BMC

BMC Pay & Benefits reviews

I don’t have any complaints about BMC‘s treatement of me as an employee. Their policy is strict and it does cause a lot of turnover. The office personnel are friendly and helpful.
Pros
1 Free lunch every month, great 401k, half hour break and lunch, health care plan is sufficient.
Cons
Strict attendance and performance policies
Inappropriate and inexperienced management. Pays minimum even though your hauling lumber all day . Your 40 hr week is worked in a 6 day form. Since covid no help has come from BMC, instead our hours where cut , no hazard pay. Our equipment is trash if we do actually have the right equipment for the job wich most of the time we don’t .
Pros
Forklift license
Cons
Low pay for the work, horrible management. Stress inducing environment
Was a driver than got put in warehouse. Never got back in a truck and never got my 90 day raise. Romeo in warehouse is a joke. Old man Ford up front only cares about the people in the office. The people in the warehouse are the backbone of the company and are treated unfriendly.
Overall the jobs was good. The job security was good. They are very flexible. I would definitely recommend a new MA graduate to work here. This is a great place to gain experience, and work short term.
15 to 16 dollars starting and dont expect raises. The manager lies like crazy dont let him fool you. The supervisor has nothing but family working there and they will never be happy with the amount of work the plant will produce
Overall it is a great company to work for. Just wish they have better benefits and more opportunities for advancement. Other then that again is a great company to work for.
Pros
Company is statewide.
Cons
Lack of communication from management.
While working at BMC I was forced to be extremely independent and creative, I believe such work environment is necessary to build a set of toughness that is necessary for most jobs these days.
While working this job I learned the meaning of dead end job. The work days there are very long, on average you work 6 days a week for 12 hours a day. The management is lazy or at other times act like overseers on a plantation. The work environment is dangerous and very nasty, with the only thing being more nasty is the attitude of the management. There is no air conditioning or heat in the winter. The temperature can reach over 115 degrees inside the building easily during the summer time. Which would be okay for some if they paid you what you are worth. The pay there actually starts around $9 an hour for builders with no chance for a raise, I know people who have worked there for a few years and never received a raise. They offer you no water to drink, the bathrooms look like a scene from a horror movie, and benefits are just not worth it. The plant manager is the definition of a racist, she only promotes people of the same Hue! If anyone on here is giving this company a good review its management and they are not being honest!!!!!!
Expected to do the job of 2-3 people. Will not give you a due raise. Hand carrying product all day. Kills your body. When other employees dont care to do their job. It's your responsibility to do it then. There is an entire list of reasons not to work here. Management- from the very top down. Other employees- most dont care and dont care to do their job.
Not the best place to work but has reliable consistent hours. Management isn’t reliable by any means. Warehouse is often a mess and employees take advantage of the lackadaisical work ethic of supervisors.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BMC?
Well this was I would have to say a good review BMC place to work and we get free food once a month for lunch as long as you do your job and you stay busy at BMC.
Pros
Free lunches every month forget it free lunch
Cons
It seems that they could be a little bit better but the benefits are pretty good
I worked with the company over a year and I didn’t get a raise or anything. You do a lot of heavy lifting and really ain’t getting paid anything for it drivers get paid more than riders and do the same job.
Pros
Cons
No break, no raise, no life outside of work
It was a challenge for me, I learned a new tool to create purchase orders name TREND. I really like this purchasing tool. The management team was really profesional and respectful. The hardest part was to learn about TREND. Also, I worked with huge excel files but I really enjoyed. I was part of a few office events and it was really good to know more coworkers. I enjoyed to work with Corporate Managers on different files/projects needed. I enjoyed my time working for BMC.
Pros
Attend meetings, and conferences to learn about this new industry.
Cons
I was a temp, no benefits.
A great place to work. Over the road jobs are always hiring and benefits fits the needs of the drivers. I would recommend them to any driver who doesn't mind long haul.
Es una compañia.muy exijente con sus empleados,no valoran tu expwriencia respecto al pago es una miseria.pero.eso si te exijen produccion aun trabajando con gente sin experiencia ,o y no puedes decir nada emcontra de sua reglamnetos porque simplemente te.coreen.
Pros
Bueno para los novatos y adquirir experiwncia
Cons
El pago es misero.
Roligt jobb jobbade som både kallskänka och servitris
Pros
gratis lunch
Cons
inga
Prettige werkgever. Veel mogelijkhedne om jezelf te ontwikkelen en te overleggen met seniors.
Pros
Leuke randzaken
Cons
Salaris aan de lage kant
Prachtbedrijf om voor te werken! Ik merk tijdens de gesprekken met professionals en opdrachtgvers ook echt dat ze het nieuwe BMC (in combi met Yacht) een mooie toevoeging vinden! We zijn een grote speler, maar weten de persoonlijke aandacht goed te behouden. Dat wordt gezien en gewaardeerd. Wat ik zelf heel mooi vind is dat we zowel junior als senior medewerkers kunnen leveren en dat we echt een loopbaan kunnen bieden aan de kandidaat. Trots om voor zo'n mooie werkgever te werken!
Pros
Grote speler, betrokken, inhoudelijk
iyi bir firma kişisel gelişime önem verir ücret politikası iyi
Pros
öğle yemeği
Arkadaşlık ortamı çok güzel yoğun ve ağır iş temposu
Pros
Servis yemek
Cons
Dökümhanenin ortamı tozlu
Get to experience freelance work world which is very fun! The payment was okay and the food is provided which is great! The team was friendly aswell. Overall great experience and very fun! Get to travel to different places.
Pros
food and transport are provided
Cons
very tiring