Aptara logo

Clear
Work-Life Balance
Pay & Benefits

Best for females

Good work life balance for women due to morning shifts. Salary is not much high and increment process is not good but the environment is good, that matters

People-centric organization, loved by all!!

Aptara knows how to value their assets and give value to ones who matter the most.. their employee!!! They may not be best pay-masters, but really know how to keep people motivated and happy.. timely promotions, hand-holdings, open environment and daily challenges gives one an opportunity to learn and grow .. Having said that, it is vendor to most of the publishers, and will always stay one... so, we are always at the receiving end...

Pros

People-centric approach.

Cons

Not the best pay-masters; Vendor

Good Experience

Actually it was my first company. i am very excited before i joined this company. my team was awesome, i am only one fresher in my team so all guys are support me. they teaches me lot of things. overall experience was fabulous.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the client to deal with.

very productive work place

company focused on production so that we have improved our efficiency. And it was my first opportunities to understand about a corporate culture .

Aptara learning Private Limited - Financial Analyst

It was a very interactive and team-oriented job. We had to prepare the financial statements using XBRL format of the companies worldwide for submission to the SEBI. It helped me understand the various ways to deal with the balance sheet of the companies. Solve errors technically. It was a U.S based publishing and e-learning company with around 200 and more employees.The work culture was excellent and we had to attend training every week. There was a hard time doing the continuous night shifts for weeks and targets to be met during the time period.

Good Company

Overall its a Good company. But Some rules are really hard. some of them are unnecessary. long hours shift or 6 days working optios makes few trouble.

Pros

Cons

Unnecessary rules

Good company in terms of growth opportunities, helps in enhancing the limits, relaible, but dont keep the salary expectation high.

I started my career with this organization and have acheived many things in my life.

It provides work, experience, dignity, sense of satisfaction and sense of job security. Great place to work! I thoroughly enjoyed my service tenure there and, still today, I would like to rejoin this organization if goy a chance. This is the place where you talent got recognized and rewarded.

Pros

stability

not very satisfactory workplace

Job wasn't very satisfactory. Salary was very less and workload too much. I have learnt copy editing and proof reading skills by working there. I was placed in this company from my college. It was a 6-days a week job. Working hours were from 6:30 a.m to 3:00 p.m

Cons

long hours and less salary

Work Culture is okay

Okay work culture but too much of happening lately. Aptara was a good organization to work with earlier but I think I should be moving on and explore more. Recently done PMP though been practicing project management as well as functional management from many years. Work culture is not what Aptara used to have earlier. Too much of attrition now.

Pros

Good Management

Great Management and provides a lot of opportunity to grow

The company had a straight policy, perform and you can grow exponentially within the firm. Required a lot of hard work and commitment, but it all is worth it as they know the value their employees.

productivity and being fun at work time

- How to work under pressure time - meeting correct time for deliveries - Team Handling - been enjoyed in workkplace also work will be delivered on time

Nice place

Aptara Trivandrum is a nice place to work. The Trivandrum operations VP has created a good culture here. Though entry level employees get paid less, TL's and above get paid well. Off late, there are some cost cutting measures. But I am sure, things will change for good by 2015 end.

Company is good but there is not career opportunity

When we don't have job and we have to passe 8 hours quietly at chair that is very typically day at work. I have learned there Quark express, Indesign, XID job process and actually I have learned there print media working system. I spent there my 10 years. There is unnecessary much more management this is not quiet good. All my co-workers are too cooperative even they are junior or senior. When we work hard but not produced much more pages that is our hardest part of the job. When we work on project and get appreciation for our our work.

Work at Aptara

It is a great company to work with and be associated. I enjoy my work here. We are like family here, helping seniors and cooperative coworkers. From editing, writing to proof reading, I have learned to be a patient, soft spoken and already ready to help person. I have made great friends here and the job has been satisfying.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Location, salary

Good learning Place.

You Can learn all the basics of management functions in this company.

Pros

Shift based

Cons

Little growth

Summarizing the various transcripts related to U.S. law, could summarize a maximum of more than 250 pages per day

Could summarize about 250 pages per day in accordance to specific style, pattern and following certain guidelines. Increase in typing speed and efficiency in MS-Word and Internet Management was highly supportive and proper training was provided Co-workers were very comfortable to work with; they were highly supportive and there was a chemistry between coworkers The hardest part of the job was the numerous pages, like more than 300 pages to be handled on particular days The most enjoyable part of the job was the team job which related to combine file that was provided to a team and output provided as a result of the combined effort made by the team

Pros

Break time and leisure period in between strenous work

Cons

Ideal sitting posture for long hours, travelling

Hire and fire policy, Sr. Managers play a high level of politics, zero appreciation of work

Aptara is a place where you will find the Sr. Management to be least involved with people on the floor. Their source of information (without validation) are Account managers who manipulate data and people at their discretion. There are long hours of work with zero appreciation. The clients will appreciate your work but the company wont. Appraisals are pathetic. HR is completely governed by Sr. Management and has zero say in things. Work culture sucks. My personal opinion, not a great place to work at all.

Productive and Fun Workplace

By the grace of god there was not any typical day. I learned a lot at my work place my seniors were very cooperative they always helped me when I was needed. The management was also very good they understands the job requirement and provided the best possible solutions. The hardest part of the job was shift timing because it was operated 24 X 7 we had to change our shift after every 15 days. The company organised the cultural day sports day which was very enjoyable part of that job.

Pros

Free Launches

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and fun workplace

Excellent company, learned people, professional environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aptara. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Aptara with