AMETEK

AMETEK Employee Reviews

Overall good company to work with, learned quite of things while I worked their. I was lucky to have great colleagues with ametek. They helped me a lot and learned a lot from my colleagues in ametek/edax.
provided you are in a good business unit, you can enjoy good work-life balance, and other benefits. Its a flat organization, but due to so many business units, it may look little unfocused at times. One must understand that at corporate level, it is a sales organization.
Pros
good work-life balance
We follow work life balance, which helps all the individuals to work from home, this is something great. where we can concentrate both at a time. Work culture is good & Our BU is Awesome.
Most of the employees at higher positions do not deserve the job. They sustain in the company only because of goodwill. Your development is given least importance. They never consider what you want to do, it's always about what role the company wants you to take up.
Regular product based company with lot of departments within company outsourced to Bangalore centre. Good work life balance and relaxed environment. Travelling to Whitefield is tough.
From Jun2012 to Aug2016 during my tenure it was a great experience to work with company. It offered me some challanging tasks as well as fun with the same so i could manage to reach the targets.Good supportive team.
Ametek has BU culture and its product company, Work we get here in India is entirely based on BU which is situated some where in USA. Hence we will get small bit sand pieces of work which most of the time junk. Hence there is no career growth, but has some level job security as long as we satisfy the BU.
Pros
Decent salary, Work & life balance
Cons
No career growth and exposure
Work here is good amount of technical work and work is equally distributed with flexi work timings and work from home facility provided.
Pros
Flexi timings and work from home
Cons
Great workplace! Flexible timings. Excellent Co-Workers I loved my work here. It was a place of zen for me. I would have continued my career for another 10 years if I had not left India.
Pros
You'll be fully responsible for our project from management to development and delivery
Cons
Small Cafeteria
Get to learn variety of stuff. work hours are often too long and remunerations very limited. Flexibility in work. procedures are cenrtalised and simpleviz. leave grant, expense submitting.They have a seperate website for each.
Top bosses are not very professional. They prefer employees to spend more time at work rather than the amount of work done. Ofcourse they pay very well.
Good work life balance; some very good people; compensation pretty good for area but some positions need to be upskilled" "Ability to work independently, good benefits"
each team at AMETEK is unique. The engineers are very knowledge and great as mentors to incoming students. Stability and progress in career is ensured.
Each business unit is different in its type of work and processes. On an average there are about 2-3 engineers in a team. Each person has full responsibility and ownership of work assigned. Work assignment and management is done directly from respective Business Units. Reporting Managers are supportive. Great co-workers to work with. Team lunch/activities to introduce and get to know new co-workers. Team building activities every year. The most difficult and enjoyable part of the work is to understand the technology behind the systems. Scientists will be providing training on the niche technologies used in the product design. To grasp and comprehend knowledge at their level is the hard part. Again, this is also the reason for enjoying work in this organisation. You will love the challenges plus Engineers and designers have full liberty to create their own innovative architecture and have end to end responsibility to implement and create products that make history!
Pros
Kind of work, Liberty to work in your best possible way, Sense of ownership of product
Cons
Appraisal system and Communications between Teams across the globe is not very effective
Working is not very satisfactory. No comments No comments No comments
Pros
Less Pressure job.
Cons
No clear local growth strategies.
1.A fun palce to work 2. Learned lot of good practices like employee engaugement 3. Alot of freedom from management to accomplish you tasks.
Pros
team lunches
Cons
No clear path for carrer development