Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 74,880 reviews matching the searchSee all 74,883 reviews

Fun workplace, Good benefits

Amazon in everyway provides best working culture there is and management,policies all are great. Job Security is also hereOnly thing is that there are too many excellent candidates if you go for promotion and although I wasn't expecting any office politics or such but there have been few instances where something were not right and it was clear why it was that. Learning depends on person to person. Work life balance is good , peace of mind is there. Appraisals are also good. Rotational shifts are bad.

Great money

Poor management too much favoritism. Want you to treat associates like robots. If you speak your mind and stand up to management they label you as a troublemaker. Transferred me to a department I never worked in with a half day of training. Asked to transfer back to where I came from they refused.

Pros

Benefits, PTO and vacation time from day one

Cons

Short breaks, management with no leadership experience

It’s a lot going on

amazon is definitely not the move y’all , the practices are very shady and just overall not worth it at all for what you’re doing at this job so yeah that’s all i gots to say

Pros

nothing

Cons

everythjng

Very Fast paced, Customers Reviews,

This job is what you make it. It can be fun at times. But it is very fast paced. Heavy lifting. You are judged for everything from wearing a seat belt to go 15 feet, to a customer wasnt happy with how you walked from the mailbox to the door. Weather can really SUCK but the packages still have to be delivered.Things I liked seeing dogs (the friendly ones), sunsets, sometimes cool houses. The crew of drivers we had were nice. Management not so much. Sometimes it was like the hunger games for a route. You dont always have the same route which can suck if you get a route down for 6 weeks then in the middle are thrown somewhere new. So again its what you make of it.Best advice I can give you is what someone told me about routes and that is "Its never as hard as it looks and never as easy as it seems.

Pros

Driving, dont have to talk to anyone. Seeing sunsets, dogs, different houses, meeting a brotherhood of drivers.

Cons

Long hours, too many packages and not enough time, mean dogs, weather, worn down vans

Fun to work and a lot of opportunity.

I worked for amazon for almost 2 and half years and I enjoyed every time I clocked in. Management is fair enough, and the workplace culture is friendly and welcoming.

Pros

pay, benefits

Cons

short breaks, 10 hour labor shifts

Expect you to be a robot

Pay was decent, but they expect you to hit outrageous goals and do not care if you are dealing with personal issues. They expect you to be a robot and hit your productivity goals no matter what. They have a high turnover and a revolving door. Benefits were good though.

Worst place

I believe Amazon has more potential but they make things hard. It's like you are a robot. You don't feel like you belong there, that you are just a number a not a person that needs to work, make money and probably grow within the company, but that's not the case.

Amazon.com

Not the best place to work if you don’t like the rat race. The company is very one sided and make promoting difficult. Work life balance is unfortunately non-existent.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work life balance

Great place to work, hours and days to suit your needs and job security. If you pass your probationary period it's a global company only getting bigger so job security wise which these days nobody can guarantee but I can't see these going bust overnight!

Pros

Shifts to suit

Cons

If any the night's

Terrible turnover, easily replaced by new employees

So many employees are unhappy, but Amazon could care less because they are constantly hiring new people to take the place of everyone that quits. Literally people quit every single day because the pay is horrible and expectations are unreasonable.

Pros

Anyone can get hired

Cons

Everyone quits

Jobs at Amazon.com

See more jobs

Wasn’t the best place of work

Working at Amazon is a real hit or miss, it really depends what warehouse you’re at. Some of them are really involving and seem like they actually care about their workers then others barely care at all. Regardless the work/life balance is alright you get 3 day weekends. The physical aspect of the work environment is either standing for 9 hours or walking around for 9 hours it really depends on if you mind that or not. One of the worst things about working there was the micro management they track how many units you have to put out in an hour they give you speeding tickets if you’re going to fast but they want 1000 units an hour then your breaks are tracked you get 15 minute breaks but it takes about 5 to walk to the exit depending on where you’re at. The social life is terrible there’s no talking on the floor which I can get in some circumstances but not even small talk to the person next to you. The thing that made me get out was the fact I couldn’t stand being there for 9 hours with nothing to do other than put this box over here and think.

Pros

3 day weekends, physical.

Cons

Micro management, short breaks, no social life, and really really boring

Fast paced,good clean working environment pay is good and overtime is fantastic

Good environment,managers look after you overtime is x1.1/2 then X2 can earn a excellent wage,shame it's on casual but I would go back for the Christmas period

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Casual worker

Productive ans fub

I like it, Its a place where people with different cultures come and work, I work when I like. My schedule is flexible and there is opportunities for advancement

It’s a good place to work

I’m a packer and it’s pretty self explanatory. Pretty easy work. The good is that you are in your own area no one bothers you. It depends where they need you the most. The bad is that you have to take a long walk to the restroom/break room . Strict on tot.

Pros

2 30 min lunches 1 15 min break

Cons

Strict on time

Easy work just long hours of nothing

Easy work but sometimes managers can’t be a pain especially young ones that take the manager position to the the head and are disrespectful other than that pays is good for what you do but it’s hard to move around and advance when they don’t really promote writhing the just hire external from what I see

Contrary to media stories I find Amazon an excellent place to work. Management is generally good and in my location excellent. A bit of a culture shock coming from the 5 day week, 7.5 hr day auto industry to the Amazon 4 day week, 10.5 hr day. If you are young there are many chances for advancement, both young and old can cross-train in multiple disciplines. Pay for the work is reasonable and the benefits are many and varied. I would recommend working here to any one.

Pros

Reasonable pay, good benefits, good environment

Cons

Long days, very physical

One of the Worst Places Ive ever worked, managment is VERY bloated

They also treat employees like machines... barely enough time to go to the bathroom.Terrible working conditions, almost like an American sweatshop.Almost no concern or protection from COVID, more work, and harder hours.Pay is negligible, advancement in nil...

Pros

Steady paycheck

Cons

Everything else, lack of employee concern, management, workplace culture. CANT EVEN LISTEN TO MUSIC AT ALL!

Use you up and throw you away

They will get all the productivity out of you and when they are done with you it’s out the door! Turn your back on upper management and they will find something, don’t make it two years get ready to pay back your relo.

It’s a good job if you work at a smaller site

My site is small and the managers are really chill it’s not too much work just long hours and standing like most jobs. Recently they have been more strict about badge swipes but if you come back to break on time you’re good!

Pros

Tuition reimbursement

Cons

Short breaks, no headphones

Work Life Balance

I like Amazon, great opportunity for anyone just starting out, getting back on their feet, or wanting something to do during retirement. Managers can be annoying but only because there are people pushing them to treat us like robots

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Annoying managers and work load

Easy job to make money

The job was really easy, but there is no sense of growing. It feels like you're just stagnated in the job and every day is almost the same. And production always has to be met.

Pros

Easy job, simple

Cons

You feel like a machine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

21,991
19,556
16,837
7,537
8,962

Compare Amazon.com with

• Amazon.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?