Cairn Energy

Cairn Energy Employee Reviews

India49 reviews

Nice poeple to work with.

Good people and a good place. Freedom to work when and on what was requested and required. Good team work and nice invroment i.e. office's etc.excellent HR services.

Pros

Interseting work

Cons

Nil

production opoerator

work under shift basis of 12 hrs per day learn the total operation in the plant handle the plant with safe manner work under safety work with team & proper communication gain good knowledge inprocess

Pros

lunch accommodation

Cons

long hour duty

Cairn Energy insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Review for Cairn Energy

The company provided all round exposure for my crucial part of my career to learn and make more initiatives in my work. The company encouraged to explore new responsibilities with authority that helped me to deliver my results. Effectively managed the budgets for multiple oil & gas concessions and implemented many software applications. The company supported in all my responsibilities and gave proper guidance and independence to interact with my JV partners which gave me confidence and enrich my knowledge. This complemented my JV management skills.

Cons

shifting to North India from South was a personal disappointment.

Good

Excellent Experience working in all projects of Cairn. good atmosphere and free hand to perform you caliber. good work culture, good training and experience strongly recommend.

Pros

Free Lunch

Nice Company

One of the finest company in Oil field in India.More scope to learn and getting good experience.Work culture was good.This job was rotation basis On /Off dity.I really loved it. Work wise little bit of hard but able to do it.

Pros

Free food and accommodation

Nice place

It was long time ago, don't have much inputs. The place was fun but had its own issues. There were free lunches but the atmosphere was stressful. The management was good

Good

Good place to work Friendly management Salary is low compared to market Good training provided to staff Work load varies from time to time Good place for freshers

job is good but salary not good

i was started my career in carin energy pvt limited.i got good knowledge here.but salary is very less. good work cycle 21 days on 21 days off . i like this rotation.

Good place for learning

good place for learning technical engineering discipline. It is important to be active in order to fetch a good role. role changing is allowed , team transitions are allowed therefore better learning and growth in knowledge.

Pros

Lunch provided

Cons

closeness to manager decides promotion.

Functional workplace

i have done end to end project and also worked in client location.good experience to work here .i visited few time in client location done all the work as there requiement

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cairn Energy?

tensed job and difficult in site

Cairn is a number one company, but no job security. Work culture is good. Always pay good remuneration, but trough out people without any information or notice.

work oriented and good atmosphere

you were valued for what your were and what you did. A good place to work and learn. Enjoyable part of the job was interaction between employees

Poor job culture and management policies

Poor job culture and management policies job security is low and growth is very slow. Policies are useless and the worst organization culture I have ever seen

Productive and employee focused organization

It was one of the best company who take care of their employees as well as their production process. I would like to appreciate the management who always be ready to face new challenges and provides best technology to their employee. I have used the PTS, VTS, PIDS, 360 Degree rotate cameras, face read attendance for the contract worker etc. I am the mead stream operator but I took proud to be a part of Cairn Energy India. We have many times celebrated 0% accident reports from safety officer. Safety officer take care for the all vehicles checking and track on speed. Cairn Energy India is fast growing company and have employee engagement activities, development activities, CSR activities for communities, governemt activities etc.

Pros

HSE training, canteen facilities, medical facilities, CSR activities, employment to deserved employees

fun place

Gained my first field experience. Got the opportunity to explore my academic experience in field which therefore increase my knowledge potential exponentially

good work atmosphere

Beautiful working atmosphere. productive and at times hectic schedules. Highly responsible for day to day activities.

Pros

good aminesties

Cons

frequent shifting sites

Very Fun & Productive Workplace

Great place to work.Cairn Energy is one of the indian largest compnay in the field of Exploration.Workplace is very friendly & cooperative.

Safety first, production next

Safety and Training are first preference. Perfection in the job is expected. Following ASME standards. Less pollution. Good respect. Timely salary. Respecting people.

Cairn India Ltd is a good company to work with. Very good working environment with very good team which accomplished results in a short span.

Cairn India Ltd has a field at Barmer. Producing oil from the desert is a tough task. The most challenging task was to work with local community. Being an HR & Administration professional day to day had to interact with local community. Over the period of 20 years learnt every aspect of Administration and HR . It was a great challenge to commence production within a year of commencement of construction. Putting systems in place making local vendors understand the process is indeed a challenging task. Since the job is ON/OFF pattern cultural programs and theme dinners make the work place a fun place. This was most enjoyable part of the job as you see your co workers refreshing from monotonous job in the evenings away from their families. Being a person responsible for organizing such events it is more enjoyable. Good part in the organization is the management supports every activity that motivates employee. You have freedom to work. Nice company to work with.

Pros

Free accommodation, meals, log service awards foreign tours for families, diwali gift hampers.

Cons

Got to spend 21 days away from family, tough climactic conditions, flat organization advancement is scarce, working in remote locations, work life balance, oil field being small limited opportunities.

Good learning platform with tremendous exposure to new things

Best place to work with very much co operative people.Cairn India, being one of a major country player in oil and gas upstream, it is my privilege to be with Cairn with lot a learning potential possibilities.

Good company to work with.Management is good

Its a great place to learn finance in depth.I had great time working there and management understands what employee needs.Work culture is excellent and all the teammates were very supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cairn Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cairn Energy with