Amdocs logo
Amdocs

Amdocs Employee Reviews for Senior Subject Matter Expert

Work-Life Balance

Found 76 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,193 reviews

Learning in telecom is great

Learning is great. However the project at amdocs are very stressful no work life balance. Long working hours in some projects. Food is great Infrastructure is great Employees benifit are great. Breakfast is awesome

My First Company

I started working in IT with Amdocs and been lucky enough to become a part of a dynamic process within an Integration framework right from the beginning. The fact that working with different cultures together is one of the necessary factor for overall development, the milestones I achieved while working under a set of qualified Managers ensured that I have the right start to my career. Travelling with the organization, within the country and abroad for recieving/ imparting job specific training, proved to be a boon. It helped understand not only the nitty gritty of micro-management but also what mix of techincal abilities are required to sustain the established identity of an Expert. The friday cake meetings, once in a month team outing, small huddle discussions within the team and healthy work-environment were some other highlighting factors responsible for my long association with the company. The only reason I think justifies my decision of a job switch is to find a better alternative to working in 24x7 shift set-up.

Awesome place to work

A typical Day at work for me was to address client queries while having fun with colleagues. A fun environment to work in. Excellent employee benefits . Loved the challenges and was responsible for delivering a end-to-end project for AT&T worth 6000 man-hours work single handedly .Good recognition for the effort put in and won several awards for excellence in work.

Awesome company to work.

Amdocs is my favourite company. Healthy environment . A very friendly company. Very good relationship between management and employees. I would always love to be work again for Amdocs.

Pros

yes a very foody company. All times free food.

Cons

Very bad HR system

Responsible for Legal & Statutory Compliance

Amdocs was one of the best companies till date i have worked with, Very good team , with excellent leaders, management was awesome and most important facilities provided by the company to the employees, i use to enjoy a lot at Amdocs because of its friendly and professional culture

Working in Amdocs as Senior Subject Matter Expert

Role involves the following :- - Develop the responsibilities and specifications for projects by identifying project phases and making sure that the equilibrium is always maintained between Schedule, Cost and Scope • Function as single point of contact for reporting project status. • Make recommendations for executive action when required. • Oversee the development of each aspect of the program/project resolving the most difficult work problems. • Solutions require resolution of complex operational and integration issues. • Provide detail and summary reporting of program status including progress and completion outlook. • Prepare briefing material and present overviews when required. • Ensure compliance with contractual agreements. • Identify all issues of the project and coordinate and collaborate to bring to resolution. • Manage client issues in relation to decisions and preferences. • Anticipate and resolve management, resource and scheduling problems. • Coordinate interdepartmental and corporate technology initiatives and commitment to client programs. - Production Support Activities – like handling many clients at a time which includes monitoring, assisting in case of critical issues, build/release activities, providing analytical support for assuring all components availability and functioning, suggesting improvements in existing processes etc. - Part of Change Advisory Board. - Handling Change requirements, enhancements -

Na

a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job

proactive and Good Work culture

over all it's good. provide good benefits to the employees.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Good work culture and fun place to work.

Good learning in telecom domain , provisioning , java concepts, unix,etc

AMDOCS is too good

AMDOCS is a awesome place to work.Very nice working culture.All are very friendly.

great company serving the telecommunications industry

great medium-sized company based in Israel, with offices in US, England, others.

enjoyed working with my team

I worked as Application DBA & was the technical lead for my team. I enjoyed working with my team.

Good but very meagre growth opportunities

Amdocs is good in terms of employee care but has very meagre growth opportunities. People who tend to work here for a very long time don't grow technically at all.Inspite of poor technical growth, one has to work long hours including weekends. They follow the Matrix Management system which creates highly dynamic work conditions for employees and in turn disturbs the work life balance to a great extent. Also earlier, facilities like food and transport were free, but now they are charged heavily.

Pros

good work culture, good employee care, frequent fun and cultural events

Cons

long hours, legacy systems, built in frameworks which cannot be investigated using google, very dynamic work conditions

A perfect place to learn things

Amdocs is a perfect place to learn & Explore things, The products that we deliver are with High Quality, and every time working for delivering a quality product to keep the client hope live on Amdocs.

Good Place

Over all its a good place to work. The company is based in two locations in India - Pune and Gurgaon. Here, if you are working for Amdocs Product you can be considered as the key resource. Even if the product side does not get the target return, you should not be worried about your perks and securities. Then there is a small services wong - GSS. It is expanding and every time we come to hear that it generates more revenue than the flagship product side.

Pros

relaxed & flexible timetable

Cons

growth focus on experience rather than skill

Work culture of Amdocs is very good.

i have learnt BSS and OSS end to end architecture in Amdocs. there is transparency between employees and management. Employees are rewarded for hard work and Co-workers are very friendly.Hardest part of job is un-achievable goals set by managers. work load was very high.Most enjoyable part is extra curricular activities like Dancing and games.I have to leave the job as i got married and shifted to US.

Pros

free breakfast and evening snacks

Cons

long working hours, 15 hrs per day, weekend working without perks