Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,177 reviews
Happy to work and have a good helpful nature from the collegues, a good place to improve our skills and learn how to develop a application in a staged process.
Pros
Nice
Cons
Na
I was excited to work at Arrow Electronics until I found out that the company doesn't give yearly raises; ends in 5 years. The point system is the worst I ever seen. You get a point if your sick, or use you vacation. That's crazy! You get sick time but you still get a point in you get sick.
Pros
Work is not to hard
Cons
No brakes
Top senior management was recently terminated. Low morale, and high absenteeism for the hourly associates due to 6 day work week snd 10+ hours per day. The supervisors are overworked and also work 6 days a week, many managers have quit to be able to have a work-life balance.
Pros
The salary is decent
Cons
No work-life balance for hourly associates and for the supervisors
I was at Arrow 7 years probably 2 years to much it’s a good place to work for a maximum of 5 years (5 years out lol). You willLearn a lot and make some good contacts but it’s a stepping stone not a long term career very few get into management and that’s a good old club that you gotta be part of from day one. Trust me I tried but the sales manager had his own aspirations and held back a lot of talented people.Leaving was the best move I ever made otherwise I would be holding a bag trying to get registrations that are 75% BSUse them early in your career and use the distribution experience to get into a main stream company or manufacture.Distribution is s bank and only fulfillment it is not sustainable
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
This is where you want to work to get your foot in the door for an I.T position . You get trained for a couple weeks . Basically computer and laptops hard drives wipe.
Pros
You learn alot.
Cons
Strict attendance.
I have worked at Arrow for 3.75 years. In that time they have had several lay offs and situations where they move entire departments overseas. I have had 5 managers and all but 1 have been petty tyrants and not knowledgeable in the work that is done by their employees. There is not a path for advancement.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafateria
Cons
Poor management, poor pay and no path for advancement.
From the top down, no respect for flexibility or care for employees. Forced back to the office before it was legal in the county. No raises for two years.
They don’t want to develop true expertise contributing to the company but do want to manage costs. They are constantly laying off staff to save money.
Pros
Freedom, not much extra time, compensation
Cons
No raises, constant layoffs bad for morale, no real accountability.
In the beginning great place to work. No room for growth. Yes we had wfh options but when company moved to CO they wouldn’t allow us to be remote full time. But at that same time we had full time remote staff but people in Solon were not allowed to become full time remote workers. Doesn’t make sense that a tech company wouldn’t allow more full time remote employees
Great culture. Fun place to work. Fast paced integration work makes the shifts go quickly. Good pay, benefits, and opportunity for advancement. Excellent engineering support.
Pros
Culture, training, clean work environment
Cons
I worked there over 8 years ago and since they have relocated HO to Denver Co. But looking back when I worked there, it was a Really nice place to work and get along with your co workers and management team. Recommend.
Benefits
Cons
like all jobs you have people who you simply can not please
Great environment for associates with a leadership team that cares but HR does not. HR is an absolute joke and clearly does not want to be bothered and just pushes us to a stupid kiosk or dont even speak to us because the doors are always closed and office is empty by 4PM despite various warehouse schedules.
Pros
Great schedule and pay with air conditioned warehouse
Cons
Benefits, absolutely no HR support or availability
Toxic culture and backstabbing teammates being encouraged by Managers unfortunately. Worst ever working experience I had. Waste of time. No learning. Worst work culture and no professionalism at all.
Pros
On time salary
Cons
No room for advancement in sales unless living and working in Colorado. They will always pile on the work without asking if it can feasibly be completed.
Pros
Good industry and paid paternal leave
Cons
The work, management, and overall culture
Everyday I was being used a fall back guy to help work in multiple areas. Nothing was in order and confusing about what your role is. Management was clueless.
Pros
start time
Cons
role definition
In my time here, it has gone from a 40 hour work week, with occasional overtime. To a 60 to 70 hour work week with having 2 days off in a row being a rarity. Management only cares about their bonus checks and they are willing to work you to death you to get it. Morale and standards use to be high, now both are almost non existent. You never get praised for a good job, but will always here about mistakes. They also don't believe in cross training. So opportunities for advancement are extremely rare. When they do become available favoritism is given to those that suck up, over those that work hard.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Management only cares about $$$
Benefits are not great. Very few interactions outside of your team. People are constantly at each other’s throats in order to not look bad in front of management. Constant escalations and “urgent” requests that become fires to put out.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Culture, benefits
I've known people who haven't gotten pay increases in 8 years. Seems like they use whatever excuse they can for not giving out raises...even though they made money every year. They set some unrealistic goals that often their system can't measure or are not viable for the position or workload. Being on the frontline in AP or AR would be the least appreciated roles. But most positions are extremely overloaded and under supported. Coworkers try to support each other as much as possible though.
Pros
Working from home is possible in some roles.
Cons
No room for advancement, layoffs & outsourcing in 2021
I worked in the Denver office when they implemented the unlimited time off and it was abused by management and when I would request time off it was 20 questions. The training was also a joke and was the reason I left after 8 months. There are too many “old guard” our way is the highway people and if you don’t buy into their way of doing things they will force you out. Horrible company to work for! It would be snowing and they would expect you to come in the office only to release you to go home when the snowstorm got bad. So you want me to risk my life on the road to come to work and drive home? There were a fair amount of us who drove over an hour to get to work so we took this behavior pretty seriously.
Pros
Cafeteria, great location
Cons
Micromanager, bad management
Most enjoyable part of my job: Work with a wonderful team of people! I love the folks I work on a daily basis!Challenges: Although the pay is fair per the market - Yearly changes to comp plans make it unpredictable, and seemingly more and more unattainable Management: leadership realignments annually, very difficult to create a GTM when the team is constantly changing. In turn, does a disservice to our customers.
Arrow is a fantastic company to work for and really took care of their employees, TM and management alike. They had monthly meeting and food to discuss issues and show appreciation
  1. Employee Reviews