Air India

Air India Employee Reviews for Technician Trainee

Good place to shape your future Well experienced technician and Engineers Proper equipment for type of aircraft Well maintained hanger Good facility at work place
Pros
Good trainers
Cons
Lack of development
I was very excited to work with such an Airline which had such a great reputation in the market and my expectations were very high regarding the skills and knowledge which i was about to learn. The company did not let down my expectations and very day was great and challenging. There were times when the task which i was assigned were tough but my senior trainers were very experienced and co-operative they thought me how to work at such difficult times and how to manage time. My overall experience at Air India was unforgettable and i got to learn a lot of new skills which will help me boost my future career in this field.
I learned to work related to the white body aircraft.How to work under the supervision of the senior is also a most important factor.Also find out the snag is a key factor of the work.
Pros
maintenance work
Cons
it was awesome experience to work with air India. good staff, good people and provide lots of facility for their worker.air India is one of the best airline in India and people always die to work with then-m.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
This was the core of my education and this experience intrinsic to my graduation. This was my first taste of a stressful schedule and working under a time paradigm. It was also my first experience of working under the bare sun where most of the maintenance activities are performed. An enlightening experience and character building exercise.
Pros
Discounted lunches and amazing food
Cons
Time paradigm and the overall work environment
The ability to work independently,. knowledge of Safety precautions Fire Prevention,Use of Ground Equipment,Aircraft material parts and its function.
Every one managed to work as a group. no one complains eachother istead we all worked in such a manner to maintain good relationships, which i think gave an efficient output on day by day work. intimacy walked hand in hand with positive outcomes. everyone were elder than me, most of them were nearing to retirement, but the never made me stand alone also they managed to make fun out of works. The hardest part i ever felt was procrastination, which inceases work load. so i never wanted to experience such things.
Pros
foods for utter cheap rates
It is part of the course and worked as a trainee technician in Air india Mumbai.
It is the best company to give hands on experience for trainees and freshers. Great learning experience and a good overview on aircraft maintenance.
Company is gud but my carrier lost ,, Their co workers supportive in nature and friendly.
I was a trainee tech over there and they dont pay even stipend
Cons
Worked as Trainee technician for the fleet of Boeing 747-400 and Airbus A310.  Worked in Accessories Overhaul Division to assist Aircraft overhaul of Boeing 747-400 and Airbus A310.  Assisted in overhaul, test & repair of electrical, pneumatic, fuel and hydraulic equipment and accessories.
Was A great experience working there without any safety harness or any thing but still i took the challenge and completed the work of installing wing tip
I m very happy to work in air india In summer time its too typical on work in hanger. I learned many things exp:-how to work and maintenance of air conditioning system and landing gear system ....Many more. Management is not good because they was not interested to listen below co worker.. All co worker are awesome. Hard part of job is cleaning the things. I enjoy my work..
Pros
Cheapest food in canteen
explored various aircraft and related parts. worked with senior most AMEs. performed duties on latest and youngest aircrafts.
That was my best experience in my past carrier,in-fracture is too gud and they hve all the equipment for a bench check and different different LRU
Pros
cost is low as compare to others
Cons
Will be having at-least one check on aircraft a day. Learned the various checks in B-737-800 NG aircraft. Had the chance to work with some experienced aircraft technicians and Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
Although it was a period of training that I underwent, Air India being the National carrier has a formidable fleet of aircraft, each of them wearing jet engines of well known manufacturers.Hence, the training which I have received here is well worth and I must admit that I have become richer in knowledge about the latest Jet engines and having had an opportunity to work on them, assist overhauling etc. has been a dream-come-true.The Senior Staff has been very co-operative and their attitude and interest towards trainees has humbled me. Their guidance will always remain an asset in my career.Co-workers have been so lively that it was a pleasure to be at work with them and the Seniors have been so accessible and so receptive to our questions and clearance and clarifications of doubts,
It was very nice days to work on an live aircraft that also higher atinspection and servicing.I assisted to carry out 500hr phase checks,extended transit and transit checks on B737NG fitted with CFM56-7B engine.On base maintenance we have carried out lot of tasks which comes under the schedule.
The Seniors are very pleased o help Juniors and they will teach everything about Technical side and very co-operative
Pros
the food in air india canteen is very cheeper... only 10 rupees is enough or one day :)
Cons
working in ai is fun.
Air india is a big mro.i learn lot of things like how to work,how to maintain,operation of component,precaution and procedure,tools
Pros
cheap breakfast and lunch
Cons
short breaks, health care, more work, easy to work, no tension