Bank of India

Bank of India Employee Reviews

India173 reviews

bankbankingorganisationbranchsectorcooperativeloangovernment

Working in Bank Of India is great. Learnt a lot in Banking

Salary structure and leave policies are quite good. The hardest part of the job is transfer Policy , where you cannot work in a position/branch for more than 3 years, one will be transferred to other branch/location.

Pros

Leave policies, job security

Cons

Long working hours, work pressure is quite much

Excellent work culture and fruitful experience

The bank with good background, culture and foundation. Where I learnt the nuances of work culture, team development and career development throughout my 38 years in this great institution.

Pros

Good support

Bank of India insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Average

It is a mid size in Indian public sector bank with international presence. The job security is good. Working environment is satisfactory. Work life balance also exists.

It depends on which department you get posted.

The company is good overall.Being government bank,there are specific ways in which things works.In case you have worked earlier in private sector specially sales side of the banking business, you will love it.

Cons

Considered talent. Provided opportunity for career advancement

Good work culture Loved work with it. Best managementLearnt how to carry people with you for achieving corporate goals working at different places assuming different roles as required by the Great institution

Pros

Banking Industry structured Salary/benefits. liberal benefits in rate of interest in deposits, concessional rate in advance, credit cards, locker facilities and insurance premium reimbursement and other facilities offered

Cons

Not any during my tenure serving with the bank

Good workplace. However, targets are tight

Job security and benefits are superb. Health insurance, perks are excellent. However, tech side is little bit outdated. Job growth opportunities are great. Overall,great

Good bank to work with

Bank has given me a lot in my career. However having poor promotion policy and posting policy. Due to intervention of Government staff could not perform productive work.

Pros

Good work culture, job security

Cons

Low pay and higher accountability.

Do not join this or any PSB. Only if you want to be a big fish in a small pond full of incompetent management . Good luck on getting a good transfer or recognition if you don't know how to kiss the right spots of the right person.

Pros

Na

Cons

Don't get me started

Secured till it is privatised

Good for those who want to work in government sector. Other than that there are office politics and about work culture, if you are coming from a technical sector then it wont live upto the corporate world.

encouraging

feel proud working with bank of india. i worked in almost all the segments of banking specially general banking operations. customers satisfaction with the service rendered by our team gave a feel of pleasure and satisfaction.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of India?

I joined the Bank in 1969.

I enjoyed working at the bank at different places and different positions. The entire staff was awsome and cooperative barring few exceptions as humans.

Pros

Nothing to say

Cons

Nothing to say

Secure job but wrong management policies towards employees

I think everything could be fine if the management just removes unnecessary pressure on employees because of transfers. Anything goes on and you are supposed to be transferred. Even malicious complaints by customers results in transfers. Unions do protect to some extent but favouritism is rampant there as well. Management needs to understand that just focusing on performance should be the criteria not the location and favouritism.

Pros

Secure unless you make a blunder.

Cons

Unnecessary pressure by zonal officials and staff shortage.

Very productive and enjoyable work place.

Bank of India biggest group in a banking sector. These are leading many Banks undertaking government of India. Also these are handled to many prosperous scheams for people. Working environment is very good and fantastic. Bank of India group has very sincere for his employees.

Pros

Yes I had got free launch.

Cons

No more long hours

Work place

It's been a very good to work and specifically for females. They're treated like 👍. And very good for ex service personal All the benefits are available without any problem

Pros

Free launches

Ok

Overall working here is fine..It's a govt bank therefore there are few issues with technology driven few products but the main transaction software is fine. Staff are very customer friendly by large.

Pros

Govt job

Cons

Growth stagnates after sometime

Very encouraging management and overall staff, customer dealing can be stressful at times.

As they upgrade technology in banking systems they provide high quality training, that helps to keep the staff motivated gives a sense of security, some times commute can be difficult due to posting in remote areas.

Not very good experiences o have had there, there is favoritism

I would say there is a lot of biasness, employees are paid very less and the work culture is stressful. The promotion process is extremely slow and the growth opportunities are less.

Good job

Job at higher up is little stressful but there had been a competitive target based business for the organisation. Good relations with customers pays a good and safe job.Please try to love your job like your second lover if not first. You will enjoy.

Good Environment

Good Environment was there,so we was enjoying that environment.Good place for work and Learning.Colleagues was very supportive for any work.Good support from the management and all are very easy to understand.

A good organisation to work with

I worked with various branches and i learned a lot,earned a lot of respect from staff as well as customers.It was my 5 golden years.It gave me a direction and help me reach my goals. Staff is real good.

Poor work culture

Highly rigid hierarchy Poor work life balance. Always in urgency and call for work on holidays, extended hours without any compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bank of India with