Air India

Air India Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant in Mumbai, Maharashtra

Working with AIRINDIA is awesome. Everyday i got to meet up with new people,new destination, new experiences. Air india is national carrier Of India and one must feel proud working it and serving the nation.
Enjoyed it, it was absolutely fun, put in dedication, hard work, maintained balance between person and work life, had complete job satisfaction, gained lot of respect from the Society, it was an absolute honour.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The management is absolutely gone to the dogs. The company is in heavy debt and cannot pay the employees on time. Due to heavy red tape there is no scope for a promotion in the company and the work culture is very unprofessional. I would never recommend anyone to work with Air India
New colleagues everyday work in new environment meet different people everyday learn something new handle different situations travel different places and see the world
Pros
separate meals provided with different 5 star hotel stays for free
Cons
odd working hours
had a wonderful experience in my ten years at Air India.learnt a lot, experience, patience,skills, interpersonal skills,service sector knowledge etc..
Pros
travel around the world
Cons
family time is lost
In my tenure of 10 years, I have found Air India to be an employee centric organization with multiple employee friendly policies. Even with a hectic schedule, it was always a pleasure to be on board and interact with different passengers and like minder cabin crew members. I have learnt a lot from my job, especially to deal with different personalities and to multitask.
It was indeed a great experience to work with our flag carrier. The potential of the company is enormous and the infrastructure unlike other companies is majestic.
If the day is hardworking then we are avilable for that hardwork We will learn daily how to handle guest different behavior We will learn how to manage guest and fullfill guest need We will experience open work places and culture The hardest part of job is to convence the gues The most interesting part of job to interact new people
Pros
Free accomdation
A fantastic working experience which lasted 9 years. learnt a lot from colleagues and coworkers.best part of the job, meeting new people every single day and interacting with all different types of people and cultures,simple,nice and also irate passengers. but that just helped me grow and better my job.
Cons
no proper shift, work could start at 2am or 5 am or 8pm any time of the day
Day at work is fun .Right from operating a flight to work inside cabin, meeting new people on day to day basis ,interacting with them .Making friends as well .Flying in different time zones , Every time landing in different city is fun.
Pros
Free meals and allowances
Cons
long and erratic hours
The best part of AI is the staff you will work with. Really friendly, helpful and motivated. Excellent communication and team work.
Being in in-flight service department of an airline is all about presentation cordialness and efficient handling of the situation. Since no same set of inflight service people are with you for every other flight, you are working with different crew members. Management is okay.
Pros
Get to travel the world and be in a glamorous job.
Cons
Can be very very hectic and affect one's health.
>TYPICAL DAY AT WORK: For a cabin crew, Day and Night are one and the same. Remember to carry all docs with you before leaving for your assigned flight, check thoroughly on your physical appearance and presentation as you represent the national career the moment you step out in the uniform, go through your safety equipment checklist, meet and greet your team members and pilots who are with you on the flight, pay attention to pre-flight briefings, once on flight check equipment availability and serviceability as per DGCA Regulations, other pre flight checks and service preparations, taking over from catering staff in station, reporting to inflight supervisor, Greet Passengers and guide them to their seats, pre-flight briefing to exit row passengers as well as passengers with children and infants, Maintaining discipline, safety and comfort of passengers throughout the flight, handing over to designated crew in station after landing. >WHAT I LEARNED: Discipline, Patience, Multi tasking, Courteousness, Respecting Different Global cultures and values, Diligence and hard work, Hospitality, Food and Beverages around the world >MANAGEMENT: Bureaucratic. Typical of a government organisation, where seniority is ultimate power. >HARDEST PART OF MY JOB: Remain Away from Stress and more so in adverse situations >MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB: Having to see the world and meet different people from diverse cultures
Pros
Free Family tickets to anywhere in the world
Cons
Being away from family for days together
Air india charters is best place to work in, get to learn a lot
Pros
free visit to many places