Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

good learning atmosphere and competitive job that demands high technical expertise. Also good performers are recognised and promoted. Equal opportunity for all is there.
It's a mid size company. Overall nice company to work for. Lots of opportunities to learn. Good co-workers. Leadership opportunities. Lots of meeting. It can get stressful sometimes.
Pros
Good co-workers, assay testing technology, free coffee, work life balance work
Cons
Pay is average, slow growth, average benefits, can be stressful.
Great Company to start your career! Very interesting domain of work and proud to work for a good cause. One downside is that career advancement can be limiting for engineers.
Work is plentiful, so job security is always there. The team is really knowledgeable and supportive. Management doesn't play to its teams strengths often enough which hurts moral throughout the company. Pay raises are sorely needed for the level of work, but pay isn't bottom of the barrel either.
Ambiente stimolante ,ottima retribuzione, mi sono trovato molto bene, ci ho lavorato assieme a mio padre per più di 15 anni
The job was challenging until we got laid off. Our positions got moved offshore just before the pandemic hit. Otherwise, the company had nice benefits
Pros
Had a good core dept group
Cons
not transparent enough
Great company to work with, innovative, and highly competitive. It is an amazing organization with a great history for innovation. I highly recommend this organization to everyone who wants to experience scientific growth.
É muita competitividade.. Empresa dividida entre quem trabalha e quem adula o chefe. Quem trabalha é desvalorizado e quem adula recebe aumento.
Outubro/2019 à Abril/2020 Manutenções preditivas, preventivas e corretivas em equipamentos de diagnóstico laboratorial, abertura e fechamento de O.S. Gestão e controle de entradas e saídas de peças no estoque.
Worked for the company for 10 years. Always changing due to management decisions. You never feel safe at you role. The company only cares about the bottom line and the stock price. Most managers dont even have transparency to upper levels yet they talk about integrity.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
organization, management, benefits
I was hired by Danaher for their Beckman Coulter office in Miami with good benefits and competitive salary. I was lured in by their compelling mission to attract the best people and reward them accordingly. Unfortunately Beckman Coulter's patriarchal, bureaucratic leaders suppress any motivation or contribution of new ideas from members of the team resulting in zero innovation and being the reason why Beckman has lagged behind their competitors. They just keep marketing the same instruments with a bit of stale make-up on them. It was a toxic environment, filled with gossip, nepotism, non-existent on the job training and worst of all slow paced response to customers, I found it to be an extremely low results-oriented culture which had a negative impact on the overall company's success.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
Worst office politics, gossip, favoritism, nepotism, no opportunities for advancement
As a former employee of 4 years, I was reviewed by a manager without any technical skills what so ever picking a possible employee. I have been trained on their systems and a former employee. with an outstanding record of achievement. Women are more and more being placed in a position because the company is balancing out their management team with race and gender NOT people who are properly qualified. My search now is for a company that PROMOTES FROM WITHI MAKING IT FAIR TO ALL.
I never been in a place with a high level of racism before! Beckman Coulter have the worst management with people who dont really care about the employees.please god help those people that still working there.
Pros
Anything
Cons
Since the parent company took over, it seems there are layoffs every year. I suppose its the nature of the business to be competitive. I enjoyed my time there, as I started in the warehouse and worked up.
Pros
Proven strong company.
Cons
Job security
Worked with a good team of people that allowed you to tackle very difficult and challenging tasks on a day to day basis. The new product development team has a great working group and are very approachable
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Management didn't know how to run the floor
West Sacramento site is a toxic site. Management only cares about metrics and they care about employees when the annual employee engagement survey comes. Danaher Business System (DBS), a hybrid concept of Toyota Manufacturing Systems, is implemented throughout the organization. It provides a clear view of the business and the need for improvement. It's a great way to maintain existing product lines but not so much for innovation. Management focus solely on metrics and nothing else.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Toxic work environment
Ótima equipe técnica, porém sem sinergia e falta de alinhamento entre setores. Principalmente o comercial.
Pros
Qualidade dos equipamentos
Cons
Comercial não sabe negociar contratos
not good place to workmanagement badwork is not safehardest part of job never good for your supervisornot liked work at alltypical day at work rush rush rush nothing came correct so much place is like mad house
Beckman Coulter is highly focused on business of immuno assay and diagnostic testing for high-quantity accounts. The business importance and severity has gone exponential with the Covid-19 outbreak.
Expresar tus experiencias de cada empresa donde has trabajado
Pros
Seguro médico
I was brought on as a contract worker full time and was warmly welcomed by my team. My department had a family type relationship with each other and I was treated fairly. My job was to monitor the company's website and document errors and improvements. I often did a lot of tedious work but when I reached out to help in other areas of the department I was usually added to another task. The work environment is clean, mostly quiet, and welcoming. My department went on several team outing during the 11 months I was there including Punch Bowl Social, Main Event, IMS track practice, and several team pitch ins. The building also has a track around the big pond in the back plus an on-site gym which offered classes. If you forgot lunch or need a snack that have a convenient vending area where you can buy both fresh food items and packaged snacks and drinks. I enjoyed working here but my only complaint is that I was led on to believe that the company was going to sign me on for a regular full time position out of contract. My future at the company took a quick turn when they decided to let me go due to staffing cost.
Pros
Nice clean bathrooms, on-site gym, free coffee, vending/cafeteria area, casual dress, regular team outings
Cons
Very few opportunity for advancement, priority based on money making, department cliques, subpar management