Amdocs
Amdocs Employee Review

Great place to start career and the people are great!

March 7, 2020
I'm very happy that I decided to work at Amdocs. If I could go back to when I was first offered, I absolutely would have made the same decision to work there. I've gained great professional experience and met great people here. The culture is open and accepting to all kinds of people of all kinds of backgrounds. The environment can be stressful when there are issues going on and can take up your time outside of the office on the evenings and weekends. Having to make up for the lunch hour will also kinda dig into the evening, but that can ultimately be manageable especially when you're not on call. Starting pay was great compared to what I was expecting, 401(k) is nice and I've liked the healthcare. They also participate in community programs which is nice.
November 10, 2020
Software Developer (Former Employee) - Pune
I believe that for youngsters who are new in their career AMdocs shouldn't be the preference. Because for most of the project the technological stack is outdated and there is very less learning.
Pros
Team outings, Onsite Opportunities and open door policy
Cons
No work life balance. Less compensation benefits
October 24, 2020
Software developer (Current Employee) - India
Not a bad company to work for.ProsGood payGood leave balanceGood working environmentGood short term onsitesConsPaid transportPoor leadershipPoor ManagementNot CMMI level 5 companyProper Methodologies are not followedCareer Can be at stake if working on in-house toolsBad work life balance in few projects, totally based on luck
Pros
Lunch at low cost, work culture, benefits, short term onsites
Cons
Work can be monotonous
October 17, 2020
Software Developer (Former Employee) - Gurgaon, Haryana
Pros:Easy On Site ChancesFree and very Tasty food (only company in Gurgaon)Free snacks multiple times a dayWeekly Parties (on company budget)Free Office-Gym Job SecurityFliexible working hoursGood male-female ratioFree Udemy(paid) courses reimbursed by companyCons:Feels like working in a call centre(with all people around u wearing headphones)Too much tools dependency (evrything from IDE to Frontend)No Learning (Too outdated tech)No Full Stack work experience.Collegues around u would have nearly 0 learning curve.Nothing to add on your Resume after 2 years.You hardly write code there(like 2 lines in one week).No use of Open Source tools. (use inbuilt Framework which u can't modify)Service companies like increments and hikes.
  1. Great place to start career and the people are great!