AMD

AMD Employee Reviews

will get a chance to work with different functional teams, friendly work culture, can manage work life balance except during tape out times. fun & sports activities.
Best work ethics. Everyone around is helping each other. The staff is good. The food could be better.. Gym is there ........................................................
There is scope for machine learning development, but being part of specific QA team and isolated will not help to implement solutions that add value to organisation.
Nice to work here which boost up my career with a full confidence.Timing is also good . Even employees having a good relationship with their team members as well
Great benefits, profile of work fairly good, and good perks. Frequent lay off affect affect office work culture and puts lot of pressure on employees at times creating negative environment. At least need to give adequate notice to employees before laying them off.
The work environment was employee friendly and help was always available and it acted as catalyst in familiarize oneself with latest in technology and the latest trends in the designing world.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Not I can think of
Some of the common positive attributes we hear are: This is a fun place to work. We are results oriented. Everyone here cares about each other. This is a great place to learn and grow. Conversely, here are a few of the negative descriptions we hear from employees at some organizations: You can’t speak up without fear of retribution. I don’t feel trusted to do my job. We work in silos. I don’t see how my work contributes to the overall goals of the company.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Helath Care
It's the best place to learn, Work life balance.AMD works on cutting-edge technologies and it's a good place for those people who love to play with processors internals and graphics card. Here you can work independently.
Pros
Cons
Management is not aggressive
I joined AMD in 2008, almost a decade ago. I truly enjoyed my time there. I was part of sales and marketing team and it being a nimble team allowed us lot of autonomy. Good work life balance and great people to work with. Made some fantastic connection there and truly a great org from tech prospective.
Pros
People, Nimble teams, good work life balance
Cons
Compensation, job security owing to company results.
Hands on engineering company. Opportunities exist for a engineer to grow technically. Uncertain Business Environment. Often not fair while grading technical abilities
very Good company to work. Good management. timely salaries customer oriented. Global presence Rich in customer support experience Management is Employee oriented .
Work environment is good which is more important thing in Work place. The management team is good and responsive for any concern employee has. Different culture people work under same roof and have good work policy
Pros
Free lunch and transport, work from home
Good place to start a carrier. Learned lot of things related to the computer hardware and software. Also, got to know many ways on how to handle the different customers.
Productive and fun work place and had good colleagues who supported in all work activities and entire team members were supportive and had fun time working.
mdi is a company full of great people who are always ready to share their knowledge. A company where you are totally integrated into the system. A person donot realize how time passes by quickly.
AMD products are very good, but, because of their less focus of Promotional and marketing activities AMD is not able to have a good market share......
AMD was so far the best company i worked with. It gave every employee complete freedom to do what they want to do and how to do their business. Only thing missing was the power to control market due to lack of marketing funds that competition use to throw to partners.
Its a good job for Computer engineers. Very nice company for VLSI interested Candidates. People who are interested in Graphics, Games and drives they will love this this.
I'm not really an expert on the hardware business, but this company has really made it against a lot of odds. The business continues to stand up to the challenges by its competitors.
I learned many new protocols and specifications..It was really great experience.. The day included working on a regression and debug.. The day included having the methodology deduced..
Pros
Nice Team..
Cons
Work environment is pretty much like NVIDIA. Co-workers are nice and supportive. management is open for feedback. Used to enjoy cultural evens at AMD.
  1. Employee Reviews