Bharat Aluminium Company

Bharat Aluminium Company Employee Reviews

India61 reviews

Productive and friendly workplace

Overall my formal company workplace was fully friendly and productive. We worked as one team. Management was co-operative, responsible, and very caring for their employees.

Nice working environment, senior are supportive All person are helpful, whenever needed . Safety drill always organized. Training on your department always provide for new comers

Bharat Aluminium Company insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Good work environment and job assurance.

I have been working there at Balco since 2006. From the very first day to up to today I consider myself fortunate to have become part of successful journey of Balco. Balco has significant contribution in development of our nation, be it defence or be it space or automobile sector. I wish Balco to continue its journey and become world's best company.

I am to suggest to care the staffs in critical time which can be seen by the decision of management. They easily throw the employees in dustbin.

One who have no job may apply for job in balco otherwise no.The top management are rude and focus on paper safety.HR department are lazy.But salary is attractive.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Bad management

Best experience of my life

Bharat aluminum company is one of the most aluminum producer company. The great work experience and tough challenges I faced. Ground learning is there which make us capable to fight with all kind of challenges.

Average company to work with

I am working here since 2008. I am working as GM Commercial. Work culture is ok.A cost driven company. Needs to improve HR practises. An integrated aluminium producer company.

Everything fine

It was a great experience to work in Bharat Aluminium Private Limited. It's a very big industry associated with CG government and operated by Vedanta, with a high production rate of metal.

Productive and Tense

Balco is Follow Vedanta Highly Safety Standard Which is Give very Confident For Every Employee and Balco is working in Women Empowerment Also.Balco is Better For Hospital Facility .

Challenging Workplace

Lot of opportunities if you want to do work, represent your idea with proofs & assured benefits, this company provide you full support. But work life balance is very poor, you can be called any time. Township is there with all amenities but houses are as old as more than 50 years.

Production Engineer

 Handled all the functions of operation and process area in the charge of the Digester and Pre-Desilication.  Identifying problems or bottlenecks in the production processes of Alumina refining operations.  Prepared and maintaining schedules of equipment changeover foreseeing the operation and maintenance requirement.

Working there was literally fun... I used to enjoy working.

Work environment was amazing. Work culture and colleagues were helping and friendly. No excess work pressure was put on me. And my manager taught me most of work which i must needed to learn.

Team is supportive, most of the day, new jobs arises with now challlenges. Apart from salary many other benefits are provided like medical. Training conducted to update with new challenges

Pros

Salary

Cons

Job satisfaction

productive

Nice place to work . Always believe in yourself Provides all opportunity to succeed. excellent township with all facilities. clubs and so many cultural activities

Heaven for production engineers

Good learning Found too much micro management Management need to start relying on resources Good company Perks should be higher Best PArt: Project team Hardest part: Less Salary

near by my native ,good township and life

in march 2017 when power plant blackout and all pots are in shut down after all pots started with full o resurces, work culture is good but manpower is very less as per olant capacity.raw material procurement quality issues.

Pros

no free lunches

Cons

ok

Good for fresher experience

Stringent Management. Remote Location. No personal Life. No Growth. Biased management.. Personal & professional growth not at all possible. No change provided. Only work. HR is not at all transparent.

Pros

Less time to reach office

Cons

No Growth

Good place for a person with fire in the belly

Balco is a good place to work if you are required to put in your more than 100 per cent on the job. As in most of manufacturing industries, there are a set of challenges that are unique to this location. The success of a candidate depends on the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure and the willingness to go the extra mile for achieving the business plan target, with a relentless drive for cost control.

Pros

Variable pay, township, medical facilities

Good to work

A very good place for starters and there is good amount for exposures as the employees are given both the responsibility at an very early stage. Mgmt is very considerate

An opportunity to beginners, freshers are exposed to vast learning environment (Technical and Managerial Skills) .

It's a place where young engineers can groom themselves as the opportunity is open and vast at both operational and managerial level, Young engineers are given huge responsibilities at very initial level. which is rare in very big organization. I have learned to work in team as well as to lead a team depending upon the requirement of job in short now i know how to be result (output) oriented and be productive for organization. Management of the company need to be applauded as whole management (team) made the company to survive during acute recession when LME sinked. The hardest part of the the job is its work cultre . Worklife balance is really disturbed. Delights were missing other benefits and perks were not attractive. But the best part of the job is that the employee have job security. Overall its good to start with the company it gives opportunity to learn and sustain.

Pros

Learning opportunity, Job security

Cons

Long and tiring working hours and no conveyence facilities and no free lunches very slow growth

Good Place to work

I was responsible for Procurement activities for 4x300MW Power Project at BALCO ( KORBA) and my reporting was to GM - Procurement who used to sit in Bhubhneshwar office. My main profile was to get the guidance from my reporting boss and perform work as per his advise. I learnt a lot there in BALCO.

Pros

Good Boss. Good working culture.

Exp

Good place to work and work ethic is well. management is cooperative. culture of workplace is quite nice. team is always good. salary is good. efforts for betterment is highly motivated .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bharat Aluminium Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bharat Aluminium Company with

Learn about Bharat Aluminium Company in popular locations

• Bharat Aluminium Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?