Amazon.com logo
Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Found 468 reviews matching the searchSee all 73,437 reviews

Good company to work. Lot of learning

Good company to work. Learning curve is always in the rise.But, work life balance is worst. There is constant pressure to deliver results and stress.

Pros

Pay package, learning

Cons

work life balance

Best work culture

I love working for Amazon but yet bot a better place for career growth but you can see only if you praise managers and do them favours. Not treated equally no opportunities given for juniors.

Pros

Stress-free

Cons

No OT provided, no job security, no career growth and lots of politics

Productive workplace

The organization is well built and it has many processes which you can switch to after one year of your present work. Team members are not supportive sometimes. Managers possess good knowledge about the process.

Pros

Food voucher

Cons

Performance improvement program

good

It was a great experiance working in Amazon, The working culture is a unique and I loved working their as a Digital Assosiate even though it is a contract role, I still miss that company.

Work-life balance, employee welfare programs

Extreme care and support during Covid situation and also lots of employee benefits which helps to maintain work-life balance. Flexible work timings and supportive management

Pros

Medical support, Meal card, Shift and travel allowance, Bonus etc..

good processes

I love working at Amazon. There is very good management and very good learning opportunities. Processes are quite clear in most teams except some pilot ones.

Pros

competitive salary, good management, very good learning environment

Cons

long hours are not uncommon

Very supportive colleagues, productive and a happy environment

The most amazing thing about Amazon is it's environment. It's not at all stressful, I used to enjoy my work life as well as my personnel life. Amazon has given me a lot. I learned a lot from Amazon.In future if I again get a chance to work with Amazon I will never ever leave that opportunity.

Pros

Free lunches, no stress, cooperative people

no job security

comparison between the employees will be done and good culturevery bad WLBvery fast paced cultureleaves and benefits are really greatfits for nerds not for a balanced person

Fun place to work

Work hard have fun and make history- it is so rightfulA learning environmentSafe zone to workExposure to various projects, stakeholders and customers

Competitive & Fun

A typical day at work included assigning allocations to each member and ensuring completion before deadlines. I learned a lot more about the inner workings of Amazon like the efficiency of communication between different teams was structured and almost flawless. But there was always room for improvement. I suggested some improvements in the system which was immediately implemented. My reporting manager was hard-working, stern yet fair and kind. He gave me ample opportunities although I was making mistakes. The workplace culture was really good. I could sit anywhere and work, with casual clothes, which helped me concentrate better at work. The interactions with team-members was also fun. The hardest part of the job was to work night shifts and/or weekends. The monotony of the work plus deadline pressures really stressed me out.

Pros

Casual clothing, no assigned seats, free cocoa drinks, no fixed working hours

Cons

Long hours, night shifts, weekend shifts

Jobs at Amazon.com

in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
See more jobs

Amazon Chennai

Work was interestingManagement was highly politicalMy boss at that time did not want to do anything but socialize but yell at subordinatesI hated the fear culture (Be scared of getting humiliated in front of everyone). That was basically the culture at the Chennai facility. Although, Seattle facility's experience was completely different and quite positive the short time I visited.

Loveable

Heaven to work...Beautiful work culture...Great Infrastructure...Pride of E Commerce. Good leadership and Management...Employee friendly..fantastic opportunities

Pros

Great

Cons

Productive and fun work place

Amazon is an awesome place to work in. You can connect with anyone socially with the limits. It has awesome perks, security benefits and many more benefits.

Pros

Lot of pros

Cons

Need to stretch regardless of your situation

Productive and Fun

This is the best company to start your job with it has various opportunities and everything and it will help you grow heights and everything and apart from that best.

Great workplace

Excellent environment to work with where age is nota bar for promotions.Talents gets recognised in a good manner.No micro management is involved.A completely good workplace with Extremely ethical ways of promoting healthy jobs for employees.

Good for learning

Learned new things Able to explore all new technologies Work life balance is okay Lot learnings from my seniors and Colleagues. A place where we can learn and grow.

Good for short term

The Workplace and the atmosphere is good at Amazon. There is not a lot of work pressure there. However the growth in your carrier is very limited and slow.

Fun + Pressure

I Just love to work with amazon again if i get an opportunity with good package and benefits. sometimes there will be high volume of work will be loaded and most of the time it will be fun loaded. i just miss amazon.

Pros

Cons

Nope As of Now

Amazing Learning Opportunities and fun place

I really enjoy working at amazon. I have got lot opportunities to learn and also was given the space to showcase my skills. Stakeholders are supportive and provide feedbacks, guidance for growth. Lower level managers in testing look at years of experience for promotion instead of the work they have done.

Its simply great experience, workplace culture is phenomenal, we get Ownership tasks its something unique for freshers to take part, Its a great place to work.

Pros

Ownership, Freedom to express

Productive and relaxed environment.

Stressfree workplace culture. The learning process here is very good. Management is supportive. Ample perks and benefits. An overall good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

21,756