Amdocs

Amdocs Employee Reviews in Champaign, IL

Enjoyed my time working at Amdocs. They value their employees and compensation is good. Lots of opportunities to expand your skills and for travel is you want.
Pros
Care about employess
Cons
New release time can be stressful & long hours
Horrible place to work. Inept management, no focus, just bad. There is no work life balance. You will work 50-100 hours a week. This is a 7 day a week job. You will be called to work at all hours of the night. Just horrible.
Cons
Pay & benefitsNo promotions, only a portion of the staff gets an annual raise or bonus so its sometimes years before you see a 2% raise or a 8-10% bonusJob security and advancementOne class in 5 years and promotions only for select employees.Managementvery little involvement beyond direct manager and next to zero communication.Cultureevery little decision takes a ton of approvals from around the globe and it can take months for a approval.OverallThe work and the people you work with are the best part. Benefits are marginal and the cost seams to go up nearly every year. Difficult to navigate the company's redtape and approval process. It seams to take a VP level or higher to accomplish even the smallest things.They waste a lot of money being paranoid rather than belive in the design of the equipment and staff.Your lead to belive your the most important assett until it comes time to please the stock holders and board of directors, then your a cost savings and your cut. Unless your a part of the correct group then your safe from anything.
Amdocs was a good face paced environment. Things were always changing and generally quickly. Coming from a slow paced environment this was the biggest change for me.
I'm very happy that I decided to work at Amdocs. If I could go back to when I was first offered, I absolutely would have made the same decision to work there. I've gained great professional experience and met great people here. The culture is open and accepting to all kinds of people of all kinds of backgrounds. The environment can be stressful when there are issues going on and can take up your time outside of the office on the evenings and weekends. Having to make up for the lunch hour will also kinda dig into the evening, but that can ultimately be manageable especially when you're not on call. Starting pay was great compared to what I was expecting, 401(k) is nice and I've liked the healthcare. They also participate in community programs which is nice.
Amdocs is a multinational corporation that was founded in Israel and currently headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri, with support and development centers located worldwide. The company specializes in software and services for communications, media and financial services providers and digital enterprises.Positive work culture and lot of personal development options
The current attitude in the Champaign site is that all the workers are warm bodies. There's no professional or career advancement, no learning of new technologies, no benefit to the employee other than a good salary. However, raises are infrequent or non-existent - which feels insulting when the company makes 1 billion a quarter. Salary is good until they decide the position isn't needed any more.
Pros
Good Pay.. Flexibility. Can work from home when needed. Good Benefits
Cons
Can never be fully off work. No professionalism. No advancement. No career path.
Interation with offshore teams for software development and support. Work with customers on a daily basis to solve business and technical problems. High pressure environment due to proximity to data centre/production facility.
Management argues within themselves making it difficult to have a clear picture of what your daily tasks should be. We would be given two different sets of instructions from two different managers, who did not agree with each other and refuse to speak to one another. Pay fluctuated greatly depending on your ethnicity.
Pros
Good benifit package
Cons
management
I arrived to Amdocs Inc in 2002 with inter company transfer. Mix cultured environment which I like allot. But it ended here. It's time to address the advantage that some managers are taking on employees with working VISAs and the bad culture it bring to the company and the country. Some of the managers are on VISA as well which make it harder. I call it modern slavery. When you are reporting 50 hrs/wk but actually working >60 and even up to 80. When your weekend are mostly occupied and you are not allow ti talk an stand up. When you'be burned in the first 6 month and try to survive. This is not the officially company policy. But it is the actual. The upper management and company success is off a cost of foreign man force.
To give you some understanding of how much Amdocs "values" its employees, while I was working there as a contractor a coworker had triple heart bypass. Amdocs made this man come in to the office to fill out his insurance information on the incident. The management there was the worst I have ever encountered in thirty years in the industry. Just understand one thing if you go to work with them. You mean less than nothing to them.
Cons
A good place to work in. Big company. A lot of opportunities to travel. Fast past environment. Not enough work-life balance. Need to be ready to learn new things.
Its pretty transparent; Though there is a Management Hierarchy; Emp is welcome to talk to any level and share feedback, Ideas. So environment is very open & Employee Friendly
Amdocs is not for the faint of heart. Be prepared to work and be challenged every single day. It will test your will, but if you can survive there, you can survive anywhere.
Amdocs' current priorities are to save money and maximize profits at the expense of dedicated professionals. Amdocs once fostered a diverse and thriving employee culture, full of employees willing to give their all to help the company succeed. That culture is dead.
I enjoyed working at Amdocs. I learned a lot! I grow to be an expert tester. I attended a lot of trainings on different applications and testing tools include some automation tools like QTP and Win runner. Planed /executed and tracked bugs on different types of applications including web and client server Conducted several types of testing techniques, attended a lot of conference calls with the customers and attended meetings with developers and testing teams. Traveled to the customer site for test help. The work load with heavy, but the compensations and benefits were ok. . diversity environment
Jobs are mostly being off shored as USA is high cost center. Inexperienced manager and he is remote from Israel . Teams are pressured to work 55-65 hours per week
Good Place to work. Enjoy working here. There is lot to learn. Lot of challenges come across when to support and develop new products using latest technologies but such challenges motivate a lot to learn and gain more knowledge.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Sometimes have to Support on weekends
Amdocs is very flexible in it's timings. There is no swipe in, swipe out system, like in all major IT companies. You can come at any time and go at any time depending on the project requirements and understanding with your manager. Good employee care: Amdocs provides you good food, breakfast, supper, free fruits all day long. Apart from that birthday gifts, milestone achievements, performance bonuses all are quite good.
A typical day at work was very long and stressful and this seemed to be the norm from all levels of management. Amdocs has a very diverse work culture which was interesting and exciting for me to experience. However, this diversity at the management levels and the the apparent urgency of the business at hand, relayed into very rude, demeaning, harsh treatment of employees at most times. I did enjoy the lifelong friends I made over the years I worked there.
Pros
Free breakfasts, employee events
Cons
Short breaks due to workloads, employee treatment by management
Good company to work with. Good management and environment. Learning opportunities and friendly team atmosphere. Would recommend it definitely. Overall a good expirenece