Academy of Music

Academy of Music Employee Reviews

Excellent place to learn music!

In a typical work day many students attend: different technical levels, musical interests, ages, and especially different personalities. Everyone is eager to learn and enjoy music. As a violin teacher in this place: I have improved my teaching method especially by understanding the emotions and interests of the students, as well as which teaching dynamics works best with each of the students. The management is wonderful, I have always thought that the director of the institution and all his administrative team do a remarkable job, because they care so much about the well-being of the teachers, students and parents. I agree 100% with the working philosophy of the institution, where there is a good balance between the student's musical growth and the action of enjoying while learning music. For me (I don't know about the other teachers) the hardest part for me is driving from home to work, but it's only because I live far away (1 hour from Oakville and 1 hour from Georgetown). But despite this, it is worth the effort because I really enjoy the work. And this is my particular case, maybe if I lived closer I wouldn't have this situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is when students smile because they have made progress in a lesson or a musical goal and express satisfaction with learning music.

Pros

many students

Cons

nothing

Great place for motivated people

Working here means working as a team to make sure the school does as well as possible. There are always goals in place to work towards and you are rewarded well for achieving those goals. If you are motivated and willing to put your heart into this job to make it the best experience for the students and their families, you will do well. Team work is important and everyone plays their own roles and we work together as a team. The teachers are also very focused on making the best experience for their students and really take pride in their work. Overall, environment between the team is positive and the families served are wonderful. Very fulfilling watching the students succeed.

Pros

Good pay, work life balance

Excellent Work Environment

A great balance of computer, telephone, paper and in person tasks. Being employed at the Academy of Music the director, teachers and staff work together to make positive environment for all. The director is very understanding. He is constantly focused on exploring new ways to make his business the best it can be. He is supportive of achievements, sympathizes when unforeseen circumstances arise and recognizes teachers and staff for their good work. The Academy of Music is very accommodating to hours that work best for you both.

I have learned a lot

I have learned a lot since I have worked at the Academy of Music for almost 9 years now. I love teaching. I think that the hardest part was not being acknowledged for the hard work that I do.

Kids and Teachers are great

The location is not well centralized, but the kids and parents are fantastic. Teachers always smiling and happy. The drawback is there isn't a lot of place to move up within the company and the director is overbearing and micromanaging.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

director of the school overbearing, nothing you do is ever good enough

Productive and really fun place to work

Great set of teachers and managers Everyone is really friendly Wonderful opportunity to interact with lots of different people and children Great place for people who love to work around kids

Pros

Great management and people

Receptionist

Fun places to work with room for growth and improvement. Easy to talk to supervisors, laid back environment and non-judgmental. Colleagues are friendly and easy to work with.

Great workplace!

Flexible hours fit to your schedule. Management is excellent. Gained teaching skills and interpersonal skills. Most enjoyable part of the job is to see students grow and gain skill in music.

Very friendly atmosphere

The general feel is that of a rather close family. It is all about a sense of inclusiveness and the people are very nice. The students are excellent and they are very intelligent.

Productive and fun work place

Its a dun and exciting place to work. You get to meet new people everyday , not to mention all the awesome broadway shows you get paid to work and watch that come to Philadelphia

Pros

Flexible hours, voucher lunches, and and great atmosphere

Cons

No health care, lack of hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Academy of Music?

Great teachers ,very helpful

I would go in and sit in on the classes like the students.I learned that its what I want to do after im done school.I did not find anything hard I enjoyed it .The most enjoyable part was playing with the students.

Pros

free tea and biscuits.

Cons

cant complain

Fun workplace and good pay

- love dealing with parents - very nice and friendly management - hardest was dealing with complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy of Music. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4