Alorica

Clear
2.7Pay & Benefits

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,192 reviews

Would not recommend

When I first started working at Alorica, I was with a phone company and then i got moved to a medicine company and last I was at Suddenlink. That is where it got bad. I was staying longer hours because no one would work them so phone hold times were bad. The company didn't care about their employees as much. They took the raises away. The benefits weren't worth much. So if you are just starting out, this is the type of place. But if you are looking for an actual career, I would definitely not recommend this place.

Pros

Cons

longer work hours, bad benefits, lack of respect from managers

Pretty easy job

I was a data entry pharmacy technician and it was pretty easy but the pay sucked since it didn’t include any raises. The bonuses were nice though if you meet metrics

Easy job

The data entry pharmacy Technician position was fairly easy and repetitive but alorica does not do pay raises. You stay at the rate you are hired at which sucks.

Pros

Potlucks

Cons

No raises

fun place to wirk

I love working from home and the ability to make my own schedule. I think they should post the hours at a more certain time, it is hard to get hours they way they post them.

It would have been a great job if they did not do a lot of testing

Alorica has a lot of testing if you don't pass you don't have a job. Did not like that at all. Lots of there test did not have anything to do with the job that I applied for. Very unstable work conditions.

Pros

will work with your schedule

Cons

put health insurance even when you did not want their insurance

Just a poor company to work for.

This is just a job I feel the government set up just to get people off of unemployment. Worst company I ever worked for. No pay raises. Unclean environment and work area.

Pros

Give aways

Cons

Short breaks, no pay raises and poor management.

Flexibility

I work there because of flexibility, No good benefits and no pay raises ...If you are looking for a job to advance this will not be the job, that you will be looking for. If you have bills a good opportunity for that reason.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

no pay raises

Not a steady/stable job

Working with other clients is iffy and they don’t give you advanced notice of the changes such as starting with one company and then being pulled to another. It’s an inconvenience for schedule changes and training.

Pros

Friendly, Avanti Market

Cons

Short breaks, punching out on 10 minute breaks, management

Non-stressful although boring

I was an oddity as a worked in a computer only department, while most were sat down working phone calls. Very lacks work environment, can talk to each other because of the major amounts of downtime. I left because there was no advancement opportunity or chance of raises

typical work day

Learned alot about phone etiquette, alot of healthcare information and data entry. Loved when we would have company games and lunchs as well as prizes

Run while you still can...

If you are looking for a job with no raises and a job that never rewards you for what you do than this is the job for you. This is a temporary job for everyone who works here. The turn around rate is ridiculous. Favoritism is shown here big time. If you don't kiss the right amount of butt you will get no where in this company. Overtime is constantly promised and then never followed through with. You will make $10 an hour and never more. There are no raises here what so ever. You will be forced into learning whatever skills they need you for for no extra pay at all. The work you do is never rewarded. Management is non existent and honestly does not care about your concerns. Very unorganized. Worst company I've worked for.

Cons

10 min breaks, no raises

Horrible Management

If you like to work in a call center where every 2 months they change your project, this is for you. Management doesnt care what you have to say. The bonus structure is a joke, and they will never and i mean ever give you a raise.

Pros

You tell me

Cons

Not a productive place to work

EGS when you first start make a lot of promises that they cant keep. Example overtime and bonuses. The work schedule was good but the amount of work the have you doing for little pay is not worth it. My biggest problem was with management, some of the TL's (team leads) treated the reps like kids and was not professional at all. Also they had no clue of the job they were suppose to be in charge of.

Pros

Great Schedule weekends off

Cons

short breaks, low pay no over time like promised

Far too much work for the pay

Management has no intention of upholding a review process. After a year: No raise, no nothing, just occasional OT raffles for $20 items. Associates permitted to gossip and bully others on the floor. I saw it every day. Basically this place expects you to last 6 months or less. That was my take away. Inadequate training. Rules change every week. Never could get the hang of staffing-to-conditions. I made nice friends but altogether a sloppy workplace.

Easy and laid back workplace

Laid back Easy Private Encouraging Works with college schedules No weekends Boring Dead end No raises People are rude Staying busy is hard It's quiet

Pros

Easy, and laid back

Cons

Boring, and short lunches

Make friends to survive

Do not expect a raise- they do not believe in increases in hourly pay. They do 'give' incentive pay, which usually means up to $5.00 a paycheck and it takes awhile to make that much. Then don't expect too much more than that. Expect procedures to change suddenly and often without anyone telling you. If there is not much work you may get sent home with no pay. You are expected to work overtime if it gets busy but with too many people and not enough work you rarely get it. The building is decent but the parking lot is pot hole heaven. Team leaders are not experienced supervisors. They are not given any training on how to supervise and motivate their teams. TL's are given bonuses on how their team performers but the teams get no recognition for their hard work. Upper management micro manages and critizes more than motivates. Which is sad they are losing talented people because they are getting burned out. They cut support staff to a minimum but expect performance to be at same level. They offer ridiculous $$ for employment referrals but haven't realized that their reputation is their biggest downfall. No one wants to work for them. Training is almost non existent. You will learn more the first day on the floor than you will from 4 weeks of training. We heard from newspapers the company has been sued by our largest customer. We've been given no reassurances that this will not effect our job.

Pros

Co workers, the idea you are helping people

Cons

Upper management, no pay raises, and equipment that doesn't work

Employment

The "culture" on the operations floor is run by threat and discipline. Very disorganized and "clicky". Appears to constantly set metrics that are not achievable so that pay for performance bonus will not be met.

Pros

employment

Cons

terrible benefits

An out-sourced nightmare

The level of knowledge we are expected to possess and the sheer volume of irate customers far exceeds our pay grade. We take calls for the company Direct Energy that operates under 5 different names depending on what state/market with which we are working. We can deal with any one of these in a single day. The job entails taking customer service calls for 3rd party energy supply customers and assisting them with account updates and changes. Direct Energy in many of its markets operates on the fringe of the law using technicalities in their terms and conditions as a way of validating over-charging them. We as customer service agents have to take the flak due to the company's less than reputable policies. The worst part of it is that Direct Energy pays APAC as a contractor and APAC pays us. In other words we are taking out-sourced calls which puts us at minimum wage as opposed to $10-$13/hr which we as employees could be making if we worked directly for Direct Energy. The supervisors for he most part are lax as they understand the kind of work we do. There are incentives (offered for keeping customers from cancelling) but not enough resources at our disposal other than cheap tricks in order to this.

Pros

Dental and Vision plan, 401k

Cons

Minimum wage, company's business model, heavily monitored bathroom use

It's a job.

It's a job. What you start out making will be what you make for the duration of your employment there unless you move up. You are continuously critiqued and coached, but they do not give periodic raises. There is a lot of overtime offered, mostly mandatory. The company is unorganized, but your direct supervisors are decent.

Pros

it's a job

Cons

short breaks, no raises