixed right or because they have issues with the management team is disheartening.

Extraordinary Leadership and Camaraderie!

AAMCI primary focus is providing affordable housing for families and individuals with an emphasis on serving smaller and rural communities. The communities are well maintained & preventative maintenance is key to providing safe, comfortable housing while increasing our residents satisfaction. My tenure at my company has been outstanding. The support we are given for our job functions is beyond measure to give us the tools we need to be successful. The employment compensation for manager positions is excellent and the benefits package is well rounded. I am very happy to be a part of AAMCI - a company that values it employees and provides a work culture you can thrive in!

Pros

Excellent compensation, Work/life balance, Employee support

Cons

Provide more healtchare insurance choices

Employees matter

AAMCI has always been a great company to work for but with the past year's changes and the direction the company is taking, AAMCI is now an AWESOME company to work with. Yes, I said with because you are not treated as an employee but instead as an important member of a team. My RPM and dedicated support person are always there to help me anytime I need and always make me feel like my opinion matters and is valued. They've recently added dedicated support persons specifically for maintenance too. So no matter if you are a janitor, maintenance tech, leasing agent, manager or anything in between, there are people dedicated specifically to your property to help you with all of your needs and questions. After working with other managment companies in the past, I cannot see myself anywhere else but with AAMCI. If you get the oppertunity to work for this company, do not pass it up because you will be missing out on being a part of an awesome team.

Pros

Great support and team atmosphere

Family Oriented, Friendly and Flexible Work Environment

Everyone is very friendly, and they really focus on family. I never had a problem taking time off for anything I needed. When I started we worked in an office, but they went remote during the pandemic. It was a very good transition and they provided everything I needed. We had weekly team meetings to keep in contact and make sure things were running smoothly.

Good company needs improvement

Good company to work for, could improve in a few areas. Most companies offer bonuses this company does not. In house training is good. They take managers on a yearly meeting and will pay for SAHMA trainings.

Pros

Manager meeting, training

Cons

Benefits, bonuses

They take care of their residents.

Loved working for Gulf Mist in Gulfport. Managers were awesome, no nonsense women. Dealt with the tenants fairly. Work was consistent. I would definitely work there again if given the opportunity.

Not an easy company to work for

The pay is good, however, there is no help for assistance. You may have so many late calls at night that sometimes you wont get enough rest, even if the task can wait till the next day

Maintenace Supervisor

● Work-life balanceLot of hard work,very little if any support● Pay & benefitsBenefits i.e. insurance terrible over priced and very high deductable● Job security and advancementNo advancement opportunities Very high turnover rate, then you will be working along for months● ManagementMangement is a joke, office staff are not aware of fair housing laws and regulations. Office staff supervises all maintenace staff including Maintenace Supervisor they idea what maintenace is. Maintenance employees are treated as second rate employees● CultureIf you are a good reliable maintenace professional who cares and takes pride in your work this JOB IS NOT FOR YOU● OverallThe maintenace staff is treated as second rate employees, your opiniond are ingnored, and your experience has a maintenace professional is not wanted or needed by Mangement. Office staff comes to work when they want and leave when they want.

Horrifying

Horrifying! Would not recommend working for or renting from! The lack of respect is unbelievable! You get talked down to. Treated like gum off the bottom of a shoe. The regional manager even told a manger she was “f-ing stupid”. People told me that job sucked the life out of me! It wasn’t my job it’s who I worked for!

Very casual work environment

Very busy work environment, Very laid back. Learned a lot of new skills. Hardest part of the job is being responsible for 10+ properties and all the things that go with it.

Great Family Work Enviroment

At AAMCI its a small company with a great family feel. An awesome place to be employed. I am so glad to be apart of this company and I am great-full for the experience.

Not a great place to work.

AAMCI was brought in to manage day to day operations. They assured all of us no jobs were going to be cut as each property only had two employees, one groundskeeper and one maintenance person. AAMCI then proceeded to fire the groundskeepers, the day before all benefits would start, with the idea the maintenance person would then do both jobs with no increase in compensation.

Pros

Relaxed environment

Cons

Maintenance is on call 24/7/365

Fun

Best job I ever had great managers work there taught me everything I needed to know very helpful the reason I chose to stay in this field of work they made it easy for me

Aamci

Love AAMCI it was my second management company the I did work for the. Around 3 1/2 years. They need a better follow up on auditing maintenance and managers. A Maintenance director will be awesome to prevent late of training and lack of preventive maintenance.

Pros

Easy maintenance

Cons

Poor upper management

Under staffed

Property is under staffed, no support for the office staff from Upper Management. Refuse to put money into the property to make it better (all residents deserve a nice lean safe environment) Property needed security but Home Office refuse to authorize. When something goes wrong, Home Office spends a lot of time blaming instead of fixing the issue. Never want to pay for the hard work put in. no I

No support when needed for regional

Was thrown into a property as the manager. On start date was told old manager has no idea that she was being fired. I was told by the regional just act like I'm there to help. I had to tell the old .manager I was hired as the new manager. Very cut throat.

Not a good experience

Being honest will get you fired. Regional did not have knowledge of the property I was employed at. Maintenance was stealing time and spending owners money as if it was his own. Some of the staff that was hired had no experience but wanted to run the office, left a threatening note to management saying watch your back, because she lack the knowledge and experience and used everything in her power to get people fired. Maybe working under a different Regional my experience would have been better.

Workked there a little over a year. Put in low to get the job was guaranteed a raise after 90 days busted my throgh out those 90 days. By then my

When i started there was 5 guys in the maintenance department after i was hired full time it was only me doing the work of 5 guys they had one guy that floated between two properties but he was absolutely worthless. Even when he was there i never saw him. Something about this company the more worthless u arethe more secure your job is. I finally figured it out i just worked and tried to hard. I should have just been worthless.. i probably would have got a raise and promoted. But i don't wor k like that i take pride im my work. I took care of the pool all last summer on top of doing the work of 5 guys, even told me that i had the cleanest pool they had ever seen. They the first visit all pools are usually clean. But never on tjier third and fourth visit mine was perfect every time I was off for one week. 1 week last summer amthe pool got shut down. Also the week i was gone they brought in 4 or 5 people to cover for me. Now u tell me what is wrong with this company. Finally after one year they gave me a 24cent raise cheap couldn't even give me a quarter. Come to find out they were hiring new guys in finally but here's the real kick in the they were paying the new guys more than they were paying me. So if u are totally worthless and u really don't care about the company u work for. Then this would be the perfect job for u . But if your like me and take pride in your job then your to good to work there just keep on going.

Great management

I have worked for the company twice and I have no complaints. I have always been treated with respect. AAMCI is a great company to work for and I would recommend to anyone.

support

This management company doesn't support employees or residence, it is bottom dollar only. Low income people are treated with no respect. Managers aren't able to do anything, corporate makes all decisions and then blames employees when something goes wrong. They don't manage their business very well.

Pros

Good enifits

Cons

You train yourself and not any support or backup.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAMCI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAMCI
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?