Alpha Academy

Alpha Academy Employee Reviews

Learned professional things .

Good to work here.everything was good during my tenure.Good Polices are good.Not much work load .Salary on time. You can think of working here. Good luck.

Pros

relax

Cons

Good

Good.. They are responding to our call.. They attend the call at anytime in day time.. If we r not willing to go tuition for some place they r not forcing us to work anywhere..

Amazing

Greatest gym I have ever worked with. The owner is freaken awesome! The way the business operates is incredible and not a lot of gyms are doing it. Alpha Academy is going to impact the local area.

Great community and work environment

I enjoyed the opportunities that I had to volunteer here. They were very supportive, encouraging, and resourceful for both the tutors as well as the students They also created awesome bonds with families where many parents felt supported and cared for by our tutors and mentors of this program. It was a great space for community. I think we all felt like we had something to contribute and bring forth into the world for the betterment of all people.

It was ok

For a daycare with was well organized but the turnover wasn’t so good which made it hard for children to adjust. They let me bring my daughter but she started buying and I wasn’t allowed to bring her back which made it difficult from that point to make it without childcare.

lots of fun daily activities with the children.

Awful management skills. Low pay and no raise after working there for more than 1+ years. Sick days/days off not allowed due to lack of staff. Either not enough hours or long work days because lack of staff. Lots of favoritism and brown nosing management to get privileged.

Pros

hour in a half break, free food sometimes.

Cons

low pay, no sick/ days off.

Review of Alpha Academy

Management was awful. Had to work my way up for a decent pay witch shoulf be starting salary. Principal is very sneaky. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Kids

Cons

Everything else

very unprofessional

The best part is working with the kids, but there is no support from management. Very unprofessional. No benefits no room for career advancement or growth.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No room for growth

Great Kids

I would recommend this school to anyone. Good staff and great kids make it an overall excellent place. Its very academic focus and driven so student will receive the best education possible.

Good environment

环境很好 老板很有耐心 教会我很多东西 与同事相处融洽 学生可爱 工资待遇好 有提升空间 很喜欢这里

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Alpha Academy?

A very supportive administrators especially the principal.

The administrators would respond to your needs. You will have a teacher assistant that would help in the class. Alpha has limited resources and there was no resource classes unlike in the public schools. You have to walk to another building in order to get to the library.

Pros

clean surroundings and and buildings

Cons

No other subject teachers unlike in the public schools. Limited resources at Alpha

Long days

The days are long and the pay is average. You work hard but the pay is not that great. The kids are ok and so are the parents but the hardest part of the job is working long hours

stressful

a typical day starts with stressful demands and people trying to figure things out. Never any extra help with available when staff needs it. A very cold atmosphere as most people have attitudes. The kids are great people.

Lovely learning center

Although there is a lack of retention here with the staff, most all of the staff members were amazing. The owner/mgr is also wonderful. this is an ideal place to work for young adults wanting to major in teaching or for part time seekers.

Loving place for kids

I loved volunteering there. The kids were amazing to be around and everyone was very helpful. I enjoyed seeing the smiles on the kids face when they walked in.

Work is fun, and working as a translator for WT organization was the best.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the translation work. Generally the wroking hours are from 8 in the morning to 5 in the evening. But the best part was we always had extra work to finish and I enjoyed it a lot.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

nothing

Opened classroom is not for everyone!

It is a challenging place to work. The environment is an open classroom. The noise volume is high. If you want to help at-risk children learn this is the place to work.

Fun and trusting place

Manager is flexible Training is paid Materials are handed You can build your schedule Environment is friendly Staff is respectful Mon-Fri Job Certifications are paid

Cons

No vacations, No benefits

Not a good place to teach

No support from administration - no discipline plan for disruptive students - no breaks during school day - salary was not comparable to state requirements - no textbooks or workbooks - there is no library near the school nor part of the school itself - would not recommend working here unless you are willing to put up with working 24/7 and no support from the powers that be

Pros

great co-workers

Cons

expectations were unknown

Be Careful What You Ask For!

I have been employed with both the local and charter schools in North Carolina and if I can give a no star to this ranking. I would. Alpha Academy can fool anyone with their new building but it takes dedicated educators to make a child highly successful. The leaders make bold promises to the staff but treat them like peons. The CEO made a statement and I will quote;" We are a Charter School and we can do what we want." I was offered a contract but never received one. When asked about benefits, the insurance contractor was hard to reach. Treated the staff like they should be thankful to have a job at AA. Long hours with meaningless meetings and threatening me to have my license revoked by taking another teaching position in a local school district. But remember, I had no contract. Finally, a tiger cannot change its stripes nor chan AA.

Pros

New Building

Cons

Dictatorship- CEO and Spouse no Education Background, Cronyism-Friends on Charter Board, Offered no contract, Benefits-menial, Favor the military dependents not the local children, No security on campus, No medical care available, No hot meals, Sometimes no breaks or planning period

Good Opportunity

I have picked up a part-time job that is one of my hobbies as a badminton coach. I teach badminton techniques to students of various ages. I have developed skills in areas of events management and public speaking which builds my self-confidence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpha Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Alpha Academy with