Air India

Air India Employee Reviews in Mumbai, Maharashtra

I liked to work happily in Air India with good staff and learn new things daily from them ver cooperative and helpful. Meeting new staff daily taking immediate responsibility of work every time. Like Air India staff I have not got happiness from other companies where I worked. Air India staff never hurt me while working they used to help me on time. I loved spending time with doctors sister, pharmacist staff admin staff etc.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
8:00 hrs
Fun hands-on work almost every day as an engineering trainee, real-life projects with Boeing 747 and Airbus A320, on-site job location at the air deck, results and detail driven
i joined this oraganisation as Graduate engineer trainee. i got my first licence on Airbus A300 B2/B4 instrument systems. i was working in base maintenace at the beginning of my career, i learned alot while working in Airbus a300, i used to go on tst flights after heavy maintenance and it looked adventurous for me. you get real freedom to work at the end of the day results matter. the most enjoyable part of the job is while working in LINE maintenance environment you dont have a boss. you get your allotment of aircrafts and you are your own boss. that is pretty cool. i enjoyed the benefit of travelling in business class from the day one i joined this prestigious organisation and I love that part of travelling.
I learned about the various parts of the aircraft's engines and their functions and the maintenance and overhaul repair of the aircraft. i also learned a lot about the aircraft
Punctual Great Learning opportunity every day Management Daily Meetings / Review Friendly work culture Outstation monitor 65 Airlines Handling Great Experience
Pros
Good Learning
Cons
Nil
It was a travel job where I travelled vast amounts of time and learned so much about cultures and countries. Travel is the best educator. It pitches you up against varied people, unbelievable situations, once in a lifetime opportunities, inexplicable circumstances- all these add up to teach you priceless things about life, about people about our planet.
It is very large corporation, to know all the employees is impossible, as it is a ocean. Work culture is very good, people are more friendly, at job everyone work as team. Because it is government managed airline, decisions are hard to come by, meaning every thing works slowly at its own pace.
Pros
Too many benefits and perks
Cons
Promotions are given by seniority and deserving candidate is not considered
You have to face challenging customers but everyday there is something new to learn. There is no recognition or rewards for hardworking/outstanding performers.
Pros
opportunity to interact multi-cultural guests
Cons
Salary is not fair for the amount of pressure and work.
New colleagues everyday work in new environment meet different people everyday learn something new handle different situations travel different places and see the world
Pros
separate meals provided with different 5 star hotel stays for free
Cons
odd working hours
Depends on the individual, my type can fit in anywhere and make the most of it. A Good company. One can learn / teach and perform to the best if given a chance.
Pros
Learn a lot.
Cons
Laid back attitude.
Since flight operations are round the clock , we are subjected to odd hour call time. This generally involves a long flight, often over 10 hours or more. But there’s adequate rest with all facilities in 5 star hotels. The remuneration is pretty healthy,with company perks and other benefits like free Medicals and passages.
Pros
Free tickets and medicals
Cons
Jet lag, erratic work schedules
It was great experience for me to learn a practical knowledge. Air India has good employee to share there experience and also compatible with intern and other people.
Worked in Base Maintenance Department which involved quality and Part inspection of aircraft, repairing of composite material, lubrication of aircraft and worked in Cabin maintenance.
had a wonderful experience in my ten years at Air India.learnt a lot, experience, patience,skills, interpersonal skills,service sector knowledge etc..
Pros
travel around the world
Cons
family time is lost
The environment is good and the team is amazing. Work gets done with ease. The people working there are very diligent and love their work. Sometimes it gets a bit hectic but the job gets done
Pros
long breaks
Cons
too lazy people in the team
This is good company but since its Gvt so you wont get any onsite chance or something. Also salary increments were not good.. You will get lots of benefits here. I worked here for 3.5 years and got a chance to work on good projects
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Average Salary Increments
it was awesome experience to work with air India. good staff, good people and provide lots of facility for their worker.air India is one of the best airline in India and people always die to work with then-m.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I developed my entire carrier and company developed me from junior Engineer to senior executive level with all the facility to develop. Company prepared for civil aircraft license examinations in order to have the Aircraft License.
Pros
Free passages for international travel, Subsidiged food and Medical facilities
Cons
Shift duties
It was a pleasure working over there. Because the related area. The company trained me well on Airframe, Engine and Base maintenance division. Taught to solve problems, every one is good , good work atmosphere.
If u want to learn something then better join Air india. Its the organization which will give you the all basics need to learn about each and every thing about the aircraft engg.
oppertunity to have a close ecperience with many technical and engineering infrastructure in the field of aviation. the staffs also take initiation to teach the things that are new and hard to understand just through books