Capgemini Engineering

Capgemini Engineering Employee Reviews

India66 reviews

projecttechnologyculturebalanceclientlearninglearnlife

Have faced mean culture

There is a miss in hierarchy rapport, no sense of belonging.Management is kind of lost, neither their policies are employee beneficial. For freshers agreements are a trap

No WLB, Poor Management, Some learning opportunity

I am under payroll of CG, working at client location.I never felt like I was part of CG, I had to introduce myself everytime I called my reporting manager. They never made contact to ensure we were not overloaded or try to listen to issues.Salary was not credited on time couple times. Allowances that were supposed to be credited for being onsite was never credited unless we raised tickets and had to send multiple mails to manager to make it happen.

Capgemini Engineering insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Extremely Poor Management, No connect

Upper management is extremely poor, they don't bother about employees. Employee is just number and billing for project.On paper, in policies a lot of content which shows employee friendly but reality is different. Those old manager, director just sees number, for them employee growth doesn't matter. Very bad environment, in paper manager connect but senior people are busy than India's prime minister. No salary growth, no personal growth.

Good work life balance with good learning

Good work life balance with good learning.Management is supportive and helpful.Flexible timings.Work from home for now.Need to improve in employee friendly activities

Pros

Flexible timings

Cons

Not much employee friendly activities

Not a best place to start your career

Not much to learn here. Salary is below market standard and no recognition of your work. Management need to be improved. Support from IT team has been pathetic. Overall experience has been disappointing.

Relaxed Job

Work depends on the client you have been assigned.Mine is Apple it's a very slow paced project and it's been almost 1 year they haven't provided good quality of work.

Good for telecom learning

Good company for freshers as they get to learn telecom and also hike is good for freshers. Company is recruiting more freshers and are assinged to different projects. Hike is less.

Pros

Not much pressure and some projects have good work life balance

Cons

Some projects are hectic. No benifits

Ok type company

It's a consulting company and work culture totally depends on client company.Good payCapgemini brandOverall good experience so farManagement should be more interactive

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Great place to work if you get to work with an amazing client.

Great place to work if you get to work with an amazing client. Managers are good with you unless you are on the billable project. Not many benefits and the worst part is the notice period which is of 3 months.

Nothing to say

nothing to say from my side, its seems the company is doing well and team is also doing good, i came out for my personal reasons. other than that the company is great place to work.

Pros

nothing

Cons

nothing

Productive and fun to work

Company is good to join. But only issue is salary hike you will get very less salary hike here. Many projects you have to work in client location. Insurance is available only for yourself not for your parents

Below average

Not recommended for someone looking for fair compensation for the amount of work one puts in. The management turns a blind eye to your concerns. The work-life balance is not great either.

Pros

Easy to get it. Selection process is not that difficult.

Cons

Particularly for cisco projects, the hours are bad, the management doesn't care. The work load is huge and some, if not most, managers are micromanagers..

Not a great company to work with

Not a great company to work with. Don't know how it has grown, most probably due to acquisitions... Had worked in few India over a period of 6 yrs...No salary growth in India. The company is famous for giving zero or decimal hikes

Overall good

Altran is a good place to work. Lots of employee centric policies and during covid time has supported with numerous initiatives. Manager is supportive and encouraging

Pros

Good environment, good pay

Cons

Difficult to switch projects

Altran was once a great employer

The hardest part of the job is that there are no project. Even if you get on project be sure it would be outside your skill and competency.Altran is more like a paper tiger, doesn't have any product of its own. Trying to be a primer system integrator for CSPs but lack the expertise. At managerial level there is no vision and lack of competency building and skill training are absolute zero. They don't look towards there aspects. Some inhouse training are there but of very meager quality.

Pros

see none

Cons

Lack of knowledge base and skill building. Lack of good projects

Good place to work, though pay is less.

Good place to work, though pay is less. Will get good client projects in semiconductor. Overall a good place to start your career with good Managers.

Micromanagement

Full of officie politics, salary is not at all good.They will always demotivate you.HR will never help you. Self learning is the only thing that can keep you motivated.

Pros

Good for learning by yourself.

Cons

Full of overtime

Very good experience

I worked in altran in security TAC as a network and security engineer. It was the best experience of my career. What really impressed me about altran is leadership and working environment. Though it was permanent night shift, bt i had ample amount of time for social activities.

Good for learning perspective.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Altran is not good.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Altran are lessJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Altran, I think it is good.ManagementIn general, managers at Altran are little self centricCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Altran is amazing and helpful.OverallMy experience working at Altran is best ever i had experienced

Great Place for a self learner

I joined Altran as a frsher , so according to me it is the best place to jumpstart your carreer, The management team and total overall work is bit fast paced so you have to keep up.GREAT PLACE!!!

Pros

Flexible timings

Cons

Long hours/less salary

Altran is good company. But your career life is designed by the manager what u get.

Don't go there as contract employee. Check out about ur project manager. Good projects, They will change your domain w.r.t project need to be careful. You may need to work day and night. And forget about ur weekend

Pros

Work culture and work area

Cons

Stressful life will feel with no personal time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Capgemini Engineering with