Air India

Air India Employee Reviews

India609 reviews

airindiaairaircraftairlineflightpassengeraviationcanteen

Full Time Pass!

Getting into Air India is difficult and getting out is more difficult than that. Some Executives and Managers are really great, but most are downright pathetic. HR is the most challenging place, but they have their reasons as well like everybody else.Overall a place meant for people with little to no ambition in life or career.

Pros

Work-Life Balance

Cons

Poor work conditions.

It’s a public service company

Company is good but not the top management. Politically influential people occupy top slots making difficult for the company to take action. Work culture is much lacking. Honesty was lacking among the senior executives. Junior and middle management is good and sustaining the company.

Pros

Medical care and free travel

Cons

Bad work culture

Air India insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

I Felt Proud To Work In Air India

I would like to say good to work in Air India,they gave lot of training, and proudly say working with uniform department, they should focus staff welfare and salary increment depends upon experience and will give a promotion also, otherwise Air India will lose most experience employee.

productive and learning

The work culture is good in the company.Its the one of the best place to learn and get on-hand experience on the equipment and components.People are also very supportive in air india.

It was a real challange

I was enjoying the job which made me think alternative. The demands of International claints and vvip claints are very challangin. Enjoyed my 33 years. Certain job details can not be shared due government security reasons.

Pros

Free medical

Cons

Goverment red tapes

Vast experience gained.

Family atmosphere but fast paced and transferable job especially in Commercial Department. Get to travel a lot, see the country if not world. Memorable moments during job tenure.

Productive, learn more in details through visual examination

Good experience, canteen food needs to improve in quality and tasty (exponentially for lunch). So many unused or distorted places are still not recovered. Work space system needs to upgrade (Desktop, chairs and all).

No growth

You will not grow here, Management is very rude.No helping nature in this company.They will make you work hard but will never raise your salary.Avoid if you can.I hope TATA changes this company work environment.

Productive and result oriented

Need complete involvement & Absolute Dedication.Manage with minimum resource & work forceModerate dedication is the present culture.Managing projects with minimum funds.Delivering the job in spite of restraints.

Pros

Salary paid in spite of tough financial position.

Cons

Delay in release of perks.

I am best performance

To be part of air line were I can utilize and apply best knowledge, technical skills which will helpful for air line india for fulfilling organizational goals

Pros

Ok

Cons

Ok

Fun place

I am working in fun place. I worked in airport as a friend and talk to the peoples friendly. I am fun and enjoying to the passengérs of the Airplane. Thank you

Pros

Free lunches

Workplace

So good to see the interviewer and thank you for this job and a good experience for me to work here management are job of this company and than you so much.

Pros

Free lectures

Productive & funworkplace at airindia

Very Good opportunity to start your career as a fresher. Safe and learning environment. Good Staff and Salary. Supportive seniorsMany people in this country is unemployed… definitely having a job in Airindia (govt.) is good. Actually Airindia needs needs new talent to interduce in. As it's an aviation industry so you need to get ready to work in a rotational shifts it may be anytime between 24*7 ! Talking about the working environment in Airindia it is little bit complicated because it has a lot of old employees maximum of them are very talented and should be learnt from them. But the old culture of it regret you to give your 100%. As it is a 24*7 service and the number of guests or passengers are very high so sometimes it becomes hectic to serve %. As we are talking about our national carrier so definitely you will feel pride to being with airindia. Airindia doesn't change extra in any adverse condition whether other carriers does… I can write 100 more pages on this but in short working with Airindia is very satisfying. And in any job of the world there would be some problems challenges and opportunity too so it's your responsibility to make it best.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

They're given me free hand to work

I have joined as clerk of works on contract basis 1991 August to 1996 January for 4years,and then I have become regularised and posted as junior engineer in February 1996, after8 years first promotion and afterwards5 promotions till retirement as on may 2020.As it is also a government organisation, working culture is notdifficult

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Mechanical life, routine work

Very nice place

I feel that this place is beautiful and I pray that this place is always beautiful and even in this place everything is very beautiful and everybody want to see this type of place.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short hours

Be productive and objective oriented.

It is excellent experience, very challenging, dynamic responsibility. Being AME it is very much attractive job in your lifetime. It gives me global exposure for rest of life.

challanging workspace

it was challanging to work with at airindia.nice people from all over the country came here at airindia air transport services limited.cargo operation was fun to do with.

Pros

free tickets

Cons

long hours at winter

I was so much happy to work in Air India Air transport services limited. Good staff, environment good respect love and hard work.

I liked to work happily in Air India with good staff and learn new things daily from them ver cooperative and helpful. Meeting new staff daily taking immediate responsibility of work every time. Like Air India staff I have not got happiness from other companies where I worked. Air India staff never hurt me while working they used to help me on time. I loved spending time with doctors sister, pharmacist staff admin staff etc.

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

8:00 hrs

Selfish employees

Employees are less committed, less sincerity, self thinking and benefits only, poor management, chaotic coordination, seniority plays biggest role, always biased judgment, Makes juniors or new joins to work more and harassment. poor customer service, most of the staffs are not loyal, lazy and least bothered. But there are few who, cares , supports, and loyal to the company. but rest are, concerned about filling up their on pocket.

Pros

Free hotel stays in single rooms

Cons

less staff support and coordination

No fun at all. Need training to understand work which i never received

I learnt compliance,welfare. workplace is OK in terms of culture. Management should take interest in training young employees. No benefits like permanent employees and I was on 5 years contract. So differentiation between contract and permanent staff.

Pros

Big name on resume

Cons

NO proper support, all system of working, too much paper work

The people who working there are good nature

ASM sherpa one of the best managers of Air IndiaAnd its a pleasure for me that i worked under her leadership and also thanx TATA they support our government when they need and they fulfilled the requirements but now we need to be more smart comparing to other Airlunes we require more youngsters with good experience and smart mind agents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Air India with