Caterpillar
Caterpillar Employee Review

One of the best companies I've ever worked with

January 14, 2018
I've been in various roles of the company right from systems programmer all the way up to program manager. Excellent management skills, perfect work life balance, good infrastructure and good compensation. Though onsite opportunities are limited, I have the privilege to travel on an international assignment and worked with diversified team. It has been a privilege to work for Caterpillar.
Pros
Good work life balance and compensation
December 16, 2012
Same role
Six Sigma Cerified Black Belt (Former Employee) - Hosur, India
Different Roles in CaterpillarMar-1996- Mar-1997 – Caterpillar Graduate - 1 yearApr-1997 - Aug-2001 –Diesel Engine specialist, R & D Division - 4 yearsSep-2001 – May-2007 –Six Sigma Black position – 6 yearsNotable Achievements(Caterpillar) ;One of the first wave Six sigma black belt from Caterpillar in 2001Have implemented the Six Sigma Breakthrough methodology and given training to more than 65 Green belts and completed more than 20 projects in DMAIC / 2 Projects in DFSSUS $ 2 mil realized from Six Sigma ProjectsAwarded Best Six sigma on “Development of Noise Enclosures for Genset packages” for best DOE projectSupport SAP – Material Management functional related activities in Customising the requirement & Implementation & Support
May 12, 2021
Same location
Human Resources Administrator / HR Generalist Role (Former Employee) - Bengaluru, Karnataka
Working in Caterpillar is good but some times due to corporate politics career of people get spoil and management doesn't notice it.No job security as top management believe only subordinates /supervisors.
Pros
Free transport(both ways)
Cons
Management Politics ruin careers of people
Official response from Caterpillar
June 9, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share an honest review about your experience with Caterpillar. You’ve identified a few opportunities for improvement that will help make Caterpillar a better place to work for our employees. All the best to you in your next role.
August 4, 2020
Same location
Aftermarket Customer service manager (Current Employee) - Bengaluru, Karnataka
Caterpillar is has vast knowledge bank. Have an opportunity to learn in many areas and management supports. Everyone has equal opportunity to succeed.
Official response from Caterpillar
November 11, 2020
Thank you for leaving this great review. It’s vital to enterprise success that all of our employees have access to the knowledge, training and tools needed to effectively do their job. We are glad to know that you feel supported in this regard and that you are a part of an inclusive environment. Thanks for being part of Team Caterpillar!
  1. One of the best companies I've ever worked with