Amdocs

Amdocs Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

It's the world leader in their domain i.e. telecom billing software but overall progress depends on which project you are currently working on. Many short term on-site opportunities.
I have grown from ops to T1 and continue to learn new skills. Grate benefits and life work/life balance. Food and restaurant cards are deposit onece a month. A good medical plan.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Have to wait 2 years to advance
Nice work culture, good place to work. Hard working culture. Perks like free breakfast, evening snacks, fruits. Good quality food available at reasonable rates.
I was worked on contract based. I felt like best place to work. A compani is provide anything like food,cab.fine place for fresher's. I t has a good culture.
It is a good company.which provides a better work-life balance. Nice work environment. It provides good job security. But they are not using new ahead technologies.
The current attitude in the Champaign site is that all the workers are warm bodies. There's no professional or career advancement, no learning of new technologies, no benefit to the employee other than a good salary. However, raises are infrequent or non-existent - which feels insulting when the company makes 1 billion a quarter. Salary is good until they decide the position isn't needed any more.
Pros
Good Pay.. Flexibility. Can work from home when needed. Good Benefits
Cons
Can never be fully off work. No professionalism. No advancement. No career path.
I would describe my typical day at my work in Amdocs as productive. Every week, we plan, design, build and deploy programs. The hardest part of the job is finding a solution in the very complex issue in an existing program. Because you have to read the code line by line to be able to find which caused the issue. And finding the optimum solition so the issue will not be encountered in the future.
Pros
Free snacks, great benefits
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. Feels awesome to work with a talented team ,ample opportunity to enhance your skills as you work
I enjoyed the work environment and I was able to balance life at its best. I continuously challenge myself on every project that was assigned to me and completes on track in its utmost quality with the help, training and guidance of my superiors. They are the best!
People working at amdocs are friendly but the higher management is not good. They will not even try to understand your hard work and your eager ness to learn things as soon as possible.
Pros
free Breakfast, snacks, lunch coupons
Cons
Poor Management
Great management. Great work life balance. Good place to learn new technologies. Good processes for development. Good documentation for products. Limited scope for work.
Pros
Great working enironment.
Cons
Limted scope of work.
I would say if you are not looking for the mostly development work then it's good place to work on. Management is worst, things are not organized properly mostly in my unit.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance
An mnc with a rich resource stack and lots of experts. Having a solid client base and the power to transition technology on the go. Good employee benefits and opportunity to work around the globe. Exposure to work with the biggest clients in the telecom industry.
Think 2 times before joining as a contractor here. They can remove you anytime with notice of 15-20 days. (Contractor companies not going to take your responsibility don't be fool to join for some extra bugs with contract) For the direct employee, it's very nice place to work. Many opportunities here.
Pros
Free snacks, Good meal
overall best company to work with, timely appraisals, spot appreciation for good work, lot of accounts so scope for horizontal growth. leading company in telecom domain.
Pros
free lunch, snacks, flexible working hours, best transportation.
Begin your day with work of loads from onsite. Onsite members wants us to stay late. If other people does not complete their task, then its assigned to someone who is already overloaded. Get appreciation in the form of awards
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not recognized properly
Amdocs is an amazing Company. However work is very close to it's products and you may not work with technologies that you like. This company provides chance to relocate for other countries.
Its nice working here in amdocs, superb Work culture and environment..free snacks, fruits and no Formals... many things to learn.. overall it as nice company
Pros
Free snacks, no formals
Fast paced environment, metric driven, results driven. Self learning promote workplace culture. Enjoy problem solving and delivery of error free code to customer.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
A very small team of Amdocs dedicated solely to Claro PRT, the leading telecom service provider in Puerto Rico. You have to be an expert of Ensemble application to be a part of this team. Work Life balance is excellent. A good team to be a part of.
Pros
work life balance, flexible work hours
Cons
no growth opportunity
Excellent benefits, good work/life balance, great people, encourage learning. Compensation not up-to mark and lack of career development opportunities.