Banaras Hindu University

• Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Excellent Working in BHU

The University is known for its high level of research. The facility and room provided for the research is great. The support and international platform is there to reach anywhere in the world.

Condescending colleagues

Some of my colleagues, in general, were not helpful during my graduate research assistantship/intern. Occasionally this behavior was not helpful in motivating me to continue pursuing research.

At BHU I was just an intern without getting any salary. There I was selected on basis of my knowledge and my CV.

I was working in IIT BHU for 2 months as my summer internship. I just enjoyed the environment and encouragement got from there. I used to manage my work within time and got appreciated also.

Lovely place to study

It's a great place of learning, competition,fun and great human values.The best thing that I personally loved about this university is the calmness of campus a very cool,calm and free environment to learn, enhance and explore.

It has a competitive work environment therefore a lot of experience can be achieved

One must be strong enough to manipulate and work on its own, should have complete basic knowledge as no one is going to explain word to word. Should develop a good reading habbit specially in terms of research journals papers etc. It is advisable to develop a good image and make great contacts with the senior co workers.

Working in the city of temples

Working in Banaras Hindu University is quite enjoyable as the city is full of fun and entertainment. At the same time it is quite stressful and very competitive. But overall experience is quite nice as I learned there how to work in competitive environment.

productive and fun filled

It is a good place to work and one can learn a lot but with a lot of effort. Some times it is diffcult to conduct research. You can have a lot of fun here but that will cost you later.

Ok ok place

Not the best place in the world to work as grad student or postdoctoral fellow. A lot of additional responsibilities like teaching and invigilations are given in addition to the research work. Most of the times fellowship is also delayed y 2-3 months.

Secured Job

Nice place to work. Enjoyable part was my research work. Hardest part was to deal with administrative and office people, which makes your daily work difficult

A very good work place

Banaras hindu university is best place for conducting research in basic sciences. The environment of university is very peaceful and full with greenery.

The best seat of learning

The place is a paradise for the knowledge seekers. This is one of the best university of our country for many decades.Iearned here not only physics but almost everything which a curious person could learn. The departmental as well as central library system with online library are excellent.

Nice relaxed place to study and work.

BHU is a nice place to study and work. Though sometimes the laidback attitude of the city can get on the nerves of a workaholic. Eventually this place does allow a person to grow intellectually and professionally if he or she so desires.

Pros

Great campus.

Cons

Average work-culture

Good for learn.

Work hard in that place. Good to learn Friendly environment

Pros

no limit for time boundation

Cons

good enviroment

good but i want government job. It is good but now i am not working here.

I have learned here so many things related to my academic mainly in the field of Micropaleontology & Paleocenography for the Ph. D. degree.

Pros

hostel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banaras Hindu University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2