Air India

Air India Employee Reviews

I learnt compliance,welfare. workplace is OK in terms of culture. Management should take interest in training young employees. No benefits like permanent employees and I was on 5 years contract. So differentiation between contract and permanent staff.
Pros
Big name on resume
Cons
NO proper support, all system of working, too much paper work
It was a great place to work, I really enjoyed my duty as pharmacist in the medical department at Chennai. All staff are very cooperative and helpful.
As I stated my professional career with Air India so it was really a great experience working with it. It helped me in dealing with people and situation. The workplace culture was very healthy and plesent. I enjoyed working with the company.
Ticketing,Well aware of Check-in and boarding procedures (An expert in Sita Check –In system),Documentation check (Passport/Visa checks),GD Clearance,Boarding Gate,Ramp,Mishandled baggage handling,Meet and assist passengers,Baggage Reconciliation (BMA & BBA)
While working with Airline I learned the value of time when we had to send the flights on time as some Airlines lose a lot of money and customers if flights get delayed. Greeting everyone with a smile and helping them with their check in procedures and guiding them towards Aircraft and making their journey memorable was my motto.
Pros
Canteen was subsidized so lunch was good and and at a reasonable price.
Cons
Night shifts.
it was a great place to work, I am really enjoying my duty. Handling transactions in a timely manner over sales, delayed, cancelled flights, and any issue related to lost/ damaged luggage. There are so many challenges am facing, most of the typical part is flight cancelled, delay at that time very difficult to handle passenger but i learn at that situation how to handle passenger in that situation
In contract basis also it is good culture and working atmoshpahre, i aprisiate to worked their as im thried party payroll they treat me as inroll person.
The facility given by air india no other airline gives love you air india our captain 1st officer crew member and one more important part is our ground support or ground staff these all persons give air india to fly in air to all over world
Work pressure is lot. One should have more tendency to wait and complete the given work. Crucial Environment with staffs. Working tip: Very unpredictability of work and staffs behaviour towards work.
Pros
Canteen and coupons facility
Cons
Long hours stretch work
The management has highly regulation policy of aircraft maintenance, management and CAMO(QC) under DGCA. It is a Very fine organization to work in the field of avition.
Pros
free work space
Cons
Very good place to work with. Good career advancement and job security. Pay as per government guidelines but perks of unlimited medical for self even after retirement. Air tickets quota for everyone which is ofcourse subject to seat availability. But firm bookings can also be made for a limited number of seats well in advance. This depends on management policy based in seasonal load factors.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Government pressures
I am work there 1 year , I got there lots of Knowledge in Electrical Field.Come and experience the advantages of India's biggest MRO Company that handles multiple fleet of aircraft such as A320 family, A310, A330, B737NG, B747-400, B777, B787, ATR & CRJ at all major airports in India. We provide following Line Maintenance Services which are managed by well trained and highly experienced personnel :- Strategic Line Maintenance Services at major network stations in India. Transit , Base, Daily and Weekly checks at multiple locations. Engineering Assistance including certification to foreign carriers at various Indian stns. IATP approved provider of Aircraft Recovery kit and services for India and neighboring countries. Ground Handling Services at economical cost at all major stations.
Payment not affordable, no job satisfaction, no job security, medical not satisfactory, no grade wise increments, management not proper & also corrupted, only things about self promotions, they have no interest in their workers,arrange contracts & get benefits.
Air india is very good airline in this field and air India is old and trusted airline I saw every time review on air India page air India is fastest growth company in the airline field and I'm trying my best to be a part of Air india
Pros
Fre lunches
Cons
If you're in AI, you definitely must be connected. Typical babu/IAS attitude. Pilots earn their ranks not with their skill, aptitude, or hard work; but through other channels. Poor quality of copilots; all it takes is some connection to get in. Unfair work culture and poor ethics. Mostly about politics. Some of the pilots are alright, mostly from the senior IGRUA cadre. Absolutely unprofessional and dirty work environment. Poor standards and class. The quality has steadily been going down. Management is probably one of the worst in the industry, and the inhuman work practices only makes it worse. Definitely not worth it if you are a well-spoken, polished, hard working, and are a professional with officer like qualities. This place is mostly full of selfish hooligans who have only one thing on their mind - $$$. Not recommended! The benefits and entitlements are fine, but they're messing it up there too.
Pros
ID passages, Medical cover
Cons
Unhealthy work environment, uncouth and unprofessional attitude, company policies
The Seniors are very good person. He help always. I have achieved lot of experience from him. They're guide me. And also my colleague very good relation.
Pros
Lunch time is fun time. Free minded surrounding.
Air India is a microcosm of India owned by the government. And therefore corrupt at every turn. Every sheet of toilet paper includes a payment to one MP or another. Their books, their real books I mean, have never seen the light of day. A more dysfunctional combination of intelligence, incompetence and intrigue all lathered over with an astonishing arrogance you will never find. I love the people. But one can only shake ones head at what they are up against.
Pros
Thinking.. a lot of the people are wonderful
Cons
Copilots whose expertise is limited to adding up their logbooks, Incompetent schedulers who are bullied by the local pilots, All scheduled on a piece of paper.
I would like to interact with new people.... That gives different types of experience..... I'm also very much interested to work in this airline field..... I'm also enjoying in working there....
Pros
Cons
No cons
I gained hands-on experience in aircraft overhaul process. The tasks I carried out during a one-month training period are:- 1. Performed assembly ,dis-assembly and testing of hydraulic and electric brake of Boeing 737, 747 and 777 2. Performed assembly ,dis-assembly and testing of undercarriage components (wheel hub, tires and landing gear) of Boeing 737, 747 and 777 3. Performed complete overhauling of aircraft pressurization and air- conditioning system for Boeing 737 The aircraft enginners working at Air India are very dedicated, meticulous and sincere in their work. The level of precision and accuracy employed at Air India was extremely high and even the most simple tasks were carried out with utmost care.
Pros
Highly professional yet familial atmosphere
Cons
Poor Cellular Network
The employee should never hear about positive performance or performance in need of improvement for the first time at your formal performance discussion meeting unless it is new information or insight. Effective managers discuss both positive performance and areas for improvement regularly, even daily or weekly. Aim to make the contents of the performance review discussion a re-emphasis of critical points.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management
It was very bad because the management was not listening to employee and not giving to much benefits to its employee and working culture is too much bad salary is also not raising too much in 3 year salary is raising.
Pros
Not available
Cons
No short break
  1. Employee Reviews