Building works

Building works Employee Reviews

Worst company in Calgary !

I worked there for 6 months this place is the most disorganized company I have ever seen. Shop supervisor drinking more than coffee. They will blame you for everything. Owner never thereA very toxic environment be aware.

Pros

Free materials

Cons

Toxic environment

By far the worst company I have EVER worked for

Like the title says this is the worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life. The owners are extremely ignorant with unrealistic expectations. If you enjoy working your tail off, getting little pay, and lying to customers every phone call you make then this is the place for you. I felt worse than a used car salesman. Very shady company. The script we had to read from made us lie to everyone we called and if you try to make the script your own or use one word that isn’t on the script you get lectured and disciplined. I’ve had a lot of success in my life with sales jobs. Every place I worked at I was the top salesman or close to it. Here on the other hand I wasn’t because you are forced to follow a script that does not work and when I told the managers I would like to make it my own script with my own style they basically called me stupid and said they have been doing it for years and that it works fine I must be doing it wrong. So my response to that was “ok no problem if I’m doing it wrong that’s understandable and could you make a few calls for me and show me how it works so well? Maybe I can learn from you” The owner refused and said he had better things to do than make phone calls and wasn’t gonna waste his time calling people. I also had multiple people call me out as a liar because of the script we were forced to use. Literally made over a hundred phone calls a day and had to lie to every single person I called. I felt so bad making calls and I had to quit because of it. On top of all that I was told I was being hired as an outside sales rep but wasn’t allowed -

team work and fun place to work

this obtain a position utilizing my knowledge, skills and proven abilities and offering opportunities for personal contribution and professional growth. strong interpersonal skills. possess a high stress tolerance , sound judgement , problem solving skills ,able to interpret and apply information city route maps and schedules ,work well individually and within a team . creating a safe work environment and customer service

Demands set out of reach

If you want to work your tail off then see no compensation, nice place to work. My experience if you don't make there quota plan on being ket go within the first 4-6 weeks. Very demanding company :(

Horrible Company

Poorly Managed company with extremely poor work ethics. Customers were never satisfied. Company tried to cut corners to save money and over charge the clients all the time. Do not apply and waste your time. You will not be paid well for your efforts. A very Micro-managed company.

not good

even though i got along with owner he would cut peoples hours and pay for no reason and say they didnt work or diserve it when they did. i was afraid he would do it to me. he also got kicked off every job i was on the homeowners always had disputes with him. i could not stay with a company i didnt feel was good to poeple

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Building works?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Building works. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Building works