British Council

British Council Employee Reviews

Work is easy, Staff is polite and helpful, package is enough, Experienced staff, Locations is spacious and the security is best and helpful. All over it is best
The freelancing job (Invigilation) covers conducting Exams for different universities globally. It involves in setting up and exam room before the exam, being vigilant and performing administrative tasks during exam and evaluating performance post exam. This is the only job where you finish your days work in the same day and start the new day fresh. No targets. A great place to learn customer interactions with having the opportunity to grow very quickly. One can work for few days in a month and make a good enough salary for a month.No age limit to apply for this job.The working days in goa are limited as the number of people taking exams are limited. Invigilators do travel to other states of India to perform same work (company paid expense) (currently COVID-19 restrictions apply).
Pros
7 hours including breaks, no targets
Cons
Freelancing in goa - few number of working days as compared to other cites/states
Marvelous, I had learnt a lot while working in this organization .
Pros
Ample of things to learn
Cons
Challenging
Frankly speaking, it is not a place for senior people to work for such an organization albeit as a freelancer. The supervisors are mostly much younger people with the typical "corporate" attitude. Mostly, they work fulltime in IT and other good companies and supervise test events during the weekends. And dont ask about the attitude of these guys and girls. They treat the invigilators (who are also freelancers like them) very cheaply. They are admonished and humiliated for silly reasons.The sad part is that the top management monitors all these things sitting either in Chennai or somewhere in Gurgaon. They are eventually bothered about conducting the test events seamlessly without the slightest concern about the working conditions of the ground level staff. Taking advantage of this, the supervisors play their game of politics and dictatorship to the maximum extent possible. Hence I wouldn't recommend people especially people above 40 years applying for freelance jobs in this organization.
Pros
Nothing worth mentioning
Cons
Politics, Immature supervisors, Totally Opaque organization
Early morning we need be at the venue and till evening we are there, we have friendly environment over there and we work under a team which includes 50+ people so there;s healthy work environment and we enjoy interacting with new people every time, and of course the feedback after the session.
Pros
free lunch, free stay at 5 star hotel
Cons
long hours, extra work
The company is archaic in its policies and processes. If you are ambitious and want to grow in your field, this is not the place for you. There is clear demarcation and disconnect between senior management team and the on ground team and under the garb of collaboration, the pace of work suffers.
Working for the British Council have a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in a modern, rapidly changing organisation with worldwide influence and impact. Jobs with the British Council offer scope for versatility, initiative and creativity in a stimulating and supportive environment.
Nice experience .... The overall environment is very vibrant and people are also very helpful... Team building activities at work are fun... I have also opportunity to work at British council - Barakhamba Road office and by far it will be the most amazing office I have worked till date....
It's was a wonderful experience to work in a spoken English program of British council. I had a great learning experience. Looking forward in more projects.
great place to work and learn great new things.people here are very expericed and have great skill we get a lot to learn from them and grow as a freelancer.
Great ambience with availability of metro. Security is good. Healthy environment. More opportunity. Transport facility is not much good..... Good food but expensive.
It was a bit hectic for the teacher as well as the students as the timings were from 8am to 2 pm and we have to take sessions continuously with just 2 breaks of 10 mins and one 20 min break. Otherwise the learning outcomes were great and ot was a great experience.
Work culture is formal, you get a lot of networking opportunities with English professors, trainers; work is simple : customer and process focused, but rate of pay is just Rs 140 an hour and 7-8 hours of work (7-10 days a month). this So those who depend on it full time - and will face disappointment and frustration.
Pros
Lots of training, networking opportunities, some paid travel, English speaking atmosphere and mutual respect.
Cons
Poor pay rate, lots of churn and turnover of staff, only part time work (1-2 days a week), management doesn't respond to queries nor prefers face to face interactions
Excellent experience n professional.. With a care of maintaining standard n quality of ielts exams.. British council takes care of his clients as wel as employees.. A nice platform for exceeding ones career..
Working in British Council has taught me lot of things like leadership values and how to handle big problems. And I enjoyed working there and every time we used to deal with different type of customers.
It gave me a platform to identify my identity,opened many opportunities. Confidence Work life Balance Positive Ability to açcept challenge. Never be stressed for work
Good Job Culture. Good service. I actually worked there while doing my MBA. British council is one of the top management who is running the IELTS TEST and we can work there as per our wish. We can put the slots or we can book the days in advance for the work. They will provide the centre. Really good atmosphere. The payments will be delayed for 2 months.
Had to be on toes. Man management. Punctuality. Good.Time management. Prioritizing. Socializing. Analytical mind. Don't say Yes when you want to say No. Reading between lines. Understanding Rules and Regulations. Interpretation. Implementing rules, procedures and practices more in spirit than in letters depending on circumstances..
Looking forward for a full time opportunity with British Council.Its an esteemed organization and provides an opportunity to grow professionaly.Interview screening is tough.
It was the great experience with ISA project been I have don in my school as per the school recommend me for the project as a Manager for the same. I organized this project in my school The titel of the project was Indian national games v/s others mantion countries national games.
Learnt how to approach the target visitors, informed them about the different subscription schemes, time management and team work. At the same time assisted the seniors.
  1. Employee Reviews