BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews in Solihull

I found the working environment friendly and respectful. Managers there get employee feedback monthly. I felt I contributed to business improvements.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
Travelling distance
Not how you think they are. Only 1-2 mangers that was supportive would help. Rest had fav and some adviser would start talking behind other members back. Toxic place.
Cons
Very long hours
helping and easy to approach employees great management and migration team was great. location and office was middle of the town so easy access to other facilities
For the job of call centre agent, demands are too high. Company is very slow to answer customers' emails. Working with very poor IT systems is quite embarrassing when explaining company shortcomings to customers.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Salary not sufficient
A great environment to work in. The people are what makes a great place to work and BNP Paribas does not disappoint. The role I undertook was in places difficult, but fun.
Good training, and setting. good shifts to work, business open 365 days, good friendly setting.good place to get to from various areas as Solihull is easy to commute to.
Good for experience in the banking department and good for gaining knowledge and insight of how finance works. Build customer service experience and also enhance current skills.
Pros
Can pray
Cons
Work load and less pay
Constant calls, always under test. Everything is timed including toilet. Difficult topics to discuss and lots to remember and do all at once and have to be accurate.
Pros
Good staff, good location
Cons
Young managers, timed everything, competition and stat mointering not looking at real world.
BNP Paribas i a good place to work for the past three years i have worked alongside a lot of hardworking colleagues and given support from Managers in the call center. The disappointing this is that it never last this good what i mean by that when the call center gets extremely busy BNP don't seem to have enough numbers to deal with the ques whihc leads to backlash from our customers. This is in turn leads to my colleagues leaving the call center and finding new jobs, as some people are given jobs straightaway upstairs and the hardworking colleagues are over looked and that is one of the main reasons things can turn on a daily basis. The shifts and culture in the workplace can have a drastic effect on yourself as a call center agent and for me personally when you go for interviews internally and then are quite frankly told your not good enough or to customer focused this makes me think how long do i stay here for. I feel there is lots to be done for BNP paribas to become better but if they don't make them in 2020 on-wards then the same thing will continue to happen over and over again.
Brilliant company to work for, Managers are very down to earth. They also have a good bonus scheme and its a very fun place to work with great incentives.
This company is a culturally toxic place to work. There is a lack of value for their employees or care for their employees wellbeing. In particular there is a lack of work/life balance with little reward. would recommend not working there.
As a younger person working in a full time job for the first time this was a fairly good experience to have, working for a company like this will look good on your CV, it's definitely worth considering if you want to work in a bank as an accountant or any other financial career. The salary for a younger person is pretty good, if your an older person who has a family to provide for you might want to look elsewhere if your looking for a similar role. In terms of the actual call centre itself I feel there's room for alot of improvement, the management's support for the call centre agents I felt was subpar and inconsistent. I felt the training wasn't engaging, it was hard to absorb that much information in just a few weeks alot of what you learn is when your actually on the calls. There were alot of cases where there's no managers on the floor for assistance, understable on the odd occasion, for example if they're in an important meeting, however this happened quite frequently. Some of the managers are not as knowledgeable on a specific areas than others (there's 3 main areas in customer service Fixed Term, Card and IPF) Which I personally feel isn't helpful for new starters who may need more support if they don't have alot of experience doing finance in the past like I didn't. I also felt some of the managers and lead agents appeared frustrated and impatient. when you asked for support and there feedback came off condescending and sometimes even slightly rude or they would ask another agent for help, for reasons stated above, which made me personally feel like - more...
Pros
The salary was decent, hours weren't too bad, alot of nice colleagues
Cons
Inconsistent infrastructure, support from management was average at best
The environment is friendly and the managers are very approachable. The work is challenging and communication with our clients and customers is always positive.
This is a company for young enthusiastic people. A call centre environment. Room for progression. Continual training given, A multi cultural place to work.
Unrelenting pressure on EVERYONE in the business, top to bottom. There is no understanding of people management from the senior managers in the business.
Great place to work, lots of new and challenging projects. Always embracing new technology and innovative ways of working to improve their performance.
working in collections is fun as there is always a new incentive floating about, BNP is a very friendly place but I would say management is highly unprofessional and does need a brush up, the hardest part of the job is the customers you encounter over the phone but that goes for any job.
Pros
coffee machine
Cons
a favouritism environment
I have a close team i work with and great social interaction with them. Always the option to do work and the opportunity to help others.The challenging aspects are very strict on timing with breaks and lunches.
Cons
Breaks are monitored too strictly and only 45 min lunches
it is a fun place to work, which has good staff nice workplace culture flexible working based in solihull company always trying to grow in competitive environment
The people really make BNP Paribas PF and there are good opportunities to learn and advance here. Great location in Solihull but part of an international banking group
Pros
People
Cons
Parking
A great place to work and be. Working for an organisation which is growing providing continuous change. Allowing skills and attributes of employees to be used across various departments in projects.