Bank of India

Bank of India Employee Reviews

Overall working here is fine..It's a govt bank therefore there are few issues with technology driven few products but the main transaction software is fine. Staff are very customer friendly by large.
Pros
Govt job
Cons
Growth stagnates after sometime
As they upgrade technology in banking systems they provide high quality training, that helps to keep the staff motivated gives a sense of security, some times commute can be difficult due to posting in remote areas.
I would say there is a lot of biasness, employees are paid very less and the work culture is stressful. The promotion process is extremely slow and the growth opportunities are less.
Job at higher up is little stressful but there had been a competitive target based business for the organisation. Good relations with customers pays a good and safe job.Please try to love your job like your second lover if not first. You will enjoy.
Cons
Good Environment was there,so we was enjoying that environment.Good place for work and Learning.Colleagues was very supportive for any work.Good support from the management and all are very easy to understand.
I worked with various branches and i learned a lot,earned a lot of respect from staff as well as customers.It was my 5 golden years.It gave me a direction and help me reach my goals. Staff is real good.
Highly rigid hierarchy Poor work life balance. Always in urgency and call for work on holidays, extended hours without any compensation.
You have to work hard and work smart now a days everywhere. You must have a can do attitude for your company and for yourself also to succeed in life.
It was great working for bank of India. The environment was quite relaxed and all the employees seem to be keen on learning and customer centric. The pay is good and there are good additional incentives
The experience of working at Bank of India is fantastic and looking for fair carire opportunity to excel in organization faster and sooner to match industry expectations
Very Proactive up to the Mark. Very sensitive in customer care service, Very nice work culture .This bank specially takes care of Sr, Citizens, ladies, School Children and of course Corporate Businessmen. Deals with customer friendly business with hassle free service.
Pros
Free Lunches while meetings day long.
My Job at Bank of India was very dynamic as i was supposed to be multi-tasker from credit officer to recovery officer , alongside generate business for the deposit portfolio of the branch . Dealing with complaints of customers and finding them the resolution .
Gained an understanding of banking procedures by closely monitoring Managers Learned new materials, processes and programs quickly to maximize performance. Maintained high levels of efficiency during training by taking detailed notes and asking questions
Start working at Bank of India in 1974 at the age of 21... worked as computer operator, cashier in charge, head of the department, assistant manager.... experience working in HR deptt., Foreign exchange deptt, accounting and credit/finance department, cash deptt, and other deptt like agriculture and retail banking... learned to achieve goals, to face the challenges, and work under different work culture... to achieve the hardest target was very difficult task but to achieve it was a great pleasure too... and to have work friendly atmosphere was a plus point for me... really it was a more than 40 years duration to work for the esteemed institution which I believe as my mother, who feed me my bread and butter...
Pros
Enjoyed to work at Bank of India...
Cons
Worked as Head of Cash department when retired
I feel the organisation is great and ensures a competitive envirnment . However one must understand that the job security is the best assured thing here
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Very long working hours
Manned different branches as a manager, senior branch manager, and chief manager for the past 35 years. Had achieved the target as set in the year to year budget. worked as team leader by carrying the branch as a team. inspirted the newly recruited staffs to be knowledgable and contribute effectively to the achievement and prosperity of the branch and bank as whole.
Very much satisfied while working with area office along with my boss and subordinate s,and shared beautiful moments till last day of my service .Also had a great experience with branches comes under our office and their heads which I could share my views .
Being a nationalised bank , Bank of India has to comply Govt.guidelines.But work culture is rich and conservative in standard.Good Management , good atmosphere and staff friendly.I felt quite very dignified working there.
I Completed My all Qualification while I was on the job.in the bank initialy promotion was restructive.I have work with heavy Br.Mannual in those day.or Partially Mannual Br Worked Mostly in Administrative Office at The time of Clerical Duty but After Promotion I was given Operational Br
Yes off course really it was good to me have here with the bank of India and I wish I will do batter job with my experienced collegeous and do hard and smart work.
cleanliness at working place Excellent staff Enjoyed and learned from work at bank of India Sum staff member was so lazy to solve customer's problem.
  1. Employee Reviews