British Airways

India72 reviews

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,386 reviews
airwayflighttravelshiftlifelearnhelpfulcustom

Stressful atmosphere

Management at call Ba delhi is really poor, staff welfare is not there,poor infrastructure, poor transport facility,Hr officer is not interested in any complaints been raised staff are been harassed by management nothing has been done so far moreover a worst place to work

excellent staff and in office environment

free travel around the world was the best benefit i got. u just pay taxes and get standby tickets which is great benefit working with an airline. Crowd in office and managers were really good and help. Totally professional and staff is very helpful in making u feel comfortable. i miss my days with them.

Cons

Shifts around the clock and can't take unplanned leaves

British Airways insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

Synopsis

WNS is an indian based company so it conforms to our PM-s call for atmanirbhar. Need to reform the pay scale and make it optimum that aligns with market.

Pros

Work life balance, relaxed settings, flexible shifts

Cons

Low pay and incentives

Positive environment

BA is a good place to work. There cab facilities is good. Environment there is amazing. I as a female, feels safe and secure to work there. Managers and TL's are great support.

Good experience

Great to work with such organizations. Highest order of safety culture, fully equipped , with full professionalism. We’re staff friendly organization.

Excellent work culture and balance

Excellent work environment and very family friendly job. Very open and supportive management. Work life balance along with physical and mental health are also of utmost importance

Good company to work for

One of the best companies I've worked for in my life and would consider retiring here if I could have an opportunity to get off the shifts environment.

Pros

Travelling

Cons

Unforeseen long shifts whenever there is a delay

productive and exposure

The work place was really amazing.Each and every employee in the company got treated equally.Very cooperative staff listens to the requirement of the individual. If we talk in terms of women safety I would like to give them ten on ten.I loved being a part of British Airways.If get an opportunity would love to work their again.

A place where you can become PRO in Amadeus. Every festival & occasion is celebrated as a family. The support staff is very helpful. Leave policy and shift timings is a major concern. Health goes for a Toss within no time as when they ask you about how flexible you are, they really mean it.

Productive and fun work place

British Airways initially dealt with Flight only bookings. On a later stage an additional enhancement was introduced to combine Flight bookings with ground product bookings such as Hotel, Car and Event and there came Dynamic Packaging project into picture in which Package bookings such as Flight with Hotel and Flight with Car were introduced.

Great#Amazing#Educative#supportive

It was great working with BA. Got to learn alot, new industry new market's new softwares most important got to knw that in aviation its Customers Service department is not just a nrml BPO it actually a ticketing department. Amazing management from the MD to BM's to ABM's to TL's to SL's. A big big thanks to the Training team got to learn a lot about customer service and aviation. Every one is super helpful

Brand

I have worked for British Airways for almost 4.5 years and i loved working with it .As i got to travel to so many destinations with employee travel benefits and also with amazing work environment .

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people

A great brand , a great culture . Loved my tenure. 12 years passed so quickly ..every flight was different ...new challenges ..great fellow crew members .

Productive workplace with good work culture

It is a nice company where you can find your work life balance. The training sessions are the best with an amazing training team and refresher training sessions are provided after brief periods.

Pros

Transport facility, Staff Travel Concession Tickets

Good Experience

Good work place. Knowledge holding people. Good opportunity to grow in business area and technical aspect. Experience to learn very much structured British Airways Business process, technical frame and continuous development.

Good Project

Good Project Good company with lot of opportunities.

Very professional

Although this was not relevant to my core stream it provided very good exposure to a full time working life. It was the first time I had to deal with real responsibilities. The job consisted generally of 8hour shifts but very often extended to 10-12 hours. My main role was that of customer service executive at the airport. Additional roles included flight statistics and post-flight paperwork.

Pros

Very good pay. Good exposure to real world scenarios. Meeting lots of new people

Cons

Long hours with very few holidays

The Airline Experience

A perfect organisation if you want to experience the real airline culture and work environment. A fun filled work environment with plenty of parties and fun, but no work / life balance. Grave yard shifts throughout year and you will end up working weekends and public holidays too. But the pay is excellent and so are the travel benefits. So if you are a globetrotter or even a causal traveller , you'll love the perks of the job. The progression is slow and the increments are next to nothing, but as I had mentioned earlier the basic Pay you enter in is much higher than what other Airlines pay. So if you are someone who is looking for a "Chill job" and do not care about erratic timings or long working hours, or somebody who just wants to save up and travel the world, this is the place for you.

Pros

Work Environment, People, Travel Benefits, Transportation to work, Parties, Job Culture

Cons

Work / Life Balance, Leave Approval, Graveyard shifts, Job Security, Advancement

best company

best company to work with . great peeople, great environment. work with fun and best thing in british airways is staff travel. getting staff travel in oneworld flight feels great working with BA.

good place to work good learing exposure

good place to learn new things about aviation. they pay very well, was working as Acting customer service manager. they acknowledge good work and appreciate honest and hard working employees.

Pros

good package and other benefits

Cons

night shifts

Customer Service Representative

Flight operations , handling passenger queries and support in smooth travel from airport to final destination. Handling other formalities as check-in , boarding & offloading processes keeping in view the safety & security of the airline as well as end customer

Pros

Very well established organisation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Airways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare British Airways with