BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,736 reviews
Good Company to work with, but job security is a concern for past 2-3 years. For past 2-3 years many people were fired without any reason.However there are many merits also like1. Personal and Professional life balance2. normal hike (similar to other IT companies) and year end bonus3. internal job posting process
Pros
free cab, free breakfast
Cons
job security
Mangers and leads are totally clueless. They promote off of favoritism . They make everything harder for the customers and employees . They rather lie to be customers to make them look better .
Pros
Employees
Cons
Not a bad job, just wasn't for me. Micromanagement was at an all time high. I didn't feel like the company actually listened and cared about my concerns.
Pros
OT is often available
Cons
Micromanagement, pay, work/life balance
Banking and BNY Mellon offer a relaxed work environment with a great work life balance. It is a great place to start if interested in banking and getting exposure and experience in different parts of the bank.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
compensation and career growth
BNY Mellon is taking strides to be a better place to work and overall its pretty fair. Pay increases are disappointing despite increases in profits. Upwards mobility is limited.
The US help desk started as about 50-100 strong. Now there are 3. Everyone has been outsourced or replaced by automated systems.Management does the minimum to promote from within.My supervisors change from week to week because of high turnover.The pay is middle of the road for this job, but there are many other places that have better work environment and better perks.
Pros
US and most India coworkers are friendly.
Cons
Management does little to assist with advancement. Menial job that is very repetitive.
Firm continues to cut resources, fails to promote and constantly pays below median of the market. Year after year, they change the structure of the incentive compensation and seem to look for ways to take benefits away from the employees. Continual lack of resources and inability to get the job done correctly. Everyone is burnt out but firm does not seem to care.
It's a pretty miserable place. I suppose there are some happy people there, but most people I knew burned out after a few years as the company will chew you up and never raise pay beyond a laughable 1% increase a year (when they have the money, every other year they say there is none and you'll get nothing).
Pros
breaks
Cons
meager pay, bad benefits
If you like working independently behind a computer screen all day then this the job for you if you don’t mind being micromanaged. The way I was described the position during interview isn’t at all what I thought it would be. Safe to say I’m glad I left.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Benefits, vacation time, workload
I enjoyed working as transfer agency administration where i had opportunity to contribute my previous exposure in accounting. I will definitely encourage others to work with BNY Mellon whenever there is suitable opportunity for them.
The best company I ever worked in my 12 years of career, such an amazing and professional balanced organization. But growth is very slow and if management is solving the internal promotion on existing employees that would take this organization on top of all.
Pros
Best work life balance, Great trainings, adequate hike and good bonuses, rewards and benefits.
Cons
Very slow growth and sometimes mid management ppl take an advantage and let talent ppl to go out
Demanding work environment, great managers and co-workers, overworked and underpaid. overall decent expierence, great people but challenging keeping up with the workload.
Good place to start the career, you can learn fast new things, there are a lot of trainings for new joiners. You can get promotion quite fast due to company structure. Unfortunately salary and benefits are very poor comparing to other companies. There are a lot of extra hours and position cuts when someone is leaving company.
A toxic work culture of incompetent managment who look out for themselves to pocket their bonus at the end of the year. Don't apply it is the route to madness.
Cons
While I do feel the work-life balance is great for emergencies and planned days off, the hours of this type of work can be very late. I feel I am compensated reasonably, however, because everyone has a lot on their plate from the top to bottom, stress can run high and people often are not set up for success in the realm of teamwork and supporting each other. The corporate culture here can be laid back, but also feels insincere to me, overall. For the benefits and pay and if you love this type of work I would recommend it. But if you do not love this work, many of these other challenges might have you uncomfortable. One more challenge is that the company is always trying to keep up with others and so they have us wearing more hats as time goes on.
Pros
Benefits, good co-workers, pay
Cons
Late hours, mixed job duties, stress
It’s very hard to get promoted and incentive is weak. Senior exec level turnover is high. Executives get rewards, proletariats get nothing. I feel like an independent contractor.
Pros
Stable company, recommend for entry level person but not experienced.
Cons
Low growth company. Little career opportunity for more senior people
I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.In my opinion the managers are control freaks who like to make their employees miserable.They do not seem to value employees and apparently see anyone who is not a manager as being beneath them.They don't seem to view employees as anything but resources to be exploited.The site managers are off on holidays and weekends while they make employees work 9 hour days 6 days a week including most holidays pretty much all the time.You shouldn't expect to have a personal life or see much of your family.They claim to have tons of work that they require all this overtime but you rarely if ever see the site manager sacrifice his weekends or holidays but he will order the employees to do so pretty much every week.They seem to expect employees to be "conditioned" to work long hours and their weekends to not complain and if you don't like it you are reminded that Texas is an "at will" state.It is not out of the ordinary to be yelled at or hear people being insulted on a daily basis.This is more than likely why people who can do better leave and they have a revolving door of people who show up collect a paycheck and leave when they see for themselves how things are there.In my opinion it is not a place you want to be trapped in.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Usually 6 day workweek, nine hour work days, one 15 min. break, 30 minute lunch, Expected to be at their disposal all the time, Don't show respect for employees or their personal time, Treated like you're beneath managers.
My manager was back stabbing and vulgar. If you thinking in joining BNYM take a better look at other industries. People and mangers are back stabbing and talk behind your back. Not a good place to start a career.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
No respect
Former employee of BNY Mellon. I learned a lot during my time there but wasn't compensated well. Management doesn't seem to take front line employee feedback to heart. Raises averaged 1-2% a year. Decent place to start a career, but you can find greener pastures elsewhere. BNYM handled the covid situation very well and allows ample work from home opportunities. Not sure how that will change when things go back to normal.
Pros
Good people to work with. Work from home opportunities.
Cons
Inadequate raises. Lack of advancement opportunities
Worked there over 25 years, spanning many departments and responsibilities. People at then Dreyfus were like family; managers, both direct and senior cared about their staff. Then Mellon Bank took over and at first favoritism was apparent in Pittsburgh home base, but eventually that melded into a family sense company. When the company was "sold" to BoNY, the culture changed and became clique-centric; if you were from BoNY you were accepted; others were treated as outsiders. Recently before my departure, new management was brought in to "modernize" but that drove it deeper into favoritism and purging of all older employees from those past companies. a place to avoid.
Pros
A great history, that's it
Cons
Failing management, favoritism, lack of caring anymore of staff.
Awful Awful worse place to work Management has favorites in every aspect poor pay unfair bonus practices no diversity in Management just a total joke of a work place. The transfer agency is treated the worse.
Pros
Zero
  1. Employee Reviews