Alcon logo
Alcon

Alcon Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,393 reviews

Global MNC culture

Good to get associated with Alcon professionally. One of the fast paced technology driven, R&D intensive eye care company division. This place believes in giving back to society in the best capacity. This gives world to people who cant see. #Respectandlove

Not inclusive at all

You’ll only move up on popularity not if you meet qualifications. They claim to be an all inclusive company & it’s not. It’s all about who you know while working here.

Pros

Hours were okay

Cons

If your family works here you’re fine if not…

Customer service can be a nightmare for some and a land of entitlement for others. The Vision Care mgmt is in a constant state of chaos. Least meritocratic place I have ever worked. More who you know not what you know kind of place. Very old fashioned ways of thinking and not in a good way if you know what I mean. This place is diverse (because it’s an international company) but it’s not inclusive. I can barely afford to live in the city where I work.

Pros

Benefits, company gourmet cafeteria

Cons

Nepotism, Cronyism, Poverty wages

Good pay, good benefits, not so good management

Working here is fairly easy overall. The pay is good, especially for people who come in with no experience. The benefits are good, and you can get free contact lenses. For technicians, there are only 12 hour shifts with a rotating schedule. If one of your working days is on any holiday, you are working. You work one weekend every two weeks.

Pros

Benefits, pay

Cons

Work on weekends / holidays

Easy

During my time there I enjoyed. I met great people. Unfortunately I had to leave due to feeling uncomfortable by another employee and although I had reported it and management talked to the person I still felt uncomfortable so I left.

Pros

Easy work

Tem

They really don’t care about your life , they see us as a work machine ! Poor management, favoritism with some people , low salary . Looks an easy job , but you have to be stand the entire shifts

Pros

Free lunch only if you work overtime

Cons

Short brakes

Great flexibility and compensation but zero sense of stability

The pay is far above most other corporations and the flexibility was even better. However, every 6-12 months the rumor mill starts and you get fearful of losing your job. Went through more than one layoff at the company. The culture is changing and not for the better. The response to COVID and it's employees was poor. Leadership makes decision without understanding the full extent of the consequences to the decisions. Not much concern for employees as a whole. Its very all business and money. Again, compensation and work/life balance couldn't be beat.

Pros

Great pay and work/life balance

Cons

Zero job stability

The people like to lie on you

The people like to lie on you.. always accuse you of stuff you did not do ..?the PTO is nice but it doesn’t weigh out all the bad the leads are mean they don’t teach you nothing new .. supervisors don’t listen to you.. you’re always on the same machines all the time.. mandatory overtime all the time the pay is terrible people that just start get the same pay as the people that have been there for five years makes no sense the supervisors give terrible raises.. The company just doesn’t care about their people..

Pros

Pto is good

Cons

The pay is terrible and the raises are just as bad for all the work that you do

Worst company I ever worked for

Company culture despicable, management and specially HR would like to change but expects associates to provide the solutions to their own incapacity to see what they are doing wrong. Very high turnover within the associates and managers due to burnouts and discouraged associates. Everything is put in place to fail, finger pointing, managers do not care about associates, they only think about their own careers, very political.

Strong political correctness training but on a real life basis it’s West Virginia hillbillies that don’t care about it

Look around a little longer, it’s a failing company that got dropped by Novartis and will hire all the failures around the area to supply cheap labor to a failing company and once you get sucked in you won’t escape. Everyone boast about how great the benefits are but it’s the same that most full time companies around the area offer without the drama from employees and mental stress the border of the job offers

Pros

Basic corporate company “benifits”, and everyone tells you

Jobs at Alcon

See more jobs

Good Learning Experience, Bad Performative Management

I was a contractor and the performative inclusion at Alcon is really apparent. Leadership is dismissive of D&I concerns and D&I events and measures are performative at best. Departments are siloed and don't know what the other is doing, while at the same time there is competition for ownership while eschewing responsibility and actual management. Leadership is very out of touch and uses even more out of touch methods to seem relatable. I made amazing friends and learned a great deal, but the corporate culture is very old school and not adaptive to the competitive nature of the talent landscape.

Pros

Immediate team camaraderie is great, industry leader and good benefits

Cons

Out of touch executives, siloed divisions, performative D&I

Low Pay

Pay is terrible in manufacturing and it is a must to kiss backside to get promoted. Its not what you know, its who you blow to move around at this place.

Benefits

Management sucks. No room for advancement.

Decent benefits, pay is average IF you're able to become a Senior Machine Operator. Otherwise the pay is terrible and you are overworked. Weekends are fleeting especially in Packaging if they fall behind. They will work you 7 days a week while Management sits at home. Supervisors don't know their a** from a hole in the ground but are insistent on changes to be made "for the better" when they've never set foot on the production floor. I suggest you learn to speak fluent Spanish... because that's all you'll hear, The company doesn't come highly recommended.

Pros

Occasionally they'll provide free coffee or have lunch delivered

Cons

Short breaks, clueless management, rude/know-it-all supervisors

great

it’s okay working there you had to focus on your job and just mind your business because people are chatty in the building just get your bread and go fr

Good work place

I work “C” Shift (the weekend) and I pretty much like it, The OT is great too. They have a gym in the warehouse for employees, they also have a full cafeteria with Fuddruckers, Luby’s, Starbucks, and other small stuff.,,

Pros

Guaranteed Full time hours

Cons

Standing and loud noises

Cool place to work

We have alcon products at a discount price. The place is great for people who want to have a meaningful, direct and indirect way of helping others. I personally lol Ike working at alcon because I feel myself, I can wear my religious clothes without anyone complaining. Plus, they have enough breaks to allow employees to rest a bit or check on family more often.

Pros

Room for advancement, just work and don't listen to those always complaining

Cons

Schedule not that flexible if you ran out of PTO or not eligible for fmla

Good people to work with.

Lots of PTO, but lots of mandatory overtime. Good people to work with. The pay is not the best, but again they make up for it with their benefits. Clean work environment with temperature control for summer and winter.

Pros

Lots of PTO

Cons

Mandatory O.T.

Mechaniker

Toller Arbeitgeber, sehr gute Bezahlung leider vollkonti Schichten, Mitarbeiter sind nur am lästern über andere Mitarbeiter. Chefs und Teamleiter bewerten die Mitarbeiter nach dem Aussehen und nicht nach leistung.

Pros

Viel Geld

Productive and fun environment

It’s was great working there, fun environment and clean and well sanitize, great managers and supervisors. I will recommend any want that’s needing a long term job to work here.

Good place

I enjoyed my time at Alcon. Good people for the most part but at times there was a lot of drama especially from management. There were paid breaks which was a plus.

They are not hori g on permanent

They lie alot and do not hold up on their end of things. They do not hire on permanent until after like 3 years. And u have to practically be perfect during that time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Alcon with