Air India
Air India Employee Review

Bunch of babus

June 28, 2019
If you're in AI, you definitely must be connected. Typical babu/IAS attitude. Pilots earn their ranks not with their skill, aptitude, or hard work; but through other channels. Poor quality of copilots; all it takes is some connection to get in. Unfair work culture and poor ethics. Mostly about politics. Some of the pilots are alright, mostly from the senior IGRUA cadre. Absolutely unprofessional and dirty work environment. Poor standards and class. The quality has steadily been going down. Management is probably one of the worst in the industry, and the inhuman work practices only makes it worse. Definitely not worth it if you are a well-spoken, polished, hard working, and are a professional with officer like qualities. This place is mostly full of selfish hooligans who have only one thing on their mind - $$$. Not recommended! The benefits and entitlements are fine, but they're messing it up there too.
Pros
ID passages, Medical cover
Cons
Unhealthy work environment, uncouth and unprofessional attitude, company policies
June 4, 2019
Same roleSame location
Captain (Former Employee) - Mumbai, Maharashtra/Chennai/Calicut
Air India is a microcosm of India owned by the government. And therefore corrupt at every turn. Every sheet of toilet paper includes a payment to one MP or another. Their books, their real books I mean, have never seen the light of day. A more dysfunctional combination of intelligence, incompetence and intrigue all lathered over with an astonishing arrogance you will never find. I love the people. But one can only shake ones head at what they are up against.
Pros
Thinking.. a lot of the people are wonderful
Cons
Copilots whose expertise is limited to adding up their logbooks, Incompetent schedulers who are bullied by the local pilots, All scheduled on a piece of paper.
February 11, 2013
Same roleSame location
Captain (Current Employee) - Mumbai, MH
have learned a lot,looking for a different kind of experience,flying every time is exiting experience,
May 6, 2021
Same location
Administration Section in Medical Department on Contract Basis (Former Employee) - Mumbai, Maharashtra
I liked to work happily in Air India with good staff and learn new things daily from them ver cooperative and helpful. Meeting new staff daily taking immediate responsibility of work every time. Like Air India staff I have not got happiness from other companies where I worked. Air India staff never hurt me while working they used to help me on time. I loved spending time with doctors sister, pharmacist staff admin staff etc.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
8:00 hrs